Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Disney Blues
Mouseketeer

Test Track & Raditor Springs Racers??? I don't think thats gonna happen...

I don't see Disney World having Two of the basically same attraction. I know it has it's differences but it's the same concept. Excpecialy the end race. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Radiator Springs come to Disney World, but I want something fresh. The Little Murmaid ride is getting some slack for being similar to the Finding Nemo attraction and it won't have that long lasting NEW RIDE Power as Toy Story Mania does. Basically they need a Fresh Idea or new Ride...if not I want Indiana Jones in Disney World, even though it's similar to Dinosaur......hehe
Disney Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
Disney Blues
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Blues View Post
I don't see Disney World having Two of the basically same attraction. I know it has it's differences but it's the same concept. Excpecialy the end race. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Radiator Springs come to Disney World, but I want something fresh. The Little Murmaid ride is getting some slack for being similar to the Finding Nemo attraction and it won't have that long lasting NEW RIDE Power as Toy Story Mania does. Basically they need a Fresh Idea or new Ride...if not I want Indiana Jones in Disney World, even though it's similar to Dinosaur......hehe
I hope they put something SOLID together for this New Downtown Disney Make-over. It sounds great just hope they go through with it. And Please resurrect Disney's Original Waterpark, River Country..
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
summerw
Mouseketeer

Have you ridden both? I think the Racers ride is just as much about going through Radiator Springs as the race portion. Besides, Disney loves the repeat... how many teacups can you find? :-) Admittedly if both were in the same park, I'd skip Test Track.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
Disney Blues
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerw View Post
Have you ridden both? I think the Racers ride is just as much about going through Radiator Springs as the race portion. Besides, Disney loves the repeat... how many teacups can you find? :-) Admittedly if both were in the same park, I'd skip Test Track.
Yes I have been on both...and love both, but you can close your eyes and hold your ears there the same ride, hahaha.
I was just thinking of a more long lasting ride thats innovative, not similar. Universal has def. steped up there game with whats coming on the way. Should be a good healthy competition, lol
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
~I agree, I want something totally different. I would prefer Pixar-land with something "Cars" related & Star Wars land! But, skier_pete has beaten my vision for DHS into the ground with a good sound & logical argument as to why Carsland is the probable option for DHS. I'm still hopeful for something, so we'll see!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
Crazy4Disney72
DIS Veteran

Having just gotten back from Disneyland about two weeks ago, I have to say that I love the idea of Radiator Springs Racers coming to WDW! What an incredible ride! The theming was great! I took lots of pictures of the land and the exterior of the ride. I'm a preschool teacher, and just looking at the pictures on my Kindle kept my little guys enthralled for several minutes, it really IS Radiator Springs! Disney hit a home run on this one for sure!

18 trips to WDW, 7 trips to DL
Crazy4Disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
I don't see Disney World having Two of the basically same attraction.
Why not? In the MK alone there are three different spinner attractions - four if you count the double Dumbo as two.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Yeah, because Disney wouldn't do something like build an entire theme park that had 6 different Omnimover attractions (cough *EPCOT*). Or how about the 5 spinners scattered around the resort (4 as DrDisney pointed out at MK and a 5th at AK.

I don't know if anyone has ridden RSR, but it feels nothing at all like test track. I really don't think the idea of two similar ride vehicles will hold them back. I would think a more likely reason would be to not duplicate and draw people away from DLR....but I also don't think that will stop them.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
Nasscar159
Earning My Ears

Well that is what most people said about Transformers when Universal was thinking about putting that in. But the eventually did.
Nasscar159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #10
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

I would absolutely love to see RSR come to Florida, especially since they've now ruined Test Track.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #11
NeutralNovice
Earning My Ears

They need a ride that is similar to the Harry Potter ride at USO. Man that ride is AMAZING!
NeutralNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #12
LiseG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney72 View Post
Having just gotten back from Disneyland about two weeks ago, I have to say that I love the idea of Radiator Springs Racers coming to WDW! What an incredible ride! The theming was great! I took lots of pictures of the land and the exterior of the ride. I'm a preschool teacher, and just looking at the pictures on my Kindle kept my little guys enthralled for several minutes, it really IS Radiator Springs! Disney hit a home run on this one for sure!
I agree it's a home run. I could ride Radiator Springs Racers all day long (and plan to next trip). I haven't seen any reports newer than December, but it the rumor is Cars Land is coming to WDW.

Magic 4-Day Cozumel only - Sept 2004 (Booked as 7-Day Eastern - Thanks Hurricane Francis)
Magic 7-Day Semi-Western - Sept 2005 (Booked Eastern again - went West due to Hurricane Rita)
Magic 7-Day Eastern - Halloween 2006 (Finally made it to Eastern!)
Magic 7-Day Western - Sept 2009 (Ms. Mary's Wedding)
Wonder 7-Day Pacific Coast PIXAR - Sept 2012

Last edited by LiseG; 03-02-2013 at 10:16 PM.
LiseG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: