Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #31
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
No, it is usually within 12 hours or so. My agent with DU has 'office hours' of 5-10 pm, but she often contacts me outside those hours, on weekends, etc. It's just that she WILL be there during those hours. If you haven't heard from anyone by tomorrow morning, try again.

Nancy
And this is why I don't use any of the Disney specialist agencies. For most of the agents it is a hobby or a second job.

I only use agencies with a 24/7 coverage plan. What happens when you get to the boat at noon and there's an issue. Do you want to wait until 5? I don't.

It is a service industry. A 24 to 48 hour response for a quote is not really acceptable. M
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #32
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalchick71 View Post
Kelsie is awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by disnewbie108 View Post
Love her! She is fantastic.


Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
kittymamma
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 60

We tried to book a May 2013 cruise through DU but could not get the suite we wanted (had used them for our two previoius cruises) so we asked to be advised when the 2014 dates came out and was assured we would be in her que for info. I e-mailed in Sep, 2012 to ask if there was any news and she mailed me back that there was nothing yet. After I saw the 2014 dates posted, I waited for the DU agent to e-mail me because I just knew she was securing that cabin that we wanted. And I waited...and I waited...and I waited......and am STILL waiting to hear from DU. I have since booked it myself and, happily, got the suite that we wanted. So DU will not be our choice again...guess I just need someone I can call and not have to wonder if and when they willl return my e-mail.
kittymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #34
tweis
DIS Veteran
 
tweis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymamma View Post
We tried to book a May 2013 cruise through DU but could not get the suite we wanted (had used them for our two previoius cruises) so we asked to be advised when the 2014 dates came out and was assured we would be in her que for info. I e-mailed in Sep, 2012 to ask if there was any news and she mailed me back that there was nothing yet. After I saw the 2014 dates posted, I waited for the DU agent to e-mail me because I just knew she was securing that cabin that we wanted. And I waited...and I waited...and I waited......and am STILL waiting to hear from DU. I have since booked it myself and, happily, got the suite that we wanted. So DU will not be our choice again...guess I just need someone I can call and not have to wonder if and when they willl return my e-mail.
After reading all these negative posts about DU, I realize that I must have gotten really lucky being assigned to my agent. To date, I have had nothing but a wonderful experience. The day that the rest of the 2014 itineraries was released, she emailed me and the rest of her clients to let them know about the release, prices, and how to get a quote from her quickly. Anytime I have questions or concerns, I email her and she is very prompt with her responses. I wanted to change my room, she secured the one I wanted no problem. I wanted to request a specific dining rotation so as not to infere with Palo, and she took care of it no problem. If she is out of town and I have a question, she gives me the name of another agent that can help while she is gone. She, however is a full time agent so maybe that is the difference. I personally couldn't have asked for a better agent.
__________________
4 NIGHT MAGIC 2014 The Magic is better than the Dream.....I'll be the judge of that!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3272639
5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators http://www.disboards.com/showthread.p?t=3121863
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #35
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis

After reading all these negative posts about DU, I realize that I must have gotten really lucky being assigned to my agent. To date, I have had nothing but a wonderful experience. The day that the rest of the 2014 itineraries was released, she emailed me and the rest of her clients to let them know about the release, prices, and how to get a quote from her quickly. Anytime I have questions or concerns, I email her and she is very prompt with her responses. I wanted to change my room, she secured the one I wanted no problem. I wanted to request a specific dining rotation so as not to infere with Palo, and she took care of it no problem. If she is out of town and I have a question, she gives me the name of another agent that can help while she is gone. She, however is a full time agent so maybe that is the difference. I personally couldn't have asked for a better agent.
Honestly, people are more apt to post negative reviews, although there are lots of good reviews on here, you can't get sidetracked by a few negative ones.

DU has assisted probably thousands of happy vacationing families, and they also have a lot of repeat clients.

I read some of these posts on here and it seems that some people on here want immediate service. In that respect, it is probably best to book on your own. But, if an agent doesn't get back to you in a reasonable time, send another email.

Everyone is free to choose their own agents, but I don't think it is fair for people to classify an entire agency in a certain manner, just because there are issues every so often.

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #36
tweis
DIS Veteran
 
tweis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
Honestly, people are more apt to post negative reviews, although there are lots of good reviews on here, you can't get sidetracked by a few negative ones.

DU has assisted probably thousands of happy vacationing families, and they also have a lot of repeat clients.

I read some of these posts on here and it seems that some people on here want immediate service. In that respect, it is probably best to book on your own. But, if an agent doesn't get back to you in a reasonable time, send another email.

Everyone is free to choose their own agents, but I don't think it is fair for people to classify an entire agency in a certain manner, just because there are issues every so often.

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Very true. Most of the complaints I believe are stemming from people wanting immediate responses on the day the new itineraries were released and realisticly, I don't think it's possible to respond to everyone immediately. I'm sure most agents responded to their existing clients first, as would most other travel agencies. So far, I have had a wonderful experience and the OBC isn't bad either.
__________________
4 NIGHT MAGIC 2014 The Magic is better than the Dream.....I'll be the judge of that!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3272639
5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators http://www.disboards.com/showthread.p?t=3121863
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #37
truck1
Growing older but not up.
 
truck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clermont Fl
Posts: 4,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis

Very true. Most of the complaints I believe are stemming from people wanting immediate responses on the day the new itineraries were released and realisticly, I don't think it's possible to respond to everyone immediately. I'm sure most agents responded to their existing clients first, as would most other travel agencies. So far, I have had a wonderful experience and the OBC isn't bad either.
The flip side is that even if a person sends an email asking for a given itinerary any ta can only work as fast as DCL let's them. From what I understand DCL only has certain operating hours to do certain things like post a payment or make a new booking. Time zones may play a part but realistically if DCL I'd backlogged so is everyone else.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #38
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
Very true. Most of the complaints I believe are stemming from people wanting immediate responses on the day the new itineraries were released and realisticly, I don't think it's possible to respond to everyone immediately. I'm sure most agents responded to their existing clients first, as would most other travel agencies. So far, I have had a wonderful experience and the OBC isn't bad either.
as an existing du client I can tell you it doesn't always work out that way. i'm patient to a point, but I do expect quality service.
for the 2014 cruise booking I sent an email to my agent at du at 10:30 in the morning with my request for three cabins on a certain date in a certain cat. I waited cause, really, she's working on it right? I don't have to worry, shes on it. i'll hear from her when I hear from her, no problem. well it was 9:30 that night that I got a response from her saying she would be glad to do that for us but I needed to send in the form from the du web site and request she be the agent. really??? I waited all day to hear that? a whole day wasted because she didn't get to/read my email till that night and now I have to start over. and just what if the cruise I want is a popular one and now I miss out on three rooms together in the cat I want? I wasn't happy but it is what it is. I choose to pick du for the obc BUT I want to believe that they are doing their best for me and in this case, not so sure. it got booked several days later but if I had not got what I had requested because my email wasn't good enough this would be a different response.
long story short, I don't need a quick response, I just need to feel secure that someone is taking care of my request.
I will add that this agent holds two bookings for us already that aren't dummy dates, there for sure, we sail shortly.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #39
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)
Posts: 6,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio
I've never waited more than a few hours, our agent is BethF bethf@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
This. ^^^^

Beth Fejer ROCKS!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #40
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97

This. ^^^^

Beth Fejer ROCKS!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I went with Beth because of one of your reviews and I have been very pleased with her.

Whenever I see these complaints I wonder how many times people expect responses within 5 minutes on a weekend, at night, or when news just gets released. I know they are internet based but people still have lives. I emailed Beth a question yesterday and she responded back within a couple of hours. I didn't expect a reply until Monday. Sometimes I wonder of the woman ever sleeps :P

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #41
kittymamma
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 60

I have gained invaluable info from this Board because it is a "discussion" of both good and bad, pleased and disappointed....not everyone has the same experience so we share with one another in response to a question . I did not have a good result with DU recently and posted such, which resulted in some being critical of the fact that it was a negative response. You welcome people to these Boards so let them answer according to their experience....it's not always peachy, and as long as the comments are not "snarky" then that's what I assumed this transfer of information was for. This certainly makes one reluctant to participate...just sayin'.
kittymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #42
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
And this is why I don't use any of the Disney specialist agencies. For most of the agents it is a hobby or a second job.

I only use agencies with a 24/7 coverage plan. What happens when you get to the boat at noon and there's an issue. Do you want to wait until 5? I don't.

It is a service industry. A 24 to 48 hour response for a quote is not really acceptable. M
Most of the Disney agent specialists I have spoken with it is their main job and take it very seriously. I do not use DU but they have many great agents as do other agencies.

The TA I use works everyday of the week and she takes clients call at all hours. She even did some work for me while she was on vacation in the Bahamas.

Yes there are so not so good agents out there, but I think there are more good agents than bad.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #43
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymamma
I have gained invaluable info from this Board because it is a "discussion" of both good and bad, pleased and disappointed....not everyone has the same experience so we share with one another in response to a question . I did not have a good result with DU recently and posted such, which resulted in some being critical of the fact that it was a negative response. You welcome people to these Boards so let them answer according to their experience....it's not always peachy, and as long as the comments are not "snarky" then that's what I assumed this transfer of information was for. This certainly makes one reluctant to participate...just sayin'.
No one said you couldn't participate with a differing opinion...

What people need to be mindful of is that some people will only take the negative opinions and extrapolate those across the board, and that is simply not good research.

There could be a lot of reasons why you didn't have a good experience with DU. They could be valid reasons, but none of us know what happened except what you post. Maybe there was a family emergency or illness? So many people assume that an agent is flaky or blowing them off, when there could be a very serious reason why he/she could not get respond back.

Not everyone will like the same things, and that is fine, but in threads like this where minimal info is given, yet a negative review is also given, I think it is important for people to remember that travel is very personal and as such, perceptions and expectations of service are critical to someone's experience.

In that regard, my experience may be the same as yours with different outcomes or we could have totally different outcomes altogether.

Sorry you didn't have a good experience.

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Last edited by Tiger926; 03-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #44
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances
 
WebmasterJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,712
DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymamma View Post
We tried to book a May 2013 cruise through DU but could not get the suite we wanted (had used them for our two previoius cruises) so we asked to be advised when the 2014 dates came out and was assured we would be in her que for info. I e-mailed in Sep, 2012 to ask if there was any news and she mailed me back that there was nothing yet. After I saw the 2014 dates posted, I waited for the DU agent to e-mail me because I just knew she was securing that cabin that we wanted. And I waited...and I waited...and I waited......and am STILL waiting to hear from DU. I have since booked it myself and, happily, got the suite that we wanted. So DU will not be our choice again...guess I just need someone I can call and not have to wonder if and when they willl return my e-mail.
I am very sorry that your agent never contacted you when the 2014 sail dates were released. That is not acceptable.

Please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com with the information as to who you were working with at Dreams Unlimited Travel and I will happily work with that agent personally. They apparently require some additional coaching so that this does not happen to other clients.
__________________

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #45
eyesing4u
DVC Member
 
eyesing4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 124

I also did not have a good experience with DU. Please do not try to tell me I am being inpatient or expecting to much. I was disappointed that it took over a week to finally get a quote and then I booked the same EXACT thing on my own for less on the same day as her quote. She clearly did not know what she was doing. I have found my reading various posts that DU is very inconsistent and I probably should have requested a specific agent. I will probably try them again one day, but maybe they should be more discerning with the agents they bring on.
__________________
eyesing4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.