Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #1366
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Catch you guys in a bit. We need to go looking at dishwashers.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #1367
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Matt just got oct 4 approved off!!
That was quick!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #1368
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Catch you guys in a bit. We need to go looking at dishwashers.
On Easter???
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #1369
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That was quick!

LOL yes but unfortunately I just found out he hadn't put off for the dates for our California trip (for HIS birthday) and just got waitlisted! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to not think about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
On Easter???
Maybe that's how she boils her eggs? LOL
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #1370
TifffanyD
I need to reload

So Fri, Oct 4 is the night I should look to book? What time is the Pontoon boat?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #1371
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
So would you have to "borrow" those 17 points? If you want I could rent some points. I have banked all my 2012 points and have most of my 2013 points still available. I need to get on a rental plan, or spend a lot of time out at VGC or I'll be in a lose them situation.
What is your use year? Is it the same for all resorts?
Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #1372
franandaj

Quote:
So Fri, Oct 4 is the night I should look to book? What time is the Pontoon boat?
I just asked that question on the planning thread. I think the fireworks are at 9PM that night, and the boat boards/leaves at 8PM, so we need to be there before, but PIO can verify it.

Do you cook? I know you can make jello shots, but I don't think we have any drinkers besides you and me? Do you bake?

So far on the menu we have

Queso & Chips
Watermelon
Cucumber Salad
Grilled Tri Tip
Portabello Mushrooms with Pesto and Goat Cheese
Fried Rice

I'm thinking of making some kind of savory Florentine crescent rolls since Fran needs to eat spinach every day. We need dessert!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #1373
franandaj

Quote:
What is your use year? Is it the same for all resorts?
Our UY is September. There are a variety of UY at the resorts, but I think they only have March, April, June, September, and October. There may be one or two others, but those are the only ones that I've heard people talk about.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #1374
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
I just asked that question on the planning thread. I think the fireworks are at 9PM that night, and the boat boards/leaves at 8PM, so we need to be there before, but PIO can verify it.

Do you cook? I know you can make jello shots, but I don't think we have any drinkers besides you and me? Do you bake?

So far on the menu we have

Queso & Chips
Watermelon
Cucumber Salad
Grilled Tri Tip
Portabello Mushrooms with Pesto and Goat Cheese
Fried Rice

I'm thinking of making some kind of savory Florentine crescent rolls since Fran needs to eat spinach every day. We need dessert!
Hahahah so you asked 2 questions

1.... Do you cook. A: yes but not very well

2... Do you bake. A: yes and quite well... I can def do something desserty. Maybe cake balls or something

I can also bring things for you and I (and Matt) to drink. Altho right now it looks like only AKL and SSR are avail so one of us may have to drive. Do you Jellyroll?
Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #1375
TifffanyD
I need to reload

The portobello sounds amazing... I don't eat beef so that will be yum yum

also the spinach rolls
Old 03-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #1376
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Our UY is September. There are a variety of UY at the resorts, but I think they only have March, April, June, September, and October. There may be one or two others, but those are the only ones that I've heard people talk about.
Just wondering since you have so many points built up. We are October so this trip works well... if we borrow and can't make it we still have all year to use those points
Old 03-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #1377
franandaj

Quote:
Hahahah so you asked 2 questions

1.... Do you cook. A: yes but not very well

2... Do you bake. A: yes and quite well... I can def do something desserty. Maybe cake balls or something

I can also bring things for you and I (and Matt) to drink. Altho right now it looks like only AKL and SSR are avail so one of us may have to drive. Do you Jellyroll?
Cool! You should join in on the thread, at least the last couple posts.

I plan on having wine for my room. Fran will have an occasional Margarita, but might be interested in whatever you have. We're hoping to be outside at the BBQ grills. There are evidently some picnic benches out there so we could set up camp there, but I will also have a 1 Br that attaches to PIO's studio. This would mean that Fran and I would have to clean up our room if people were to come in!

If you stayed at SSR, you could always take the bus to DTD and walk to your resort.

Do you mean Jellyrolls? I love the place, we haven't been there in years though. I wonder if we still know the music they play. I haven't kept up on pop music since the early 80's.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #1378
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Cool! You should join in on the thread, at least the last couple posts.

I plan on having wine for my room. Fran will have an occasional Margarita, but might be interested in whatever you have. We're hoping to be outside at the BBQ grills. There are evidently some picnic benches out there so we could set up camp there, but I will also have a 1 Br that attaches to PIO's studio. This would mean that Fran and I would have to clean up our room if people were to come in!

If you stayed at SSR, you could always take the bus to DTD and walk to your resort.

Do you mean Jellyrolls? I love the place, we haven't been there in years though. I wonder if we still know the music they play. I haven't kept up on pop music since the early 80's.
haha ok Maybe I will join tomorrow - my PC is about dead. I tried reserving a room but the site is being crazy so I will check/try tomorrow. That is true about SSR... so maybe we will try that. But if we do AKL we can waitlist boardwalk and beachclub and if it comes through it would be more points so we wouldn't have to deal with a borrowed point or 2 gone to waste, hmmm....

LOL not sure what we would bring. Matt is not a huge wine drinker (but will drink it) and he loves beer. I will not drink either I will only drink spirits (I call them proper drinks just to tick other ppl off... lol!!!) But if I wanna be easy I could bring Mike's or something... or mini bottles of something fun.

Yes I mean Jellyrolls. We love it too. You definitely will know the music they play... the older the more crowd feedback. Favorites at piano bars are Jimmy Buffett, Neil Diamond, and Billy Joel! And Jellrolls is pretty tame as far as piano bars go.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #1379
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Oh dinner is Saturday tho? How late will it be? We wouldn't stay Saturday night and will have to board our dog Friday so if we stayed for dinner Sat we'd likely have to board him again and then drive back late...
Old 03-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #1380
franandaj

Quote:
Just wondering since you have so many points built up. We are October so this trip works well... if we borrow and can't make it we still have all year to use those points
I can see where that works out. We just have a TON of points. When I bought them I figured I would rent some of them out, but I also thought we would be staying over at CA more often because we had a F&W festival then. Now they've canceled it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: