Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
I honestly detest their new website.
Agreed.

I've also found that you can't modify reservations if you find a better rate. It used to be you could wipe out the product code (not the contract or coupon) and you could take better rates over and over. Now I've found when there's a rate drop, I have to create a new reservation and then go back and cancel the old one.

Maybe the new website is prettier, but I found the old one a lot more functional.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #17
JERSEYGIRLINSI
JERSEYGIRL LIVING IN NEW YORK AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
Agreed.

I've also found that you can't modify reservations if you find a better rate. It used to be you could wipe out the product code (not the contract or coupon) and you could take better rates over and over. Now I've found when there's a rate drop, I have to create a new reservation and then go back and cancel the old one.

Maybe the new website is prettier, but I found the old one a lot more functional.
My thoughts exactly! The National format is the old Alamo format, and I need that back ASAP.
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #18
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEYGIRLINSI View Post
My thoughts exactly! The National format is the old Alamo format, and I need that back ASAP.
I noticed that too. Unfortunately, my guess is they'll make the National site look more like Alamo's than the reverse.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #19
K9pal
Just call me Miss Patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
I honestly detest their new website.
Me too! They are losing business over this, I'm sure. Very hard to check different codes - I've found that often once I enter a code, it won't let me go back and change it. Very frustrating.

BLT 5/14 w/grandkids!
SSR 12/13
BLT 5/13
BLT 6/12 w/grandkids!
BLT 5/11
BLT 5/10
SSR & BCV 9-10/09
SSR 12/08
BCV & SSR 9/08
SSR 12/07
VWL 6/07 w/ grandkids!
SSR 9/06
SSR & BCV 10/05
SSR & BWV 9/04
BC 9/03
Swan 9/01
DxL 12/00
WL 9/99
CBR 9/93

offsite 1986
offsite 1985 (some flea bag hotel)
K9pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

Just had same problem. Ended up calling, but CSR unable to modify, refused is more like it. He was able to cancel -- so I canceled and did whole new reservation.

Unpleasant at best. I have been a loyal Alamo user for a long time Have had great service, fair prices and easy to use website.

But if they do not get the bugs worked out -- it will make me start trying other companies.

(Side note: Saved $200 for mid-March.)

Last edited by HelenParr; 02-26-2013 at 04:22 PM.
HelenParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #21
Police
Earning My Ears

Followup Alamo website

Anyone know if the Alamo website is working OK now?
Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Police View Post
Anyone know if the Alamo website is working OK now?
It's not that it isn't working properly, it's the new format that is the issue. It's confusing and not user-friendly, but it does work.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #23
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

I had to call to cancel
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #24
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

I had to send an email to cancel 2 reservations. Finally 4 days later I got an email telling me they took care of it and a comment to me telling me that in the Future I COULD do this myself online. I so wanted to write back and say, if you read my email you would see that it WOULDn't let me do it on line. I can't even get in to reprint. I seldom even print them until I get ready to leave because they change and it's a waste to print. I do wonder now with the cancel/modify/print function not working, how many "no shows" are they getting where folks can't do it online and just give up. I now have to go to my email and find my reservation to print since I can't pull it up to print. Please I hope National does not switch to this system....ugh.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #25
disneyboy123
Mouseketeer

I get trouble accessing my reservation also. With the inconvenience of not being able to cancel online, is it necessary to cancel if a lower rate is found for alamo? I know its just common courtesy, but what if I just leave the old reservation and make a new one?
disneyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #26
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyboy123 View Post
I get trouble accessing my reservation also. With the inconvenience of not being able to cancel online, is it necessary to cancel if a lower rate is found for alamo? I know its just common courtesy, but what if I just leave the old reservation and make a new one?
You probably don't have to, but as a courtesy, I would. Leaving reservations in the system that aren't going to use incorrectly increases demand, which can lead to higher quotes for those trying to make reservations. If you left one ressie in there that isn't going to be used, it likely won't matter, but if everyone started doing it...
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #27
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
You probably don't have to, but as a courtesy, I would. Leaving reservations in the system that aren't going to use incorrectly increases demand, which can lead to higher quotes for those trying to make reservations. If you left one ressie in there that isn't going to be used, it likely won't matter, but if everyone started doing it...
Unfortunately, wayyyyyyyyyy too many people do this.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #28
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
Just had same problem. Ended up calling, but CSR unable to modify, refused is more like it. He was able to cancel -- so I canceled and did whole new reservation.

Unpleasant at best. I have been a loyal Alamo user for a long time Have had great service, fair prices and easy to use website.

But if they do not get the bugs worked out -- it will make me start trying other companies.

(Side note: Saved $200 for mid-March.)
CSRs cannot always modify reservations. So, to say he/she refused is pretty unfair. They will do what they can, always.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #29
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

I am not having any problems adding or subtracting codes or coupons on the site. I just go to the modify screen and click on the dates and times and bam, you can add coupons or codes to your heart's content. It does change the rates too.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #30
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1
I am not having any problems adding or subtracting codes or coupons on the site. I just go to the modify screen and click on the dates and times and bam, you can add coupons or codes to your heart's content. It does change the rates too.
The new site wont let me view, modify or cancel. I am using the insiders code and valid BJs coupon. I get an error message saying I must call. Its not what I prefer to do, but oh well. I have a great rate and really dont think it will go lower, but I will keep checking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: