Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
WDWNext
Mouseketeer

CRT - Did I just mess up big time ?

Ok, So I had a 9:30ish breakfast ressie at CRT, but since I wanted to give my daughter the Bibbidi boutique experience I cancelled that and moved it to a dinner ressie.
Here is the big question.....
What fun is it to dress up if you are not going to meet any princesses ?
So DIS Vets please pray tell me if there are no princesses that appear during dinner ? Oh what a bummer !!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner have different menus, but are all character (princess) meals.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
WhateverLolaWants
DIS Veteran

Unless things have changed, you meet Cinderella for a photo prior to dinner. Fairy Godmother and the female mice do a little show during dinner.

Trips

October '87, June '91, Summer '93, Summer '97, December '98, July '99, April '00, December '02, August '03, November '03, January - May '07 (College Program),
January '08 (WDW and Disney Wonder), February '08 (DL/CA), December '08, October '09, February '11, January '12, February '13, October '13,
December '13 and on - Florida Resident Annual Pass
WhateverLolaWants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
Peachkins
DIS Veteran

We met all the princesses (Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Aurora) when we went to CRT for dinner a little over a year ago. Unless you're saying you moved the ADR and the BBB appointment to two different days you should be fine.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

You're fine. Princesses appear for all three meals at CRT. The Fairy Godmother and Mice rotation was replaced a while back and now it's princesses all the time. And if your daughter wants to meet any of them sooner in the day, you can always take her to the Princess Meet and Greet in Town Square Theater with some FPs. Hope she has a blast!

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
WDWNext
Mouseketeer

Phew !!
The BBB is actually just before the CRT Dinner, so we were thinking we hit a home run.

But.... Now take a look at this....
http://allears.net/din/cbchar.htm

Watch for D=Dinner at the CRT..... There is no princesses. So are you guys suggesting that things have changed recently ?
We want to dine in the castle and meet the princesses.
When I go to do reservations, I cannot find breakfast and lunch openings but the dinner openings are available. Thats another reason for me to doubt the princesses showing up, I mean the God Mother and the mice are okay, but we (OK, mostly DD) would love to meet some princesses in the castle.

Please confirm.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

The change is not recent, the Princesses have been appearing for all 3 meals at CRT for several years now We had dinner with the Princesses last year. That list has clearly not been updated for sometime. Just a heads up, Belle no longer appears at CRT. Jasmine is there instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWNext View Post
Phew !!
The BBB is actually just before the CRT Dinner, so we were thinking we hit a home run.

Watch for D=Dinner at the CRT..... There is no princesses. So are you guys suggesting that things have changed recently ?
When I go to do reservations, I cannot find breakfast and lunch openings but the dinner openings are available. Thats another reason for me to doubt the princesses showing up, I mean the God Mother and the mice are okay, but we (OK, mostly DD) would love to meet some princesses in the castle.

Please confirm.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
Unless things have changed, you meet Cinderella for a photo prior to dinner. Fairy Godmother and the female mice do a little show during dinner.
Quote:
Phew !!

Please confirm.
That all changed a couple years ago. Cindy greets in the lobby. 4 princesses make the rounds at breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I promise.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #9
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran

I wonder how Cinderella can be at her castle and 1900 Park Faire for dinner as well. That girl sure gets around!
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR
6/89-FW (trailers back then)
3girls4me05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #10
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls4me05 View Post
I wonder how Cinderella can be at her castle and 1900 Park Faire for dinner as well. That girl sure gets around!
Pixie Dust!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #11
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Phew !!

Please confirm.
I would assume the information on that chart is a little outdated. If you go to the all ears page about character dining it makes no distinction between breakfast lunch and dinner. The princesses will be there at dinner. Although I can be pretty positive that Belle won't be there, as she's pretty busy all day long at Enchanted Tales with Belle.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #12
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls4me05 View Post
Hey, I could do it too if I had my own Fairy Godmother.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #13
Peachkins
DIS Veteran

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...a-royal-table/

This is the link from the official Disney website. I don't see anything to indicate that there will not be princesses at dinner. I've been once in 2011 and saw princesses, and my brother's family has been twice in the last two years and also met princesses. You'll be fine with a dinner reservation.

For what it's worth, I've read a lot of reviews from people who seem to think that the food at breakfast is better than dinner. There are also probably a lot of people who book breakfast just to get into the park early. I thought dinner was good, but just passing on what I've read. This may be part of the reason why dinner reservations are easier to get.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #14
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Hey, I could do it too if I had my own Fairy Godmother.
True..what I wouldn't give for my very own fairy godmother. Sigh...
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR
6/89-FW (trailers back then)
3girls4me05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #15
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachkins View Post

For what it's worth, I've read a lot of reviews from people who seem to think that the food at breakfast is better than dinner. There are also probably a lot of people who book breakfast just to get into the park early. I thought dinner was good, but just passing on what I've read. This may be part of the reason why dinner reservations are easier to get.
Dinner is also more expensive than breakfast. We're adults and we usually do breakfast reservations because we are really only going to eat in the castle and meet the Princesses. If we can then save a few $$, we're fine with that

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: