Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
schmeve
Mouseketeer

Did anyone book the Kid only Pirate cruise?

When I called to book the pirate League for my son the CM mentioned that there were pirate cruises for kids only (4-11) and they went on a treasure hunt and the kids split the booty when they get back and have snacks. It's from 9:30a-11:30a. Has anyone done this? I would like to hear some feedback.
Thanks in advance! some

We were Engaged in front of Cinderella's Castle May 2007

Schmeve
schmeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

My two younger kids (6 & 8) did this last trip and had a good time.

They did the one at POR. We were there for two weeks and took off the middle weekend of the trip from the parks. So it was nice for them to wake up, walk over to the dock, and then we hung out around the resort and DTD for the day.

I thought it was worth the price for the two hours plus they got a bandana, sword, and a few gems and things. However, I don't know that it would have been worth it for us to miss out on half a park day of a shorter trip, especially if the cruise is at another resort.

The year before they, along with my teen DD, did the Pirates League and really enjoyed that as well. They had afternoon appts (around 2), did the little parade and they get to sit up front for the Pirate Tutorial w/ Jack Sparrow. That is something they will likely do again.
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

We signed DS up for the one at POR for our May trip. We are taking a 'break day' from the parks on Sunday and while DH goes off to church my DS is going to do the pirate cruise. Me and my DD (who's too little this time) will spend that time exploring the resort. It sounds like a cute little thing for kids to do. If we weren't already staying at POR I don't know if I would have bothered to sign DS up, but since we'll be there anyways I figured we'll give it a try!

mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

My kids have both done them starting at age 4. It's great fun for them and the lifeguard-certified CM's take very good care of them.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
schmeve
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. Now I'm kicking myself for switching from CB to AoA. Think it's worth doing even if I'm not staying on one of the resorts that does it?

Schmeve
Old 02-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
roliepolieoliefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeve
Thanks for the info. Now I'm kicking myself for switching from CB to AoA. Think it's worth doing even if I'm not staying on one of the resorts that does it?
My son has done the ones out of the GF and YC.
He loved them both but especially loved the Albatross cruise from the YC.

The cruise takes the kids to the World Showcase to hunt for the treasure. The cruise is in the morning and the WS doesn't open until 11. DS said its very cool to be there when its closed and no one else is around.

He is 14 now and still has the mickey pirate hats he received from the different cruises he's been on.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

My kids did the one at the GF a few years ago, and they loved it! We did it right before we left to drive home, and they were still talking about it the next day...definitely their favorite thing that trip.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Honeymooner04
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

My daughter did one at the GF at age 5 and she loved it. Highly recommend!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
nugov2
DIS Veteran

We have it booked. We aren't going to the park our first day and I wanted to do something low key and fun. Our plan is that in the morning, hang by the pool and to head over to the campgrounds that night for the chip and dale campfire.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

We are thinking of staying at POR next may, we normally take my mum with us but this next trip we should be on a posting in another country away from her,
so were just booking for DH myself and the 3 boys who will be 8,8,11 at time of trip!" Argh" 3 wks with no real break haha.....soooo

We have been trying to think of ways to spend time alone together without having them in the babysitting type clubs ( they will not like that 1 bit being big boys ) lol and so they love pirates and this sounds like the perfect way for DH and I to get a few hours alone time while they have a blast

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #11
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
We are thinking of staying at POR next may, we normally take my mum with us but this next trip we should be on a posting in another country away from her,
so were just booking for DH myself and the 3 boys who will be 8,8,11 at time of trip!" Argh" 3 wks with no real break haha.....soooo

We have been trying to think of ways to spend time alone together without having them in the babysitting type clubs ( they will not like that 1 bit being big boys ) lol and so they love pirates and this sounds like the perfect way for DH and I to get a few hours alone time while they have a blast
Does anyone know where and HOW TO Sign up? thanks
kiki02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki02 View Post
Does anyone know where and HOW TO Sign up? thanks

I just made the reservation while making my ADR's
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
schmeve
Mouseketeer

You have to call them to set it up.

Schmeve
Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

I let my DD do the Albatross cruise at the Beach Club, and she absolutely loved it! DS was also signed up, but didn't want to go the morning of, and they didn't charge me, which I appreciated. So instead, I took him and my younger DD to the character breakfast there.

We were staying at ASMovies, but had our own car to drive over the the Beach Club.

This was 5 years ago, and DD still talks about when she got to sneak into Epcot!! I think we are going to send all of the kids this summer.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #15
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

You don't have to be staying at the resort to do this cruise. We did the one from the GF which sailed round the Seven Seas Lagoon and we were staying offsite. Its open to everyone. She loved it!
ScotsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: