Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #31
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
My TA has done a great job but she has also given me all the info incase I wanted to change or add anything on my own. It's very easy to book things on your own. I did a few things for my last Nov trip. I go through a TA because they have cheaper travel insurance and it doesn't cost me a dime to use them. She has 2 other ladies working with her and they watch for additional discounts or reduced prices and changes things for me. Gives me a piece of mind.

But I also double check her work, if I was in the OP position I would still keep the TA but relied on myself for the ADRs. After the trip I would let her know that I will not be referring any one else to her and I would be looking for a new TA. We're all human and make mistakes but not owning up to them or trying to make it right. I don't agree with that.

Now if money wasn't an issue for me, I would dump her eat her fees and start all over again. I know canceling with my TA I would pay $300 for my family of 4. Might be worth it.... I don't know, if she hasn't done anything to mess up your trip don't know if it would be.
I've never heard of a cancellation fee for a TA, I would never book with someone that had that fee.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #32
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
I've never heard of a cancellation fee for a TA, I would never book with someone that had that fee.
Since TAs primary form of income is commission, many of them will impose cancellation fees because they get zero commission if you cancel the trip. Plus they have done work in researching and booking your stuff so they should get something. Additionally, airlines don't pay commission so most agents will charge a fee to book flights as well.

I know AAA does not impose cancellation fees, but they make a lot of money in other ways.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #33
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Since TAs primary form of income is commission, many of them will impose cancellation fees because they get zero commission if you cancel the trip. Plus they have done work in researching and booking your stuff so they should get something. Additionally, airlines don't pay commission so most agents will charge a fee to book flights as well.

I know AAA does not impose cancellation fees, but they make a lot of money in other ways.
I wouldn't book with someone that has cancellation fees either. I know my TA's agency doesn't charge a fee. I know a few other Disney TAs that work with different agencies, I am now curious to know if they have a cancellation fee. Going to have to ask next time I see them.

Last edited by taylor3297; 02-24-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Spelling!
taylor3297 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: