DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
melindaPR
Mouseketeer

Best AKV Jambo Savannah

Does anybody have a preference in regards to the Savannahs at AKV-Jambo for a Savannah view room? Lining up my request, and last time we stayed at AKL there was no Kidani.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
rmcildw2m
DIS Veteran

Any room at that level is good , its just a matter as to if and when the animals walk close to you that counts .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Cash guests pay more to be on the Arusha savannah. That's the middle savannah.

Sunset is now the largest savannah, as it was expanded as it is shared with Kidani. Because Jambo "juts out" a few times into the sunset, there may more plāces for animals to "hide" away from your view.

But it also depends on when you are in your room. In Sunset, feeding time happens near the actual sunset, and the animals are most active while eating.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

We were just giving 5303 and it was incredible. Clearing right in front that the animals were baited to. lol

Others can please post, but I think this is the one resort that you are better off with a lower floor. You can see under the trees and I seen a few people talking directly to the staff on the ground and that would not have possible from the 5th floor.

Again we love our location and look forward to staying there again for a longer stay.

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
We were just giving 5303 and it was incredible. Clearing right in front that the animals were baited to. lol

Others can please post, but I think this is the one resort that you are better off with a lower floor. You can see under the trees and I seen a few people talking directly to the staff on the ground and that would not have possible from the 5th floor.

Again we love our location and look forward to staying there again for a longer stay.
Yes, the advantage of Kidani is the possibility of getting a DVC Villa on the lower floors 2-4, and not just 5. (There is no "ground floor" savannah view. Most guests would not want an in-room Zebra . )

The AK cash rooms at Jambo occupy all of floors 2-4.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
melindaPR
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post

Thanks for your response. We are here now, and low and behold, we were assigned 5303! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: