Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
BigKid45
Mouseketeer

Airline Check In at Resorts

We just learned something the hard way.....don't let the concierge check you into the airlines if you want your luggage sent ahead to the airport!

The night before departing POR the concierge offered to check us in for our flight home as we were wrapping up charges to our KTTW. We planned to check our bags at the hotel so that ME could drop us at the terminal and we could walk right to the gate. Concierge checked us in and told us to drop the bags at the resort airline check-in by 1pm the next day. When we arrived at airline check-in they informed us that since we had already checked in they could not print luggage routing tags or transport our bags to the airline. Instead we had to put our bags on ME, then check in with bags at the ticket desk at MCO. Of course, we arrived after 2 large teen groups and found ourselves in line with approx. 100 other passengers!

WDW-'72 & '73 Offsite, '05 & '06 Offsite, '08 WL-Club, '09 ASMu-FS, '10 Pop, '12 Windsor Hills, '13 POR
DL-Offsite every Oct 1974-1987 (Corp. Nites)
BigKid45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKid45 View Post
We just learned something the hard way.....don't let the concierge check you into the airlines if you want your luggage sent ahead to the airport!

The night before departing POR the concierge offered to check us in for our flight home as we were wrapping up charges to our KTTW. We planned to check our bags at the hotel so that ME could drop us at the terminal and we could walk right to the gate. Concierge checked us in and told us to drop the bags at the resort airline check-in by 1pm the next day. When we arrived at airline check-in they informed us that since we had already checked in they could not print luggage routing tags or transport our bags to the airline. Instead we had to put our bags on ME, then check in with bags at the ticket desk at MCO. Of course, we arrived after 2 large teen groups and found ourselves in line with approx. 100 other passengers!

I'm sorry that happened. Thank you for the info!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: