Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
capshockeygrl
Mouseketeer

I really wish I had the luggage space to dress up fully - after many years of Ren Faires, I have a ton of garb that would work.

Sadly, though, I don't have the luggage space. So instead, I wore my Milwaukee Admirals t-shirt. And since I'm pretty sure most of you don't know anything about the Milwaukee Admirals, this is their logo:

capshockeygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Great thread! I know my DD and DS will be going all out, but I want to join in too and I have no clue where to start! Thanks for the pic, NikkiFB! I'm gonna try to follow suit!

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #18
KappaSigHero
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by capshockeygrl
I really wish I had the luggage space to dress up fully - after many years of Ren Faires, I have a ton of garb that would work.

Sadly, though, I don't have the luggage space. So instead, I wore my Milwaukee Admirals t-shirt. And since I'm pretty sure most of you don't know anything about the Milwaukee Admirals, this is their logo:
This is awesome. Aside from this and the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Bradenton Marauders also have a great logo.
KappaSigHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
Aura of Foreboding
Mouseketeer

We didn't dress up on our last cruise, and there weren't a whole lot of adults dressed up (but I think that was because we were on a short Dream Bahamian cruise).

This trip we will be dressing up - my husband in a vest, pirate shirt, Jack Sparrow hat and tattered pants, and I will be in a corseted pirate dress with blouse underneath. I love to have the opportunity to sew costumes!
DCL - 2012 (4-night Bahamian on the Dream)

In the works:
January 17-20th, 2014 - Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon(solo) ~ * ~ * ~ August 16th, 2014 - Disney Fantasy

Aura of Foreboding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
capshockeygrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaSigHero View Post
This is awesome. Aside from this and the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Bradenton Marauders also have a great logo.
IMHO the Ads have the best logo in all of hockey. They're not my favorite team, but their merch is definitely my fav.
capshockeygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

We went all out on the first cruise but chose Palo and pirate pajamas for the kids on the second.

Wonder Mexican Riviera(2011), Magic Eastern(2012), Wonder Pacific Coast(2014), Wonder Alaska(2014), Wonder Vancouver Repo(2014)
Stinkerbe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #22
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlake View Post
I'm sure the kids do, but wondering how many adults do, too?
I'm thinking of dressing up like a Somali pirate. Do you think that would be ok?

I would wear cut off jeans, a plaid long sleeve shirt, flip flops, a ski mask, or a bandana wrapped around my face.

What do you think?

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #23
davocabo
Earning My Ears

This dad is 46, I can't wait to do it!!! Then again I dress up to go to Jimmy Buffett concerts too!

davocabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #24
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

On our 1st cruise we went all out, even DH who is very reserved. We had a ball. Lots of kids would ask there parents if we were pirates as we passed in the halls, we would turn and give them an Arrr. Very cute pictures with Captain Jack too. We did up good for a girls cruise last spring too. This fall we are doing the Alaskan cruise. I have bought pirate shirts from
6dollarshirts.com that will be fine I think. I just can't see us doing nothing.
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #25
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

I don't plan on dressing up, but I do have pirate costumes for the kiddos. I believe I've seen comments that the dress code on pirate night is more lax on pirate night? I'm just wondering if wearing my denim capris to dinner that night is acceptable, not trying to start another dress code debate
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #26
gatorfreud
DIS Veteran

Of course! We totally dressed up! Except my youngest - he is kind of a party pooper! We were pirates the previous Halloween! I sewed a skirt and vest for me, and a vest for DH, plus some store bought stuff! We have only been on 1 cruise, but our pirate gear will be making it's fourth trip through family and friends this may!

3/07 - All Star Sports
7/07 - Disney's Vero Beach
11/07 - MVMCP, POR and Coronado Springs
1/08 - Disneyland
3/08 - Camping at Fort Wilderness
6/08 - Saratoga Springs and SWW!
10/08- DLR, GCH no kids!
11/08 - DLR, DLH Thanksgiving
4/09- Off site
6/09 - CBR and Poly
9/09- DLR, DLH
gatorfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #27
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

pirate night

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfreud View Post
Of course! We totally dressed up! Except my youngest - he is kind of a party pooper! We were pirates the previous Halloween! I sewed a skirt and vest for me, and a vest for DH, plus some store bought stuff! We have only been on 1 cruise, but our pirate gear will be making it's fourth trip through family and friends this may!

I did dress up for pirate night and i had a blast. I wore a pleasnt blouse flora skirt a bright red lace up vest and red boots. I wore the skirt for about an hour and then i changed into caprie pants. I also did the pirate leauge. I was on the Fantasy i still have the nail polish and lip gloss and the sash and of course the sword. I had the empress package for $35.00. I also got a hat that was seen in the last priate movie
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

We are planning on just all wearing black shirts, jeans, and a red sash that I will make. I am considering an iron on patch, but probably will just stick with the black. I went to Goodwill and didn't see a thing that could be incorporated easily, so just went with that idea. We may accessorize a bit, my sister has a pirate hat, my husband has a fake parrot, maybe get some eye patches etc- my husband wasn't overjoyed at the matchy matchy thing, but agreed since it was simple.

But, I LOVE seeing the people who are going all out! Maybe next time- our Alaska clothes are bulky enough that I am not sure I can fit it in.

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #29
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

Yes. A jacket and tie at Remy.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #30
mommadeb
Mouseketeer

I'm excited to see that at least some adults have gone costumed. I'd hate to be the only one! Is it wrong that I'm planning to dedicate an entire suitcase to our pirate attire?

Disneyland 1985, 1991

mommadeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: