Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #631
Dee77
DIS Veteran

I have a few questions:

How many days was it before Travis' body was found?

How many roommates did he have?

Who was he supposed to go to Cancun with?

He was leaving the next morning to go to Cancun right? How did they not set off alerts when he didn't show up?

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Old 02-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #632
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
I have a few questions:

He was leaving the next morning to go to Cancun right? How did they not set off alerts when he didn't show up?
It was 5 days I think

2 roommates

Another girl and some friends

I don't know if that was ever addressed
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #633
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
I have a few questions:

It's all in Detective Flores Investigation

Old 02-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #634
kidshop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a few questions:

He was supposed to go to cancun the day after his body was found. June 10? His roommates thought he had already left, they didn't know each other's exact schedule and Travis was often gone. Jodi had locked his bedroom door. Mimi is who he was to go to cancun with; when she couldn't get ahold of him she went over there, and they found him.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #635
mattzane227
Earning My Ears

Despite all this finger stuff and diary stuff, is anyone in the jury going to be stupid enough to believe that she didn't steal the .25 from her grandparents house and bring it with her? I couldn't believe when she didn't just say she stole it b/c she was thinking about killing herself or scared that Travis was going to kill her so she wanted protection. It was just a GIGANTIC coincidence that it was the same caliber of gun that Travis had in his house, which he had no ammunition for? He just kept a loaded loose gun with no other ammo anywhere the caliber of the one stolen? And maybe I'm stupid but I been around guns a good amount, I live out in the country, I'm not an aficionado, but I seriously hadn't heard of a .25 caliber. Are they that common? We have .22's but I hadn't heard of a .25. It it was a .22 or 9mm I could possibly see the coincidence, but is that type of gun even that common? I just don't see how 1 jury member could possibly think she is telling anything resembling the truth.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #636
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzane227 View Post
Despite all this finger stuff and diary stuff, is anyone in the jury going to be stupid enough to believe that she didn't steal the .25 from her grandparents house and bring it with her? It was just a GIGANTIC coincidence that it was the same caliber of gun that Travis had in his house, which he had no ammunition for? He just kept a loaded loose gun with no other ammo anywhere the caliber of the one stolen? And maybe I'm stupid but I been around guns a good amount, I live out in the country, I'm not an aficionado, but I seriously hadn't heard of a .25 caliber. Are they that common? We have .22's but I hadn't heard of a .25. It it was a .22 or 9mm I could possibly see the coincidence, but is that type of gun even that common? I just don't see how 1 jury member could possibly think she is telling anything resembling the truth.
Are you familiar with the Casey Anthony case? Anything is possible.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #637
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidshop View Post
He was supposed to go to cancun the day after his body was found. June 10? His roommates thought he had already left, they didn't know each other's exact schedule and Travis was often gone. Jodi had locked his bedroom door. Mimi is who he was to go to cancun with; when she couldn't get ahold of him she went over there, and they found him.
Thanks! I was totally off with the timeline I was thinking of.

I don't know how to multi-quote so thanks everyone for your replies.

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #638
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Thanks! I was totally off with the timeline I was thinking of.

I don't know how to multi-quote so thanks everyone for your replies.
I was too lazy to go look up how many roommates he had or what day they were leaving for Cancun.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #639
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Being completely honest- I think I am so focused on this trial in hopes that the jury can "do the right thing" where the Florida jury was so wrong last summer with Casey Anthony. You all will not want to see what I type here if this one comes back not guilty or guilty of a lesser charge than Murder 1.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #640
mattzane227
Earning My Ears

nevermind, i did some googling.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #641
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I do believe that Jodi purchased a 9 mm. Same as the 25 caliber. I don't know much about guns. How ironic all 3 guns were the same.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #642
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

What was his dog doing all those days before Travis was found? Was anyone feeding him? And didn't I read that the bedroom door was locked when the roommates tried to get in? I hope they bring that up.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #643
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2
What was his dog doing all those days before Travis was found? Was anyone feeding him? And didn't I read that the bedroom door was locked when the roommates tried to get in? I hope they bring that up.
His roommate's girlfriend was feeding him. Travis arranged for her to feed him while he was out of town. They thought he was already gone so she was feeding him. His bedroom door was locked and the gate was put up so the dog couldn't get up the stairs. And IIRC, the air conditioner had been turned down. Not sure about that last detail.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #644
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

She can't remember allot of the murder, and yet this roommate is due home at 6:30 and locks the bedroom door?
Old 02-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #645
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Chiming in for a few. Missed the end of the questioning yesterday, heard nothing at all of the magazine deal. But here's my questions for the day.

Casey Anthony wasn't convicted because the lack of concrete evidence (or so one jury member stated), it was all circumstantial. Has Flores already been on the stand? What evidence do they have other than Jodi's partial palm print, her blood and her confession? I know those all seem like really great things, but perhaps some jury members want to see more.

Somebody stated earlier that depending on the angle of the bullet wound, it's possible that Jodi wanted to shoot him while he was in the shower to wash away evidence and he didn't die right away. Part of me wants to think that the stabbings weren't intentional, but if he didn't die, it would have been so much easier to point and shoot him until he stopped moving (also easier to use as an excuse of self defense), so based on that theory alone, I just don't think he was shot first. The gun would still be in her hand. Instead, she must have given some really quick stabs to the back, he spun around and started trying to wrestle the knife out of her hand (most likely when she was thrown down on the tile), he got defensive wounds, she got more stabs in...he stumbled out towards the door and she followed saying "Oh no Mr. Alexander!", slashed his throat at the beginning of the hallway, dragged him back to the shower where he was still barely alive and gave the final shot. (sorry for the run on sentence). During this time, I'm also inclined to believe that she had never dropped the camera and it was probably around her neck and bumped up against her to take random shots and when she bent over to drag his body, it was bumped again to take the shot of her leg.

I really hope that she cracks and just lays it all on the line, or maybe writes a tell all journal that will someday be made public. Wishful thinking, I know.

Where in the trial are we now? Where did JM leave off or where will he pick up on Monday?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: