Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #61
Jaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom View Post
I'm going to start a drinking game.

Drink everytime a couple looks at a walk-in closet and the wife says to her husband, "but where are you going to put your clothes?"

Drink every time a couple walks into a kitchen and someone says "I can just picture myself cooking here."

Drink every time a couple says a space would be perfect for entertaining or dinner parties.
Or for the non-drinkers here, we could have a bingo game - with squares like "man cave", "outdated", "small yard", "natural wood floors", "granite", "stainless steel appliances", "curb appeal" and my favorite...."lots of natural light in the bedroom".
Jaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #62
Jaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
You all realize this show is staged? They are told to come up with criticism's for each house. They also decide a spin for each family.
Now that brings up an image, all right. The director standing just off-camera yelling "NO! TIFFANY, YOU'RE NOT WHINY ENOUGH! COMPLAIN ABOUT THE KITCHEN SOME MORE! AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, TOM, THROW IN SOME SNIDE REMARKS ABOUT HOW HER SHOES WILL TAKE UP ONE CLOSET ALONE! AND, DON'T FORGET, SAY HOW YOU REALLY HAVE TO HAVE A ONE-STORY BECAUSE YOUR DECORATOR DOG DOESN'T LIKE STAIRS!"

Good Lord, I love that show!
Jaya is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #63
emer95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Now that brings up an image, all right. The director standing just off-camera yelling "NO! TIFFANY, YOU'RE NOT WHINY ENOUGH! COMPLAIN ABOUT THE KITCHEN SOME MORE! AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, TOM, THROW IN SOME SNIDE REMARKS ABOUT HOW HER SHOES WILL TAKE UP ONE CLOSET ALONE! AND, DON'T FORGET, SAY HOW YOU REALLY HAVE TO HAVE A ONE-STORY BECAUSE YOUR DECORATOR DOG DOESN'T LIKE STAIRS!"

Good Lord, I love that show!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #64
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
You all realize this show is staged? They are told to come up with criticism's for each house. They also decide a spin for each family. These families have already chosen their homes. Those comments are all for show.

I still love the show because I love to see the costs of homes in different parts of the country. I love to see homes in other countries. And I love to see if I get any decorating /remodeling ideas LOL
I posted that a couple of pages back, as well as a couple of other people, but some posters either aren't reading or don't want facts to get in the way.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #65
luvwinnie
And how are YOU feeling?
My happy thought: Sitting on Main Street eating ice cream.
Can't tell the difference between Burger King and Wendys

I think there should be a follow up a year later. I want to see how many are still married. Lol. Saw one where the husband kept referring to needing room for kids and wife would roll her eyes. Finally she said "ugh, you and your kids!" hmmm maybe they didn't discuss this BEFORE getting married?

And did you see the woman who wanted no trees because she hated the sound of birds??
luvwinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #66
diznee25
DIS Veteran

You can play that drinking game not only with House Hunters, but Property Brothers too. I'm watching Property Brothers right now, and in less than 5 minutes I heard, 'natural light', 'pop corn ceiling', and 'open concept'.

You guys have ruined these shows for me!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #67
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

A friend of mine and her husband will be on HHI soon. They've filmed but it hasn't aired yet. They were approved for filming after they found a rental house. I hope she spent a lot of time thinking about how to be critical without being a condescending American!

I like the HGTV shows where they first take the couple to their dream home then tell them it's 5x their budget. The couple always looks shocked!

OT: The folks who agree to film for Love It or List It must not realize that no one has ever ended up with the renovations they've budgeted for in their existing home. Every single episode features some sort of serious home repair that eats up most of the budget!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)

Last edited by ::danielle::; 02-23-2013 at 06:07 PM.
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #68
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
A friend of mine and her husband will be on HHI soon. They've filmed but it hasn't aired yet. They were approved for filming after they found a rental house. I hope she spent a lot of time thinking about how to be critical without being a condescending American!

I like the HGTV shows where they first take the couple to their dream home then tell them it's 5x their budget. The couple always looks shocked!

OT: The folks who agree to film for Love It or List It must not realize that no one had ever ended up with the renovations they've budgeted for in their existing home. Every single episode features some sort of serious home repair that eats up most of the budget!
I love how on Love It or List It, the couple agrees to the renovations, leaves, comes back to check on the progress and are shocked and pissed at seeing the mess. Like, what on earth did they think renovation entailed?
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #69
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

I'm partial to the "I don't want stairs because I have children"...really, you're never going to teach your children to do stairs?
lsyorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #70
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Anyone see the one with the wife from Italy a couple of weeks ago? Yikes...
Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #71
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I will never look at these shows the same way again. It is amazing how everyone these days can afford a $300,000 first house.

It is fun to watch the twins tho....I can't decide if I like clean cut or construction man.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #72
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
You can play that drinking game not only with House Hunters, but Property Brothers too. I'm watching Property Brothers right now, and in less than 5 minutes I heard, 'natural light', 'pop corn ceiling', and 'open concept'.

You guys have ruined these shows for me!
I don't care for Property Brothers or Love It Or List It. Property Brothers reno estimates can't possibly be accurate, since they seem to include designer input and specific furniture selected in the design process. If I could afford a designer for color schemes, tile, carpet and furniture selection, my humble home would be worthy of a Town & Country layout.

Love It Or List It always has a problem where the lady can't stretch the budget to include everything promised. But what she does accomplish is still unbelievable vs. what you or I would get charged for the same work. Her finished work also seems to include custom color schemes, paint, tile, window coverings, carpet selection and some/all furniture.

Here's what us real people get in terms of design help when contracting work on our interiors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZwOGVWqHAw

House Hunters - unbelievable backstories but still a good show.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #73
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvwinnie View Post
I think there should be a follow up a year later. I want to see how many are still married. Lol. Saw one where the husband kept referring to needing room for kids and wife would roll her eyes. Finally she said "ugh, you and your kids!" hmmm maybe they didn't discuss this BEFORE getting married?

And did you see the woman who wanted no trees because she hated the sound of birds??
Oh yes I remember the bird lady!!
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #74
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB
Anyone see the one with the wife from Italy a couple of weeks ago? Yikes...
Is that the one where she freaked out every time she went into a house that didn't have tile floors, and they both wanted to be near an airport so they could hear the jets overhead? She was a real nutter, too, and he just went along with it.

izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #75
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Is that the one where she freaked out every time she went into a house that didn't have tile floors, and they both wanted to be near an airport so they could hear the jets overhead? She was a real nutter, too, and he just went along with it.
Yes, the house had to "speak to her".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: