Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #46
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

Hi! Wow, thanks guys =) I love sharing my experience with people who feel the same way I do!

mdsd8700, the tour was full. I believe there was 16 of us? I never really counted though, but I know splitting up to go into the apartment, there was 8 of us. (It was all couples)

DLRfan31, there was a man in our group on an ECV. He wasn't with my group to go into the apartment, so I'm not sure how well he did getting up there. The stairs were not as narrow as I expected, but they are a bit steep. I think you could probably stand next to your mom and help her up. And there were handrails on both sides too.

**SPOILER**

I didn't mention it in my other posts, because I didn't want to give anything away, but you do get a Pin at the end. It's really nice =) And they let you get one photo in the apartment. You put your camera on the counter and the CM's take a photo of you inside, which was fantastic!
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #47
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post
**SPOILER**

I didn't mention it in my other posts, because I didn't want to give anything away, but you do get a Pin at the end. It's really nice =) And they let you get one photo in the apartment. You put your camera on the counter and the CM's take a photo of you inside, which was fantastic!
yay, love getting the special pins! and can't wait to see the apt and have a photo!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #48
DLRfan31
A Pirate's Life for Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post

DLRfan31, there was a man in our group on an ECV. He wasn't with my group to go into the apartment, so I'm not sure how well he did getting up there. The stairs were not as narrow as I expected, but they are a bit steep. I think you could probably stand next to your mom and help her up. And there were handrails on both sides too.
Thanks crystal, I think that if there are handrails and with my help she will be fine. She gets around alright, just not up to all the walking necessary to navigate the park all day. When I call to make reservations I will discuss it with the CM.

I can't wait to see Walt's apartment...and get our picture taken there. That is so magical!
DLRfan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #49
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

^Yay! I can't wait to hear all about it =)
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #50
sherilaine
DIS Veteran

Well it turns out I got the good news I was hoping for so I would love to book this for myself and my daughter - she will be 11 in May when we are there and while she is young she has read Walt's biography twice! So this would be wonderful for her to take.

Any idea if there is an age limit - guess I could easily just call and ask myself...
March 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3247388

sherilaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #51
lorilovesdisney
Club Disney

Thanks for sharing! Loved your report.
lorilovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #52
grumpyskirtgirl
Mouseketeer

I can respond to the allergy question.I have celiac and therefore a gluten allergy.

I took the Christmas tour. I could not eat any of the snacks offered along the way. I was given an alternate snack at the end. It was supposed to be ready when everyone else was snacking, but it wasn't. Not a big deal to me at all. But they will definitely work with you.

As for being worried about not making the tour, I wouldn't be TOO concerned. Yes the tour is limited to a small group, but there was 3 groups doing the exact same tour at the same time as us. So really there was close to 50 people hanging around waiting to go.

Loved, loved, loved the tour. Will be doing one every time we go now. Even my 5 & 6 year olds loved it. And their grandmas were in heaven.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #53
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd8700 View Post
My original question in the post wondering about anyone having difficulty booking the tour since it is only once a day and limited to 15 people. It sounds like you didn't have any problems at all. Did you call as soon as the reservation office opened?

Absolutely love the idea of surprising your friend's wife. What a great idea. Please let us know how it turns out!!
We did call as soon as we were able - around 8 AM Pacific time, when the lines open. I am used to booking things commando WDW-style, so this wasn't too big a deal

We are actually surprising my friend (the husband) - his wife is the one who called to book the tour! My only worry is that he might pee his pants in excitement Can I make it three weeks until we leave...?! I hope so.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: