Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran

Alamo - Online Modify/Cancel Checkin Not Working

I'm not able to modify/cancel my reservation online. I've tried using the link in the email to modiy the reservation and I get invalid value. I've tried using the links on the Alamo website and get the same invalid value error.

Is anyone else having issues with accessing their Alamo reservation online?

I need to cancel a few reservations and do online checkin on the one we'll be keeping!

September 3rd - 13th, 2009 ~ Pop Century / August 18th - September 1st, 2010 ~ Pop Century / August 9th - 23rd, 2011 ~ Pop Century / April 17th - April 25th, 2012 ~ All Star Sports /
March 1st - March 9th, 2013 ~ Disney Magic / November 14 - 21st, 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
disneyfankev
Earning My Ears

i tried also but could not get it to work. i call alamo and they told me since i'm using a coupon code {visa} i could not do online check in.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
JERSEYGIRLINSI
JERSEYGIRL LIVING IN NEW YORK AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

Yes

Same thing was happening to me! I had to call to cancel a couple of reservations that we had made while waiting for price drops. The rep that I had, told me I must being typing something wrong. I went straight from the email link, not having to type in any info, same issue. So the best I can say is call.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfankev View Post
i tried also but could not get it to work. i call alamo and they told me since i'm using a coupon code {visa} i could not do online check in.
I used a Visa coupon as well and decided to book another reservation without the Visa coupon. I am still having the same issue can't do online checkin and can't access the reservation via the email link or the web page links.

I ended up giving them a call before you had replied and the person that I got cancelled what I needed cancelled but insisted that I could cancel them online and that there was nothing wrong with the website.

I'll have to call back to see if they can do online checkin for me and to cancel the new reservation I made with out the Visa code!

September 3rd - 13th, 2009 ~ Pop Century / August 18th - September 1st, 2010 ~ Pop Century / August 9th - 23rd, 2011 ~ Pop Century / April 17th - April 25th, 2012 ~ All Star Sports /
March 1st - March 9th, 2013 ~ Disney Magic / November 14 - 21st, 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfankev View Post
Yes, that is true, you cannot use online checkin if you have a coupon (even electronic ones from Alamo).
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs14 View Post
I'm not able to modify/cancel my reservation online. I've tried using the link in the email to modiy the reservation and I get invalid value. I've tried using the links on the Alamo website and get the same invalid value error.

Is anyone else having issues with accessing their Alamo reservation online?

I need to cancel a few reservations and do online checkin on the one we'll be keeping!
I've had the same problem..trying to cancel a reservation.....I guess I'll have to call
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by palhockeymomof2 View Post
I've had the same problem..trying to cancel a reservation.....I guess I'll have to call

Sometimes I get an email a day or 2 before a car rental, asking me if I need ti cancel it, with a link.

Weird, they should have it working to cancel online (even with a coupon), it would benefit them not to staff people to do it over the phone. And would encourage people to cancel when they have multiple reservations.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
katallo
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure what is going on with their website. If I try to modify a week in April and add 3 extra hours, the rates increase by $215.00.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #9
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
I'm not sure what is going on with their website. If I try to modify a week in April and add 3 extra hours, the rates increase by $215.00.
I honestly detest their new website.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #10
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

Yep, website sucks. I cant see a reservation I just made, click on the link , "Invalid value". I called, the res I can see in my email is more money than they have on their system, I asked them to email it to me, he said he did, nothing came through. If it wasn't for the kiosk..I wouldn't use ALAMO again. This is BS, I do things ONLINE so I don't have to call..unreal
Old 02-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
JERSEYGIRLINSI

Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidysdad View Post
Yep, website sucks. I cant see a reservation I just made, click on the link , "Invalid value". I called, the res I can see in my email is more money than they have on their system, I asked them to email it to me, he said he did, nothing came through. If it wasn't for the kiosk..I wouldn't use ALAMO again. This is BS, I do things ONLINE so I don't have to call..unreal
Yes! Totally agree.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #12
Ranger111
Mouseketeer

I have not used Alamo for just over a year (when they claimed they opened their ONT location at 4 am and nobody was there -- even at 6 am).

However, I managed to get a $13 per day rate for a Long Beach rental, so went with them again this evening.

No, I cannot get to online check-in. Invalid value. Very frustrating. I am using an Alamo insider rate, but everything was prefilled for me, so not sure if I qualify as using a coupon or not.

At any rate, I'll just deal with the extra few minutes at the airport. The price is right
Ranger111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #13
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

I agree I just find it frustrating i called to cancel an older reservation a couple of hours ago it is still showing up on my account with no email confirmation of the cancellation. She said they were experiencing some website glitches..lol just a few
Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #14
JERSEYGIRLINSI

Finally a answer

Spoke with a rep @ Alamo this morning, while trying to cancel a reservation, she said that they implemented a new system, and are experiences so problems. Said that she had no idea how long it would be before the corrections are made, but they are aware of the issues. This rep. said she was getting alot of the same "invalid info" calls.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
I honestly detest their new website.
I think they may be using some ex Disney IT web design folks. It is bad.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: