Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Botex for Migraines

Has anyone tried Botox to treat their migraines? I am currently on 3 different meds just to prevent migraines and still get a significant amount of them. My dr suggested trying Botox - I am currently waiting for insurance approval... I have to say I find the thought kind of unnerving, but after suffering for years, I guess I am at the point of trying most anything.
3smithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3smithboys
Has anyone tried Botox to treat their migraines? I am currently on 3 different meds just to prevent migraines and still get a significant amount of them. My dr suggested trying Botox - I am currently waiting for insurance approval... I have to say I find the thought kind of unnerving, but after suffering for years, I guess I am at the point of trying most anything.
Yes, I got 31 injections total but it didn't work for me. Lidocaine trigger points worked well but only for a few days. I have heard good things about it for some people.

I'm on a cocktail of different meds including an at home injectable med but so far nothing has really helped.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
low-key
DIS Veteran

If they approve it, get some for me, I get huge Migraines
Old 02-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
emer95
DIS Veteran

I've been getting the injections for about a year and a half. It has definitely helped, but I still get migraines. They are not nearly as debilitating now. They might last one day instead of twelve days.
I was very uneasy about getting Botox, but the migraines were so bad at times, I was having terrible dark thoughts. I had to do something, so Botox it was. I get the injections every three months, 33 injections each time. I don't like them, but I always tell myself during them that nothing hurts as badly as a migraine, and I get through it.
Plus my forehead is smooth and lovely, LOL!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95
I've been getting the injections for about a year and a half. It has definitely helped, but I still get migraines. They are not nearly as debilitating now. They might last one day instead of twelve days.
I was very uneasy about getting Botox, but the migraines were so bad at times, I was having terrible dark thoughts. I had to do something, so Botox it was. I get the injections every three months, 33 injections each time. I don't like them, but I always tell myself during them that nothing hurts as badly as a migraine, and I get through it.
Plus my forehead is smooth and lovely, LOL!
I was 26 when I had Botox done, and I couldn't move some parts of my eyebrows. It was actually kind of funny. I'm so used to needles now, it didn't really bother me. Right now I'm going on over 25 days with the same migraine. I've gone to the ER twice already. Living with this sucks.

I reached my dark place in Sept of 2011. The pain was so bad and I had been in the hospital for 5 days with no relief and thought about begging the doctors to kill me. That's when I decided I was going to try to get the neuro stimulator surgery for migraines. It gave me some hope to hold into to get through the rough patch. Unfortunately my medical wouldn't cover it because it's not FDA approved.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: