Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #76
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
I posted that a couple of pages back, as well as a couple of other people, but some posters either aren't reading or don't want facts to get in the way.
i've known the show was staged for a long time. that doesn't mean i don't like to talk about it or comment on it.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #77
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

I think it's obvious that many of these shows are staged. Love it or List it follows the exact same formula in every single show.

But the point remains that we watch the shows. And that the scripts they follow can be incredibly annoying at times.

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #78
DisneyCrazyMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
I remember that one! I think they were in Utah, maybe Salt Lake City, weren't they? She was being really ridiculous. I'll hold her while you smack her if you do the same for me!
YES!!!

And of course I realized this is staged or played up, but why do they make them look so annoying!?!

lots of miles each way to the mouse!

2009 room at CBR, 2010 room at CBR, 2011 Wilderness Lodge and three trips as a kid all offsite.
DisneyCrazyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #79
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

My girlfriend's house was used on HHI. They moved to Costs Rica about 8 years back. He was a developer and she a tennis pro. The started a gated community with tennis courts, etc... They moved out obviously during filming and she said they took out pieces in the home and staged with different pieces. They own a condo there as well so they just stayed at the condo. I don't know what they got in exchange but I'm dying to know
Old 02-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #80
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Every time someone sits in a bathtub or stands under a shower head I want to hit them with my shoe! Unless you are 10 feet tall you should be able to manage. I hate when they do that!
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #81
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
Every time someone sits in a bathtub or stands under a shower head I want to hit them with my shoe! Unless you are 10 feet tall you should be able to manage. I hate when they do that!
Not true at all. In our last house (on Long Island, which was my grandparents home and currently my uncle's home), the bathroom shower head was installed ridiculously low. It sprays at the back of your neck and for my 6' DH his back. It was an older home and presumably built by a very short plumber.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #82
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

If these shows are still on in 10 years, I predict many people walking into houses and being horrified by the stainless steel, granite, vessel sinks, and hardwood floors. "Ewwwww, this house is SO 2013!!!!"

Obviously all of these shows are staged to various degrees. On House Hunters I suspect the producers are now intentionally instructing the buyers to go over the top in their reactions for camp value.

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #83
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
Let's add in all those couples who absolutely cannot abide a bathroom without a double vanity... how on earth will they both get ready for work??

I'll type reallllllyyyyyy slowly in case any of them are reading: You take turns!!! One person gets up a little earlier and gets ready. Then, when the first person is done, there's all that room for the second person.

I love the show; I love looking at all the homes and at what's typical where. But the people on the show are enough to drive you to drink!
Okay, I am one of them. I would not buy a house with less than two sinks in the master. And if there is any way, I want his vanity on the other side of the bathroom. Distance in the bathroom makes for a happy marriage.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #84
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
Okay, I am one of them. I would not buy a house with less than two sinks in the master. And if there is any way, I want his vanity on the other side of the bathroom. Distance in the bathroom makes for a happy marriage.

Maybe in your marriage but not in ours.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #85
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

I've had master baths with both one and two sinks, and I can say we are much happier with two sinks. That's something I will always want.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #86
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Just think of how much further he could get from you in the hall bathroom in the morning. lol No need to wait that way and nobody is on top of the other.

I would never let not having two sinks stop me from buying a home when it is simple and cheap to add a double sink as long as there is enough room. We have one sink in the main bathroom and no master bathroom with three people and it is really not a problem for us. I could have added a double when we updated the sink but didn't even think about it.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #87
Pembo
OH-IO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemk76 View Post

Maybe in your marriage but not in ours.
Same here - we aren't in the bathroom at the same time in the am. According to HH, I'm not sure how we are married with no double sinks, no granite, no stainless appliances, and old carpeting.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #88
denisem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
While I enjoyed having double sinks in one cabinet area, I HATE having two facing areas where we presently live - double the amenties (soap dispensers, toothbrush holders/cups/paste, mouthwash containers, etc. to juggle around when cleaning. Not to mention two huge mirrors...it's like cleaning an extra bathroom.
denisem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #89
akcire
Mouse expert, computer challenged
I am flushing myself to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom

Would you want more than 2? Personally that would really confuse my marriage.
akcire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #90
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisem View Post
While I enjoyed having double sinks in one cabinet area, I HATE having two facing areas where we presently live - double the amenties (soap dispensers, toothbrush holders/cups/paste, mouthwash containers, etc. to juggle around when cleaning. Not to mention two huge mirrors...it's like cleaning an extra bathroom.
He cleans his area and I clean mine. In the house we are building, he has one mirror and I have three. I have more work, but I will not have to see him brush his teeth and considering my gag reflex, that is a good thing.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: