Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
CerysG
Mouseketeer

Bog?

Has anyone eaten at BOG yet? How hard was it to get reservations? I'm almost at my 180 mark and I've goen in everyday for the last week just to check out what the reservaton situation was and I have yet actually seen a spot. I figured it would be busy buy we are going the last week of August and this is the beginning of value season and so far no free dinning! I'm hoping that by Monday when I can make my reservations something will show up. I have two possible days one near the beginning and our last day so fingers crossed. Do have a back up plan just in case but I would be so disapointed if I didn't get to eat here as I love Beauty and the Beast.
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Dimples1973ca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
Has anyone eaten at BOG yet? How hard was it to get reservations? I'm almost at my 180 mark and I've goen in everyday for the last week just to check out what the reservaton situation was and I have yet actually seen a spot. I figured it would be busy buy we are going the last week of August and this is the beginning of value season and so far no free dinning! I'm hoping that by Monday when I can make my reservations something will show up. I have two possible days one near the beginning and our last day so fingers crossed. Do have a back up plan just in case but I would be so disapointed if I didn't get to eat here as I love Beauty and the Beast.
We were at our 180 mark today and BOG was booked for the last ten days of August. I couldn't get anything. I have sent our request to the Concierge Level planners at the Polynesian to keep an eye out for a reservation. I am going to keep trying though. Here's to hoping!

Lori

Dimples1973ca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Yogurt
Earning My Ears

Today was my ADR day, and I wasn't able to get a BOG spot (for three) anywhere in the ADR 180 plus 10 period. I was about 90 minutes late to the 6 a.m. online opening time.

It looks like you really need to aim for your last day, which is hopefully 190 days in the future. Good luck!
Yogurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Last August I made my ADR's at the 180+10 park for this February trip that we are leaving on tomorrow. I checked at about 7:30 a.m. and it was spotty for times. I got a decent dinner time but it seemed there were a lot of either early or late reservations.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
CerysG
Mouseketeer

I think a 7 or 7:30 would work for us if we had to, we'd just eat and then do Wishes which would be fine!
Sounds like lots of us are in the same boat. Is everyone just checking online for tables or are you calling and doing it in person?
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
I think a 7 or 7:30 would work for us if we had to, we'd just eat and then do Wishes which would be fine!
Sounds like lots of us are in the same boat. Is everyone just checking online for tables or are you calling and doing it in person?
I think you'll be o.k. There were still reservations for 6:45 and later. Plus I imagine people are booking hoping for free dining and will cancel if it doesn't come or they change their plans.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
nugov2
DIS Veteran

I booked BOG about 2 weeks past the 180 day mark. It was one I couldn't decide on, but decide to book it. I was able to get two reservations...wasn't 100% on which day we will go b/c we still have to try to get the dessert terrace. I had no issues, but we go in June so maybe not as crowded. I bet one opens up.
nugov2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #8
Liv4Dis
Mouseketeer

BOG just opened up for late August and September

There are a couple of threads about BOG not being available -- people assumed that it was full but we began to realize that the restaurant had not released any tables for late August.

For anyone trying to book BOG for August 24 and later, they just opened everything up. If you try now you should probably be able to get a reservation. It is working both online and by phone. GOOD LUCK!

2006-Riverside, 2007-Universal, 2008-POP, 2009-Caribbean Beach, 2010-French Quarter, 2011-Riverside, 2012-French Quarter, 2013-French Quarter,
August 2014 French Quarter

Liv4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

I really wanted to eat there in Jan. but it was a 45 min wait for lunch
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
Babooagain
Earning My Ears

we were 180 out on Feb. 20. We're using Dreams Unlimited this time and Stacey managed to get us BOG for the evening we wanted, but it is quite late. I was so excited!!! Can't wait to try the grey stuff since we're celebrating our 37 anniversary there.
Babooagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
Liv4Dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babooagain View Post
we were 180 out on Feb. 20. We're using Dreams Unlimited this time and Stacey managed to get us BOG for the evening we wanted, but it is quite late. I was so excited!!! Can't wait to try the grey stuff since we're celebrating our 37 anniversary there.
Awesome that you got the reservation for your Anniversary!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you guys staying. We must be arriving on the same day as we were at 180 on Feb 20 as well.

2006-Riverside, 2007-Universal, 2008-POP, 2009-Caribbean Beach, 2010-French Quarter, 2011-Riverside, 2012-French Quarter, 2013-French Quarter,
August 2014 French Quarter

Liv4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #12
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

I heard dinner is hard to get. Lunch is nuts as well, friends told us that during their recent trip in January people would line up at park opening for lunch!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #13
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

I have heard that reservations are now being accepted for late August. You may want to try now if you've been unsuccessful in booking a dinner reservation recently.

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
Babooagain
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4Dis View Post
Awesome that you got the reservation for your Anniversary!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you guys staying. We must be arriving on the same day as we were at 180 on Feb 20 as well.
We're staying at AOA in the suites since there are 5 adults going. We'll be there Aug 19-25. How about you?
Babooagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #15
SantaClaus
Earning My Ears

Just got back. Had lunch there. Had someone wait in line while we did UTS ride. Filled up the 25 minute easily. Kids didn't really enjoy meals (limited choice) but ambience was nice.

Try to go right after the lunch rush (say 12:30). By that time the early line rush has gone through and the line moves quickly!
SantaClaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: