Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
brisus
Mouseketeer

Spoiled with free dining

We usuallly get free dining on our end of October trip. We are going in May and I feel like I will miss it! Doesnt seem like this will happen. Anyone have any thoughts if my wish would come true?
brisus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
MickeyGs
Mouseketeer

I'm certainly no expert, but I don't think that will happen. The part few years they offered free dining in jan and feb, but didn't this year. I've read on here disney is phasing that out aside from pin codes and primarily doing other discounts. I think fall has the best shot still.
MickeyGs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Free dining is not common in May like it is in the fall. Sorry, but even if the offer pattern didn't seem to be changing, the outlook wasn't good.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

We have free dinning this sept. it was the bounce back offer during last Yeats sept trip.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

The word is on the discount codes and rates board that the free dining will remain intact as far as the mid-August to late September offer, because it does work in Disney's favor. It is considered the height of hurricane season for them.

However, the word now is that the new free dining offer will not be the stay/play/dine plan. This is where adult's pay children's prices for the dining plan; it will be QS plan and only offered at the mods and deluxes. You would have to pay the difference to upgrade to the DDP plan. A few posters on that board have gotten some fairly reliable information that is the trend.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Well, think of it this way. You can get a room discount and not overpay for subpar hotels.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Maybe because our trip is only the two of us (me/DH) and we always stay POFQ free dinng or room discount come out to be with. A few $$ of each other.

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarib View Post
Maybe because our trip is only the two of us (me/DH) and we always stay POFQ free dinng or room discount come out to be with. A few $$ of each other.
Yes, it totally depends on the resort you are staying at and family composition. For our last trip, FD at POR for five us us (4 "adults") was definately a better discount than a room discount for us.

We too were spoiled with FD for our two trips. But, I have to say, last trip I was kind of getting sick of eating so much food and also felt a bit restricted because we had ADRs somewhere that couldn't be cancelled that day because of the pentalty. So as much as I would probably love free dining next trip, I don't think I would be devastated not to have it. I think next trip we will prefer to go with the flo. Maybe free CS would work better for us next trip. We shall see.

Either way, I'm sure you will enjoy your trip OP!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
mickey2000
Pin trader

From Dec 2012 BB 8/18 - 9/26/13
Old 02-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
The word is on the discount codes and rates board that the free dining will remain intact as far as the mid-August to late September offer, because it does work in Disney's favor. It is considered the height of hurricane season for them.

However, the word now is that the new free dining offer will not be the stay/play/dine plan. This is where adult's pay children's prices for the dining plan; it will be QS plan and only offered at the mods and deluxes. You would have to pay the difference to upgrade to the DDP plan. A few posters on that board have gotten some fairly reliable information that is the trend.
This isn't good news for those wanting FD. I can understand the disappointment. However, it's encouraging news for those of us who are getting tired of the never ending cuts & rising prices at the TS restaurants.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: