DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
DisMN
DIS Veteran

Has the Online Reservation Proceedure changed?

It's almost time for me to make our reservation for next year so it's been a year since I've used the online system. The prior years the system just took your request with a second choice listed but in the past year now has it changed?
You used to wait a day or three and they'd email you back with the dates they were able to get you in the window you provided them.

I thought I had heard someone say they were now able to see the inventory available to make their reservations? Is this the case?
DisMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Now it's a true on-line reservation system. You put in your check-in/out dates, resort and room type and it tell you if a room is available or not. It will also show you possible alternate resorts. It will allow you to place the reservation immediately. If not available and you have not used your two wait lists for the UY, it will allow you to wait list for the room.

Here's an article from DVCNews.com covering the on-line reservation system: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...e-reservations

Last edited by erionm; 02-22-2013 at 12:38 PM.
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Now it's a true on-line reservation system. You put in your check-in/out dates, resort and room type and it tell you if a room is available or not. It will also show you possible alternate resorts. It will allow you to place the reservation immediately. If not available and you have not used your two wait lists for the UY, it will allow you to wait list for the room.
At the 11 month window it will ONLY show you possible alternative Booking categories (standard, LV or MKV at BLT for example) because you can only book at your home resort. 7 months and sooner it will show you alternative resorts as well.

So inside 7 months if you search BLT, it will show you VWL as well. OKW will show SSR, BW will show BC. They tend to show an alternative resort near the one you are looking up. It will NOT show you the resorts that may be available if your choice is not available. You will have to change your search a few times to search across all resorts.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
DisMN
DIS Veteran

Thankyou both so much!

So now a person can go and just look to see what's available? Could be interesting!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMN View Post
Thankyou both so much!

So now a person can go and just look to see what's available? Could be interesting!
Hope you get what you want!

Bobbi
Old 02-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
DisMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Hope you get what you want!

Bobbi
I did! It worked beautifully...I LOVED seeing what I could also have chosen as alternate resorts and dates. The only glitch was at the very end. It wouldn't accept my reservation and then when I tried a second time it said something worrying (can't remember the wording).
I just backed out, waited about 5 minutes and tried again and everything went smoothly.

It's really nice to be able to do it without having to call MS!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMN View Post

It's really nice to be able to do it without having to call MS!
Yes it is. I bought and closed my contract just after the online booking system came available. So I'm spoiled I guess. I can't imagine doing it by calling.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
Tinkmom
DIS Veteran

Did it take some time before you could view your reservation?

I cancelled a reservation, then used those points (which were in holding) plus some borrowed points to make a reservation. All seemed OK, but my point total still reflects holding points and balances as if I had not made new reservation. I haven't gotten an email confirmation, nor does this show in my upcoming vacations.

Granted, it has only been a few minutes, but I was wondering if there is normally a delay in the website reflecting a new reservation.

Thanks for any experiences.
Tinkmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: