Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #16
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Yipee! Another Luryloo TR! Cant wait to see how the Hawaii trip goes, this is definitely on our bucketlist. But while i would love to stay at Aulani, i am not married to the idea and would love to hear your perspective.

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #17
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Wow you did have a crapy view. Can't wait to read about your trip.
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #18
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Yay, a Lurkyloo trip report! I'm here. This is the first time I will actually be following along on here and not on your blog. Consider me subscribed!
Mel*Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #19
Izzy Pooh
Mouseketeer

So looking forward to following your trip report! . DH & I stayed at Aulani last May and browsing through your pictures now has made me realize how much I miss Hawaii.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #20
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

You had me at Lurkyloo! Can't wait for another awesomest adventure with the two of you! Congrats on your vow renewal!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #21
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!! Love your TR's - can't wait to read more of your latest adventure!!

Too bad about the room view! I can see how you'd try to pretend it's the TTA track though! Maybe a little printed-out picture of Progress City would have made it a bit more convincing?
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Subbing....of course!
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #24
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Yay! Carrie I your reports! You've had me cracking up already at day #1! Can't wait to read more!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*

*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy*
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #25
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

subbing to read later..
looks interesting and beautiful.
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #26
jillybeene71
Geaux Saints...Can you feel the Brees?

Wait...theres little tv's on the back of the seats on airplanes? We fly Southwest where all you get is a bag of nuts

Kidding! We did fly continental once and but immediately told the kids not to get spoiled with the tv and biscotti...When I was young I had to walk to Disney, with bare feet, in the snow...

July '07 Universal/Hard Rock Nov '07 Royal Pacific New Years '08 All Star Music (Magic Music Days) July '08 Royal Pacific Oct '08 PO Riverside New Years '09 All Star Movies July '09 Pop Century New Years '10 Pop Century July '10 PO Riverside/Royal Pacific November '10 Pop Century July '11 Pop Century Nov '11 All Star Movies Nov '12 Pop Century July '13 AoA/Pop CenturyNov/Dec '13 ASMovies/Pop Century October '14 Royal Pacific/Pop Century
jillybeene71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #27
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to see more of your TR. DW and I were at Aulani in Sept, 2012 for our 30th anniversary. Looking forward to reliving our trip through yours.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #28
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I'm subbing! Long time fan of your blog and all of your work on the Cake Thread! You helped me out once last year when I was trying to order a simple cake for DW's birthday cruise.

Anyway, it was such a pleasant surprise to see your TR here and I have your "shameless bump" to thank for. I might have missed it since you stealthly snuck your first posts in the middle of the night.

Sorry about the view. If I squint my eyes (and I mean reeeeeally squint) on the pictures of your view, it almost looks like the Kennedy Center! (This is what I get for living in the DC area)

Can't wait to read more!
Ooh, I like that! "La-dee-dah! I'm swanning around the Kennedy Center, everyone!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Hi, Carrie!!

I'm not a Disney bride, but I did read your most fabulous wedding TR!! And I just know that this one is going to be fantastic as well!!

I dream of renewing my vows in Disney one day, so I can't wait to read about yours. I can only imagine how beautiful it was in Hawaii!
I highly recommend a vow renewal—even more so now that I've actually done one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post

I thought of you a couple of weeks ago when I ended up at DLR on a surprise long weekend trip. We loved it and I really want to go back someday. Unfortunately there are so few DVC units out there it is tough to get in. Luckily I found an offsite resort that was decent and cheap. We were back in our rooms less than twenty minutes after we left the parks. That is tough to do on site at DW unless you are at the BCV and walk out the international gateway at Epcot.
So glad to hear you had a great time in our neck of the woods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in. So sorry you got a room without a view. I know you aren't always in your room but it would be nice to look out at the water or pretty gardens.
Exactly. And with Aulani being a once-in-a-great-while kind of destination for many, I guess it pays to save up for a better view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvjen777 View Post
Subbing .. Love your TR's !
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
Oooh, I want to subscribe, too! I was looking for your other TR that I had read where you detailed your involvement with Dick Van Dyke's home Halloween decorations, as my DS14 has become a big fan of Dick Van Dyke's and I wanted him to see how real people got to meet and interact with a celebrity/legend, and so I stumbled upon your newest reports...count me in as another Lurkylook fan!
That's interesting! I always love hearing that the younger generation shares our appreciation for Dick Van Dyke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Hellooo! I'm excited to see what you guys did off property since we didn't really leave when we went! Also excited for your VR and dessert-free dessert party?? Hmm

So sad to see and hear about your room/view! We had a poolside gardens view room and it was amazing. So sunny we had to shut the curtains to take naps, etc. We had a 1 bedroom for the 2 of us so more than enough space and closet room. Hopefully next time you go back you can get a different room!
We'd better start saving our pennies now! I can definitely see how one could spend an entire trip just at Aulani. It's very tempting to never leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Yipee! Another Luryloo TR! Cant wait to see how the Hawaii trip goes, this is definitely on our bucketlist. But while i would love to stay at Aulani, i am not married to the idea and would love to hear your perspective.
I wish we had been able to stay at another resort so we could give you a direct comparison—that was the original plan. But at least I can share what we thought of Aulani vs. mainland hotels and other Disney resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Wow you did have a crapy view. Can't wait to read about your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel*Pie View Post
Yay, a Lurkyloo trip report! I'm here. This is the first time I will actually be following along on here and not on your blog. Consider me subscribed!
Yay! Great to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Pooh View Post
So looking forward to following your trip report! . DH & I stayed at Aulani last May and browsing through your pictures now has made me realize how much I miss Hawaii.
I think it's gonna make ME miss Hawaii already too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
You had me at Lurkyloo! Can't wait for another awesomest adventure with the two of you! Congrats on your vow renewal!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Joining in!!! Love your TR's - can't wait to read more of your latest adventure!!

Too bad about the room view! I can see how you'd try to pretend it's the TTA track though! Maybe a little printed-out picture of Progress City would have made it a bit more convincing?
Great idea! Next time I'll print one out on clear sticker paper and slap it on the sliding glass door - LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Subbing....of course!
Hiya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Subbing Dubbing...
Tee-hee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde View Post
Yay! Carrie I your reports! You've had me cracking up already at day #1! Can't wait to read more!
Great to see you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
subbing to read later..
looks interesting and beautiful.
That about sums it up! Oh, also: expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeene71 View Post
Wait...theres little tv's on the back of the seats on airplanes? We fly Southwest where all you get is a bag of nuts

Kidding! We did fly continental once and but immediately told the kids not to get spoiled with the tv and biscotti...When I was young I had to walk to Disney, with bare feet, in the snow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to see more of your TR. DW and I were at Aulani in Sept, 2012 for our 30th anniversary. Looking forward to reliving our trip through yours.
What a fantastic way to spend your 30th anniversary—congratulations!!!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #29
jessa07
Can we do RnRC one more time??

Oh...that view from your balcony...ouch! Glad you still enjoyed yourself!

CBR/Poly: 1997 Poly: 1998 Contemporary: 1999 BWV: 2000 BWV: 2002 BWV: 2004 Off-site: 2006 VWL: 2008 AKL: 2009 BLT:2010 AKL/OKW: 2010 SSR: 2011 BWV: 2012 POP: 2012 BWV/Wedding: 2013 AKL: 2013 BLT: 2014 BWV: 2014 OKW/CBR: 2014 AKL: 2015

Our Fairytale Escape Wedding: April 13, 2013 - Sea Breeze Point / The Attic / UK Lochside

Gold Castaway Club Member!
jessa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #30
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

So excited for another lurkyloo TR... especially one in Hawaii! Can't wait to hear all about it. Already learning a lot and hope to put it to good use... someday. Can't wait to travel along virtually with you and Patrick.

Yikers... that is not a tremendous view. But glad you were able to laugh about it. Not cool that you get a pin for construction and others get two nights. Boo.

If I'm thinking of the same staircase in Italy (over the wine shop?) I had no idea that was an event option. Interesting...

Looking forward to more!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: