Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

For us it depends on how close we are to the food court. When we're at POFQ and the food court is a short walk it's totally worth it because mama loves her diet coke. When we were at Saratoga Springs I didn't use it so much. It's too small to fill up and sip on for long.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #17
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboo800 View Post
ive been using the same mug at resorts and nobodys batted an eyelid.im probably up about 8/900 dollars at this stage
As from the Refillable Mug Sticky:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447967

Can I refill them at the parks? Other restaurants? Waterparks? Other Resorts?

No, typically speaking they can be refilled at the resort where you bought them and thatís about it. Waterparks do offer a refillable mug but itís a different mug and it has to be purchased at the waterpark. You cannot refill these at the parks or other restaurants for free. Of course, if you wish to purchase a regular soda, water, whatever at the parks and put it in your refillable mugÖ thatís no probski.

Generally, the resort mugs arenít very convenient for going to other resorts or the parks with. They tend to be a big bulky for touring and also tend to tip over easily even on a food service tray.. if youíre not careful.

That said, I have no clue how Disney would ever know if you took one to a neighboring resort and filled up while there.

But when I bought my mug they told me it was good forever? Was I lied to?

Maybe. Depends on when you bought your mug. General rule of thumb is that if you bought before 2000 or 1999 these may well be the Ďforeverí mugs. Otherwise, yeah, you were lied to. Look on the side of your mug for printing if youíre unsure.

Darg-nab-it, I was told I could bring them back and Iím gonna bring them back.. I didnít see any sign when I bought mine that said I couldnít! I spent thousands of dollars on this trip to Disney, do they really care if I bring the mug back a few times?

Ultimately.. it IS your vacation and you are free to do as you wish.

The policies as Disney has outlined them are above. You may be approached by a cast member if your mug is obviously very old or outdated. Or, in all likelihood, you might not be. Disney has definitely taken a very lazy approach to managing the policies relating to the mugs.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #18
JeannieKY
Tink fan

I use mine at home all year. They are a cute souvenir, hold up in the dishwasher on the top rack, and help me save $ while at Disney.(We stay in the values close to the food court.). Best value at Disney IMO! Get the mug!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Not a huge fan of the mugs but we're not coffee drinkers, have always gone in the winter (when cold beverages aren't as appealing), and have always gone on the DxDP (so don't need to add extra empty soda calories to the already massive overeating).

Under those circumstances about the only thing they're potentially useful for is to fill with ice water for drinking in the parks. But they tend to leak very easily and, as mentioned above, don't hold that much. So they're not even very good for that.

They do make sort of a cute souvenir, I guess.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWorldlyWise View Post
They are high but I think they are still a good deal. You get free refills for life and it is easy to refill them at whatever resort pool you are trying out that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADnNOLA View Post
Not so. The mug is only good for the current visit and only for your current resort.

This is covered in the sticky on this subject.

Although some people may be doing this, in the near future this won't be possible. The mugs are to have and RFID chip in the bottom of them and if it is past your stay dates and resort, the machines will not refill the mugs.
Relax- I'm pretty sure the poster was joking. And I don't know about the RFID chip in the cup thing either- the test run they did at the AS resort was over a year ago and nothing more has been heard about it. People get their knickers in a twist so easily on this subject.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

To us they are worth it. We usually stay 8-9 nights. We fill them in the morning and atleast once in the evening. If we are back at the resort during the day they get filled again. Then they make good souvenirs at home.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #22
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieKY View Post
I use mine at home all year. They are a cute souvenir, hold up in the dishwasher on the top rack, and help me save $ while at Disney.(We stay in the values close to the food court.). Best value at Disney IMO! Get the mug!
So do we !!! Not a resort mug, but did anyone else buy the Haunted Mansion mugs that they were selling ?? (might still be) --- One w/ the Purple lid--

Our fave !!!
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #23
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Relax- I'm pretty sure the poster was joking. And I don't know about the RFID chip in the cup thing either- the test run they did at the AS resort was over a year ago and nothing more has been heard about it. People get their knickers in a twist so easily on this subject.
No knickers in a a twist here.

I'm just reporting what is in the sticky on the subject about reusing the cup. If I made several trips a year, I would also be inclined to do the same.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #24
monorailmom
DIS Veteran

We love the mugs! We do use them every morning for tea, and then every afternoon at the pool for sodas, etc. I use a different one every single day at home, and it makes me smile!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #25
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

Honestly, I've always been too cheap to buy them. But this year, I thought they were cute, and just the mug would probably cost me $10, if they just sold it in the gift shop. DH and DD filled theirs with coffee every morning on the way to the parks. I always carry a backpack, so we just threw them in there. In the parks they came in handy for filling with water, or pouring the rest of a soda from a paper cup into them.

Here at home, it sounds silly, but I smile every time I use one; reminds me of a fun trip.
kirstenb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #26
dalayney
Mouseketeer

Last time we went, we got them and used them quite a bit. Every night after we got back from the parks, hubby would run over and fill ours with hot chocolate. Warmed us up! (as the last time we went, 8 years ago, it was colder at disneyworld, then in Nebraska! end of january) That's crazy!

January 2005 offsite
January 2007 ALL STAR MOVIES
Febuary/March 2013 ALL STAR SPORTS
Planning our first ever "no kids" WDW trip December 2015~
dalayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #27
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I have been buying the mugs since they first came out. Staying at ASMo we aren't that far from the food court so I always felt it was worth it. I liked it when they had the resort specific mugs better than the generic ones. I also use them at home to take my coffee to work every day. We get coffee in the morning and take it to the room then get coffee to take on the bus. Stop and get something to drink on the way back to the room, get drinks for the pool and again before retiring for the night. So I feel that one days worth of drinks pays for the mug.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #28
JeannieKY
Tink fan

I brought my breakfast drink to work in a Disney Christmas mug this morning. It just makes me smile! They hold up for years.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #29
michellelovesthemous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADnNOLA View Post
No longer true. Joffrey's Coffee is now replacing all Nescafe in QS and TS restaurants (in addition to the kiosks already in place in the parks)
Does anybody know when this change will go into effect? We will be at Pop on 8/17 will it have switched by then I hope? I know I am in the minority but that is why I am so thrilled about the dreaded Starbucks arrival at MK/EPCOT too...sorry guys.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #30
ALD85
DIS Veteran

To me they are. Our check in and check out dates will primarily be spent on the resort, plus a drink or 2 with breakfast and most like one after the parks. Plus we spend an entire day in the middle of the week at the resort for a "break" we are there 8 nights 9 days. A soda is an average of what 2ish dollars? After 8 fills its paid for itself, plus it's a souvenir!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: