Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
kellymarch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaClaus
Just got back. Had lunch there. Had someone wait in line while we did UTS ride. Filled up the 25 minute easily. Kids didn't really enjoy meals (limited choice) but ambience was nice.

Try to go right after the lunch rush (say 12:30). By that time the early line rush has gone through and the line moves quickly!
We were there for lunch today. They were telling people with no dinner reservations to walk up to the castle gate keep at 2:30-2:45 to try for a time (to fill cancellations, etc).
kellymarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #17
SantaClaus
Earning My Ears

Keep checking online too. We managed to get an ADR inside the Castle 2 weeks beforehand!

Disney requires a deposit for its popular meals now (>$200 for CRT), so more ADRs are becoming available online closer to the dates. People don't want to get stuck paying for an ADR they can't use. Also helps that Disney sends a reminder about an upcoming ADR (I think it was about 36 hours before your time).
SantaClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #18
Liv4Dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babooagain View Post
We're staying at AOA in the suites since there are 5 adults going. We'll be there Aug 19-25. How about you?
We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. As I thought from your ADR day of 180, we will be there the same as you guys, August 19-Sept 1. I've read lots of great threads about AOA but haven't been there myself. Looks great. Are you guys driving, flying out of Pearson? We are flying from Buffalo.

2006-Riverside, 2007-Universal, 2008-POP, 2009-Caribbean Beach, 2010-French Quarter, 2011-Riverside, 2012-French Quarter, 2013-French Quarter,
August 2014 French Quarter

Liv4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #19
Inga
DIS Veteran

I dunno...thought the dinner menu looked less appealing than lunch...atmosphere looks amazing!
DLCalifornia 00, 09, 11
DL Hong Kong Feb 07
WDW BCV Sept 13
Aulani April and May 2014!
"DVC is you and me!" -Deevy See

Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaClaus View Post
Keep checking online too. We managed to get an ADR inside the Castle 2 weeks beforehand!

Disney requires a deposit for its popular meals now (>$200 for CRT), so more ADRs are becoming available online closer to the dates. People don't want to get stuck paying for an ADR they can't use. Also helps that Disney sends a reminder about an upcoming ADR (I think it was about 36 hours before your time).
I have secured a number of our upcoming dining reservations with a credit card but have not been charged any $$. I understood the only time my CC would be charged as if I did not show up for a reservation (or cancelled within 24 hours) and then a charge of $10/pp on the reservation would be charged.

Has this changed?

Amazing Trips with DD: Nov 2014 (MVMCP with Nana & Papa), Sep 2014 (10 days with Cousins), Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
Babooagain
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4Dis View Post
We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. As I thought from your ADR day of 180, we will be there the same as you guys, August 19-Sept 1. I've read lots of great threads about AOA but haven't been there myself. Looks great. Are you guys driving, flying out of Pearson? We are flying from Buffalo.
We're really limited in where we can stay without having to get 2 rooms since there are 5 adults, so I was thrilled when Disney opened the family suites. We've always driven staight through in the past but this time we'll be flying. We'll be flying out os the States but not sure if it will be Buffalo, Detroit or Sryacus (DS and DDIL live in Ottawa so Syracus is closer to them) It will depend on where we can get the best price.
Babooagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: