Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Peachkins
DIS Veteran

Pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort

Although our trip's a long way off still, I've been looking at some of the different resorts because, well, I can't help it.

One room that caught my husband's eye was the pirate room at Caribbean Beach. I would love to stay in one of these rooms, but I only see them advertised with two double beds. Does anyone know if they offer these rooms with just a king bed as well? I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

The Pirate Rooms are only offered with 2 doubles.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
shan136
Mouseketeer

The Pirate rooms only have 2 double beds and although the theming is great (especially if you have boys) but these rooms are a LONG walk to the main pool and food court. IMHO it's not that much worse than staying in one of the farther buildings at POP but it can get pretty inconvenient.
shan136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
Peachkins
DIS Veteran

Thank you both for the info. I do have to admit, this whole resort does intimidate me a little. The place looks huge! I usually stay in the value resorts, but this will be my husband's first trip and I figured since he liked the pirate rooms that much, we'd consider it. He's just a big kid after all. Alas, not having a king bed is a deal-breaker.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachkins View Post
Thank you both for the info. I do have to admit, this whole resort does intimidate me a little. The place looks huge! I usually stay in the value resorts, but this will be my husband's first trip and I figured since he liked the pirate rooms that much, we'd consider it. He's just a big kid after all. Alas, not having a king bed is a deal-breaker.
we loved the pirate rooms. and the pool is awesome . heres a few pics for u

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
cceandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan136 View Post
The Pirate rooms only have 2 double beds and although the theming is great (especially if you have boys) but these rooms are a LONG walk to the main pool and food court. IMHO it's not that much worse than staying in one of the farther buildings at POP but it can get pretty inconvenient.
+1 Couldn't agree more!

We loved the room itself, but it was too far from the main pool and food court for us to really take advantage of it. What we ended up doing is getting off there on the way back from the park, get our drinks & snacks, and then getting back on the bus to go to our room.

The resort is very pretty - I would enjoy it a lot... if I wasn't at Disney! If you are a rope drop to good night kiss theme park goer, you might want to stay at a different resort. If you plan a day or more at the resort, it might work out well for you.
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Of all the moderates, CBR is the only one to yet to have a refurb, other than the pirate rooms. This was to entice people to stay in some of the farthest rooms away from the main amentities.

All the other mods have queen beds.

The main problem with CBR, when looking at all the other mods, is while POR and CSR are about the same size theoretically, CBR is much more elongated in shape. Therefore, it tends to have a longer walk than the other large sized mods.

POR did the same thing, but adding the RR's, as CBR, to entire people to book some of the more remotely located rooms there which exist in Parterre Place.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: