Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
18sprint
Mouseketeer

The English Channel

Haven't seen much comment on this group, nor do I wish this to become a bashing session, in either direction. Been watching a video on WDWMagic.com. I have also seen them a couple times in person myself. I am not criticizing their music abilities at all, but their act, appearance, presence, just doesn't seem to live up to that "over the top" entertainment that I have come to expect at Disney. In my opinion, I'm not speaking for anyone else, The British Invasion fit the area, their show seemed more personal and related to the UK. This is about a 20-25 min show with a group playing snipits of many songs, which is fine I guess, but what really bothers me is there is no "show". They look like a garage band, there, I said it. That may be the story they are trying to tell, but I always felt more excitement from the British Invasion and the other guests seemed to "get into them" more. Do I think putting them into fancier clothes would help? Maybe, a little, but a little more showmanship would go a long way too...
18sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

I have seen them and have to say I loved the show. They are great with getting the audience excited. I was sorry to see British Invasion go as I liked them but things change.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

The group that currently appears at Epcot UK is called British Revolution and outside Epcot they appear as British Airwaves.

http://kennythepirate.com/show-sched...sh-revolution/
Old 02-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
18sprint
Mouseketeer

OOPs, sorry about the wrong name, I was just going off the title of the video.
18sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18sprint View Post
OOPs, sorry about the wrong name, I was just going off the title of the video.
Looks like they were briefly called that before changing names.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18sprint View Post
Haven't seen much comment on this group, nor do I wish this to become a bashing session, in either direction. Been watching a video on WDWMagic.com. I have also seen them a couple times in person myself. I am not criticizing their music abilities at all, but their act, appearance, presence, just doesn't seem to live up to that "over the top" entertainment that I have come to expect at Disney. In my opinion, I'm not speaking for anyone else, The British Invasion fit the area, their show seemed more personal and related to the UK. This is about a 20-25 min show with a group playing snipits of many songs, which is fine I guess, but what really bothers me is there is no "show". They look like a garage band, there, I said it. That may be the story they are trying to tell, but I always felt more excitement from the British Invasion and the other guests seemed to "get into them" more. Do I think putting them into fancier clothes would help? Maybe, a little, but a little more showmanship would go a long way too...
I prefer the British Revolution over the British Invasion because the later did more Beatles stuff while the former does more variety of British music.

That being said, this comes from someone who lived with two Beatles fans in college for a year. Said year was fall 1980-spring 1981 and we all know what happened one December 8, 1980. During that time, I was forced to listen to every album the Beatles ever did, had to listen to songs backwards to hear "Paul is dead", had to endure not one day but a full week of black mourning clothes right before Christmas of 1980, and had a Yellow Submarine theme for months.

Yeah, I've been sick and tired of the Beatles for over 30 years. Can now only hear certain songs from them.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: