DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
DannysMom
DIS Veteran
 
DannysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight16
so how does that work? do i book 50 points 11 months out then move it around at 7 months to use some of the SSR points......ok in this case i have seen the cheap rooms at BW are the hardest to book.....so do i say book the weekend days 11 months out to secure them then add and drop at 7 months. to make a full week?
No. You can't switch points used on a reservation that was made with your 11 month home resort booking advantage.

With 25 (or 30) BWV points you could both bank & borrow, so that every 3 years you would have 75 (or 90) points with which you could make a home resort reservation 11 months out.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
__________________
--Me! & DH ,- 10 YEARS OLD, mild CP, & a Disney fan & twins, & --4!
DVC BCV owners!
DannysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator
 
Chuck S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Seguin, Texas USA
Posts: 25,980
DISboards Moderator

As DannysMom said, they will not switch point used during the 11 month priority period. They only way that would work would be if there is availability for that BWV unit at 7 months, then book that with the SSR points and cancel the original reservation. There is no way to circumvent the 11/7 window.
__________________

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
dwight16
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 287

ok just to go from all sides......if i book in the 11 month window with say 50 points then on the 7 month call up cancel my 50 the right away rebook a whole week. does that fly or would the nights go to an 11 month in waiting?
dwight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #19
DannysMom
DIS Veteran
 
DannysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight16
ok just to go from all sides......if i book in the 11 month window with say 50 points then on the 7 month call up cancel my 50 the right away rebook a whole week. does that fly or would the nights go to an 11 month in waiting?
If you cancel, with the intent to re book with different points, the reservation is in jeopardy. Someone could book it out from under you, leaving you without the reservation you had before.

Safest bet, at 11 months book a split stay at both home resorts. Try to switch half the reservation at 7 months, but if there is no availability at least you have the split stay, and you can wait list for what you want.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
__________________
--Me! & DH ,- 10 YEARS OLD, mild CP, & a Disney fan & twins, & --4!
DVC BCV owners!
DannysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #20
dwight16
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 287

thanks i am just trying to see if i should buy an add on at my home resort SSR or another one BW or BC
dwight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #21
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers
 
gortman65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 778

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight16 View Post
thanks i am just trying to see if i should buy an add on at my home resort SSR or another one BW or BC
You'd probably want to consider the number of days you typically stay at WDW during your vacations. If your typical trip spans more time than your 25 pt contract would cover, would you be ok with a split stay if a 7-month waitlist doesn't come through?

Also, if you go during times when BCV and BWV are in high demand, such as during the F&W festival, having that home resort advantage would be useful if you want that proximity to Epcot.

Finally, you might want to take into account the expiration of the contract (2054 for SSR vs 2042 for BWV and BCV) and differences in maintenance fees over the life of the contract.

Good luck with your decision!
__________________
"I'll see it when I believe it."

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #22
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,356

Personally as someone who does own at multiple resorts I wouldn't purchase only 25 pts at one with the thought that I would use points from another resort to fill in additional nights at 7 months. If you wanted to use banking and borrowing to stay at BWV every 3rd year that would be different but from what you've described I would add on SSR points or you will be trying lots of guess work for what days to book at 11 months with your BWV points. Or you could just skip booking during the home priority period and see what's available at 7 months once your points can be combined for use anywhere. But I think purchasing SSR points is still less than BWV points and you would have the same expiration date for all your points.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #23
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Personally as someone who does own at multiple resorts I wouldn't purchase only 25 pts at one with the thought that I would use points from another resort to fill in additional nights at 7 months. If you wanted to use banking and borrowing to stay at BWV every 3rd year that would be different but from what you've described I would add on SSR points or you will be trying lots of guess work for what days to book at 11 months with your BWV points. Or you could just skip booking during the home priority period and see what's available at 7 months once your points can be combined for use anywhere. But I think purchasing SSR points is still less than BWV points and you would have the same expiration date for all your points.
This was going to be m point, don't purchase simply 25 points at another resort. Unless you have a workable plan to use the 25 or 50 points that doesn't need a lot of luck, then I would either purchase the points at SSR or look at a larger contract. Once you go larger, resale becomes a much bigger difference financially.

I'm not sure what your needs are but if all you need is 25 more points or even 50, it's not difficult to stretch 160 points to that with an occasional transfer, cheaper short notice rental or non DVC trip. If you do want/need more points and BWV is where you'd prefer to own, 100 points resale isn't much more up front than 50 points retail.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Here's a link with all the prices:

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc...g-a-promotions

I spoke with my salesperson this week and he said there are incentives starting at 50 points or more. $500 off for 50-99 points. This was for Boardwalk.
I wonder if there are incentives for HH?
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Jan 24-26 at HHI
Aug 1-8 at BWV
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #25
dwight16
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 287

i went on the wait list for BW and BCV to add on 25 points they are going to back date my use year to match my SSR use year. Most of my bookings will be in the 7th month window i tend to travel at off peak times. total cost with closing is 2900ish. crazy how they take credit cards right on the disney credit card 0% for 6 months. my question is where do these points come from? do they just create them?
dwight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #26
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator
 
Chuck S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Seguin, Texas USA
Posts: 25,980
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight16 View Post
i went on the wait list for BW and BCV to add on 25 points they are going to back date my use year to match my SSR use year. Most of my bookings will be in the 7th month window i tend to travel at off peak times. total cost with closing is 2900ish. crazy how they take credit cards right on the disney credit card 0% for 6 months. my question is where do these points come from? do they just create them?
No, each DVC resort has a specific number of points, which is determined before the resort sales begin. To just "create" points would mean that Disney would be illegally overselling a resort.

If your use year is currently sold out, you go on a wait list. Points in sold out resorts/use years become available when Disney exercises their Right of First Refusal on a resale contract. Once they have reacquired these points, they can break up the contract, say they buy up a 200 point contract, that contract is then dissolved and they can sell those points as add-ons.
__________________

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.