DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
idutazut
Earning My Ears

Which Resort in WDW Should We Choose?

My wife and I honeymooned in WDW 14 years ago and I would like to take her back for our anniversary. A couple of years ago we became DVC members but have only used our points to stay at GCH- which we absolutely love!

Where would you recommend we stay when visiting WDW? When I look at all of the resorts, there is just so much to choose from I don't know where to start. Overall, we just want something that is clean, convenient, and has that special touch of Disney magic (which I assume all do) but I'm looking for some expert opinions.

Please advise. Thank you in advance!
idutazut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

For a couples trip I would recommend Boardwalk Villas. Lots of restaraunts available, can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, can do mini golf across from Swan Dolphin. Try to get a water view room, the view is spectacular!

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

VWL has a similar feel to GCH, so you might want to avoid that one.

BLT has a clean modern look to it, and it's convenient to the MK.

AKV are also newer but you're not in the middle of things. It is a lovely place if you like the African theming and good restaurants.

BCV has the great pool and both BCV and BWV are next to Epcot.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
amym2
DIS Veteran

Do you think you'll spend more time at EP than MK, given that you've been to DLR more often than WDW? If so, I'd definitely pick something in the EP area. I haven't stayed there, but I'd probably choose BCV. You could have a fun character breakfast at Cape May.

Otherwise I'd probably choose AKV. It's such a beautiful resort and you could have breakfast or dinner (or both!) at Boma.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
For a couples trip I would recommend Boardwalk Villas. Lots of restaraunts available, can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, can do mini golf across from Swan Dolphin. Try to get a water view room, the view is spectacular!
Agree It's a wonderful resort!

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

If my DH was planning an Anniversary trip for he and I, I'd hope he'd book us at BLT. I love the feel of the CR/BLT resorts and I love the monorail. We can spend a lot of time at MK and Epcot. And we have yet to try BLT as we just can't bring ourselves to use so many points. But for a special trip, I'd love for DH to 'spring' for BLT.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny View Post
VWL has a similar feel to GCH, so you might want to avoid that one.

BLT has a clean modern look to it, and it's convenient to the MK.

AKV are also newer but you're not in the middle of things. It is a lovely place if you like the African theming and good restaurants.

BCV has the great pool and both BCV and BWV are next to Epcot.
FYI, I've heard that WL, AK Jambo, and the Grand Califorian were all designed by the same architect...and they all appear to have equally impressive lobby's.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I also suggest the Boardwalk/Beach Club area. Because you are adults traveling without children, I'd definitely lean towards the Boardwalk and request a Boardwalk view for a little bit of that "magic" you're looking for. Be sure to indulge your lucky wife with Spa services next door at the Swan (or the Dolphin). By the way, if you have the extra points, spoil yourself with a 1 bedroom villa. Enjoy-Enjoy! Happy Anniversary.
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
etemplet
Mouseketeer

We own at BLT and if you can swing the points book a few nights at a ONE BEDROOM Theme Park View. The Bathroom tub is large and the bath opens up into the masterbedroom. You can open the curtains and watch "wishes" (fireworks over the Castle in the Magic Kingdom) from the bathroom or bedroom. :D Or.... you can just look out of the large window or enjoy it from the balcony. My wife and I love the BLT. So convenient and very little walking around.

Of course, you can get a studio with the same view for 19 points or so depending on the time of year. We also own at BoardWalk but we have not stayed there yet. We are doing the Food and Wine Festival this year, that is why we bought there.

Good Luck !!

1972 HS Band, Contemporary 1982 ($74 per night) with the Family, POR 2010 & 2011 with the family, now We own so we go a LOT !!

etemplet is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: