Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #616
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
I'll have to go read on the Chronis hearing. Not familiar with it.
It's the basis for the request of the stay, referenced here APPLICATION FOR INTERLOCUTORY STAY OF AGGRAVATION TRIAL

The Defense alleges Arias was charged with the aggravating factor warranting the death penalty based on Det Flores testimony Travis was shot first, but the ME testified in the court trial he did not tell Flores that nor was it his findings. In essence, Arias was charged with perjured/false information.

Course, all of these technicalities doesn't hinder the public from believing/thinking this crime was heinous anyway.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #617
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
It's the basis for the request of the stay, referenced here APPLICATION FOR INTERLOCUTORY STAY OF AGGRAVATION TRIAL

The Defense alleges Arias was charged with the aggravating factor warranting the death penalty based on Det Flores testimony Travis was shot first, but the ME testified in the court trial he did not tell Flores that nor was it his findings. In essence, Arias was charged with perjured/false information.

Course, all of these technicalities doesn't hinder the public from believing/thinking this crime was heinous anyway.
So stabbing him 29 times and slicing his throat wasn't aggravating? Yeah, ok.

Thanks Remus for the explanation.
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #618
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Based on Det Flores testimony in the Chronis hearing versus the ME's trial testimony which contradict each other, strange due process, wouldn't you say?
Well, lets see Jodi said she shot first, and that he got up and kept coming at her. Cruel I would say. Is this a hearing yet to come?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #619
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:

Jodi said she shot him first, so that compares with what Det Flores says? Then the stabbing and then his throat. I would say all of it is cruel and aggravating.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #620
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:

Totally.

I don't think the detective perjured himself, his testimony just didn't jive with the ME's evidence. That kinda crap can blow a case to hell.

I personally think she shot him first, he ran, she chased him repeatedly stabbing him and when he went down she cut his throat. Still heinous.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #621
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Totally.

I don't think the detective perjured himself, his testimony just didn't jive with the ME's evidence. That kinda crap can blow a case to hell.

I personally think she shot him first, he ran, she chased him repeatedly stabbing him and when he went down she cut his throat. Still heinous.
How do you explain that the bullet casing was found sitting on top of coagulated blood though, without a trace of blood on the casing itself, if he was shot first?

I've always thought she started out stabbing him - he was weakened, but it didn't kill him - so she shot him, and then when he got weak enough, she drug him to the shower to cut his throat and finish him off.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #622
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Well, lets see Jodi said she shot first, and that he got up and kept coming at her. Cruel I would say. Is this a hearing yet to come?
Yeah, it was in a motion for the above mentioned stay. It's the same o same o, the defense can request this time and time again AND even after she's found guilty (if she gets the death penalty). Hell, she could get a whole new trial if they find a court that agrees with the defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Jodi said she shot him first, so that compares with what Det Flores says? Then the stabbing and then his throat. I would say all of it is cruel and aggravating.
And that is contrary to the evidence as testified to by the ME and Flores when he explained he was mistaken.

Let's put it this way: Is the evidence wrong? If it is, then how much more of the evidence is wrong? Do you really want to go down that road?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #623
kidshop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Totally.

I also think she shot him first or maybe second. with the stab to the heart being the other. He was supposed to die in the shower. He got out and went to the sink, she stabs him in the back. He crawls around. She stabs him. She stabs him 26 more times and to be sure he's dead, she slits his throat. Then she drags him back to the shower, where he was supposed to be according to her plan.

It's aggravating either way, and deserves the death penalty either way.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #624
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Was the shot fired in an up or down angle? I wonder if she stabbed first, he ran to get away because only one or two stab wounds would have been fatal based on police report, she shot him to stop him as he was begging for his life, that still didn't work so she slit his throat. If the shot was fired from a standing position, this could of happened.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #625
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
How do you explain that the bullet casing was found sitting on top of coagulated blood though, without a trace of blood on the casing itself, if he was shot first?

I've always thought she started out stabbing him - he was weakened, but it didn't kill him - so she shot him, and then when he got weak enough, she drug him to the shower to cut his throat and finish him off.
Didn't the roommate enter the bathroom to see Travis in the shower? Did he kick the casing? Did she (Jodi) kick the casing when she was moving around?

Why bring the gun then if she thought she was gonna kill him by stabbing him? I think she thought she could shoot him and he'd drop dead, but when he didn't she went to stabbing him, then cut his throat to make sure he's dead. And she cut his throat where the most amount of blood was on that floor.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #626
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

After reading Chronis, she got up and testified , does that make a difference? She is indicating what came first, regardless of what the ME says. He wrote the report. Flores indicated the other way. And Jodi is stating what came first. And if they look at his hands they indicate how much fight he put up with. Either way it is bogus. Just another move to stop her death.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #627
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Was the shot fired in an up or down angle? I wonder if she stabbed first, he ran to get away because only one or two stab wounds would have been fatal based on police report, she shot him to stop him as he was begging for his life, that still didn't work so she slit his throat. If the shot was fired from a standing position, this could of happened.
They determined he was not shot at close range. As if the gun was pointed right at him it would have left a burn mark. The powder would of been most likely it got washed away when she washed him off.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #628
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Just watching a repeat of yesterday!

I love when JM said to her "when you made your trip down from Yreka to KILL Mr. Alexander, you stopped in the Monterey area" etc etc

JA was soooooooooo pissed with the way JM worded his question. She had such a disgusted expression towards JM.

KAR

Old 02-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #629
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose

They determined he was not shot at close range. As if the gun was pointed right at him it would have left a burn mark. The powder would of been most likely it got washed away when she washed him off.
What angle was the shot fired in? IIRC, she testified she was pointing the gun at him when he was coming at her. If it was a downward angle, that would mean he was below her, right. So if he was below her, I would think he would have already been stabbed and on the floor.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #630
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I was listening to Dr. Drew I think it's called, and he has a few people from the audience give their view on things. Both ladies said the jury looked at her after her comment to Jaun and one was shaking their head at Jodi. And then they laughed at Jaun when he whispered to her. And then as she was getting off the stand the one lady said Jodi was really nervous and rubbing her neck.

This defense team knows they have messed up royally. And they can not change her demeanor now.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: