Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #31
mfgs7
Earning My Ears

Called today to cancel one res, change driver on another and add insider number to a third reservation. The only issue was the wait on hold and it was short compared to some companies. The CSR I had was great to deal with.

On another note, our rates for 04/06 to 04/14 really dropped!!!
mfgs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #32
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
I had to send an email to cancel 2 reservations. Finally 4 days later I got an email telling me they took care of it and a comment to me telling me that in the Future I COULD do this myself online. I so wanted to write back and say, if you read my email you would see that it WOULDn't let me do it on line. I can't even get in to reprint. I seldom even print them until I get ready to leave because they change and it's a waste to print. I do wonder now with the cancel/modify/print function not working, how many "no shows" are they getting where folks can't do it online and just give up. I now have to go to my email and find my reservation to print since I can't pull it up to print. Please I hope National does not switch to this system....ugh.
I called to cancel mine, since it wouldn't let me do it online. I got a rude CM also. She huffed, said I really didn't need to call and that I could just do it online. When I told her I had tried multiple times on multiple days, but kept getting the same message that this reservation could not be modified online and to modify or cancel call this number, she finally canceled them for me, but still huffed and said I must be doing something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidysdad View Post
The new site wont let me view, modify or cancel. I am using the insiders code and valid BJs coupon. I get an error message saying I must call. Its not what I prefer to do, but oh well. I have a great rate and really dont think it will go lower, but I will keep checking
I'm using the insiders code, a Costco code, and coupon AD2338FDF. The Almo site won't let me look at it and wouldn't let me look at or cancel the others I had. When I tried to print it from my email account, all of it doesn't print. It leaves off the fees, the total price quoted, and everything below that. It all shows up in my email, it just won't all print. I get the first page, then two blank pages. I'm just hoping it's OK. I'm really hating their new site and am also looking elsewhere for better prices.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #33
disneyboy123
Mouseketeer

^
How do you use the insider code, coupon code, and, corporate code all at once? Is there a specific insider code or is it just signing into your insider account and booking? I thought insider discount can't be combined with other discounts
disneyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #34
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyboy123 View Post
^
How do you use the insider code, coupon code, and, corporate code all at once? Is there a specific insider code or is it just signing into your insider account and booking? I thought insider discount can't be combined with other discounts
My understanding is that you can't stack all of them. You can sign in as an insider, that gives you the Insider contract ID (corporate code), which I believe is worth 10% or so. If you use a different contract ID (Costco, Entertainment, airline, etc.), you'd get that discount rather than the insider discount, and it would likely be better. You can do this while still signed in as an "insider", but really all that is doing is shortening the process for your demographic info (name, drivers license, etc.). As with other contract ID's, I would think you could stack a coupon on an insiders discount.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #35
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidysdad View Post
The new site wont let me view, modify or cancel. I am using the insiders code and valid BJs coupon. I get an error message saying I must call. Its not what I prefer to do, but oh well. I have a great rate and really dont think it will go lower, but I will keep checking
I am sorry to hear that. I am glad, however, that you have a great rate. I am surprised you cannot view your reservation. I don't like the new site at all, but, after some head banging time, I managed to get around it and it works for me.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #36
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
My understanding is that you can't stack all of them. You can sign in as an insider, that gives you the Insider contract ID (corporate code), which I believe is worth 10% or so. If you use a different contract ID (Costco, Entertainment, airline, etc.), you'd get that discount rather than the insider discount, and it would likely be better. You can do this while still signed in as an "insider", but really all that is doing is shortening the process for your demographic info (name, drivers license, etc.). As with other contract ID's, I would think you could stack a coupon on an insiders discount.
Rich, when you sign in as an Insider, you automatically get a discount. You can then add: a coupon code, a corp. code and a product code.
To modify while checking rates: when you get to the vehicle selection page, click on the edit part under dates and it will take you back to where you can enter different coupons, corp. or product codes.
I spent a lot of time yesterday doing this both with a new ressie and trying to modify an existing one and it worked!!! This is not a user friendly site at all, but stuff can be done.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #37
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Rich, when you sign in as an Insider, you automatically get a discount. You can then add: a coupon code, a corp. code and a product code.
To modify while checking rates: when you get to the vehicle selection page, click on the edit part under dates and it will take you back to where you can enter different coupons, corp. or product codes.
I spent a lot of time yesterday doing this both with a new ressie and trying to modify an existing one and it worked!!! This is not a user friendly site at all, but stuff can be done.
That's news to me! When i tried it, it didn't seem to work, so I scrapped looking at the Insider rates since I had a much bigger discount with Costco. Of course, its entirely possible the website worked differently even a few weeks ago.

Kinda wish they'd go back to the older website (like National still has) or have a "wizard" mode (that would be similar to what they have now) if you need help ('course Avis might not like that)
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #38
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
That's news to me! When i tried it, it didn't seem to work, so I scrapped looking at the Insider rates since I had a much bigger discount with Costco. Of course, its entirely possible the website worked differently even a few weeks ago.

Kinda wish they'd go back to the older website (like National still has) or have a "wizard" mode (that would be similar to what they have now) if you need help ('course Avis might not like that)
I wish they would go back to the one that worked easily for everyone.
When I logged into Insiders, they gave me the option of adding a code, a coupon and a product code. I did enter a contract code and it came back saying the discount had been applied and I got a great rate to boot.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #39
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Nice to see you again, gmeh1. Are you back at MCO?

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #40
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Nice to see you again, gmeh1. Are you back at MCO?
Thank you, Dan. No, I am not back at MCO, but, I am trying. Believe it or not, I miss the place even the customers with the entitlement attitude.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #41
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

This issue has been driving me crazy for the last week or so. I tried a few things and none worked. I sent an email inquiring and it's been almost 5 business days and I have not received a reply. So I went ahead cancelled the reservation.

Then...I figured out the problem. I was booking through my Alamo Insider account. As many have mentioned, it did look like it had something to do with the coupons, but I have some reservations with the same discount id and coupon and I'm able to access those. For some reason, there was an issue with this one particular reservation...perhaps a glitch....

So, I tried booking a new one without logging into the Alamo account...and voila...no problem accessing it online to modify or check in. That was my issue. Even if they could modify it for me, I would want to be able to check in online without an issue.

So, for those who are having issues...still not sure what the issue is...try booking without logging in...it worked for me.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #42
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcdisney View Post
This issue has been driving me crazy for the last week or so. I tried a few things and none worked. I sent an email inquiring and it's been almost 5 business days and I have not received a reply. So I went ahead cancelled the reservation.

Then...I figured out the problem. I was booking through my Alamo Insider account. As many have mentioned, it did look like it had something to do with the coupons, but I have some reservations with the same discount id and coupon and I'm able to access those. For some reason, there was an issue with this one particular reservation...perhaps a glitch....

So, I tried booking a new one without logging into the Alamo account...and voila...no problem accessing it online to modify or check in. That was my issue. Even if they could modify it for me, I would want to be able to check in online without an issue.

So, for those who are having issues...still not sure what the issue is...try booking without logging in...it worked for me.
If you book without logging into Alamo Insiders, then you lose the Alamo Insiders discount though.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #43
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
If you book without logging into Alamo Insiders, then you lose the Alamo Insiders discount though.
That's true. But perhaps you can find another discount. I have never used their discount since it's not as good as other discounts. For instance, Costco is far better, as well as WestJet, Continental Onepass (not sure if they still work), MasterCard, Hawaiian Airlines Reward points...even the Disney World Annual Pass code is just as good or better. At least for me, I've never used Alamo Insiders.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: