DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
tlynk
DIS Veteran
 
tlynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,150

Waitlist Requests

Has anyone here on the boards got lucky with a waitlist request for BCV Studio or BWV Standard view? We are going to WDW in early May and I'm wondering if there is even a chance that my waitlist requests will come through since my trip is approaching soon?
__________________




DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Smichelle98
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1

We were wait listed for a studio at BCV for the marathon weekend. It came through about 6 weeks before we were due to go. I had been waiting since the 7 month mark. Good luck and a little pixie dust your way.
Smichelle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
Shellandscott
Earning My Ears
 
Shellandscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 192

We are going to BCV in mid-May and our waitlist just came thru last week. It all depends on if someone who has that date cancels. Good Luck.
__________________

Numerous trips from 1973-1992
January 1999 - POFQ, May 2000 - & February 2004 - Offsite, August 2004 - BCV, January 2005 - SSR, May 2005 Hawaii (II), January 2006 - VWL, July 2006 - OKW, January 2007 Vegas (II), October 2007 - BCV, January 2008 - GF, May 2008 - VWL, Sept 2009 - BCV, May 2010 - VGC, May 2011 - SSR & BLT , May 2012 - VB, October 2012 - VGC, May 2013- BCV & VB, Dec 2013- OKW, Jan 2014 - BLT & SSR

Dream May 2011
Shellandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
tlynk
DIS Veteran
 
tlynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,150

Awesome to hear! Thank you for responding!
__________________




DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
DevonsDisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 2,013

So glad this question was asked. We were put on the waitlist for both a standard studio and a perferred studio at BWV a few weeks ago for mid June and have been wondering myself what the chances of this coming thru for us?

Right now booked at Kidani. We have stayed at AKL before so I really wanted to try somewhere else. But now I'm torn that IF the wait list comes thru for BWV. Do I stay at AKV or move to BWV??? Decisions, Decisions? What would you do?
__________________
DevonsDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
So glad this question was asked. We were put on the waitlist for both a standard studio and a perferred studio at BWV a few weeks ago for mid June and have been wondering myself what the chances of this coming thru for us?

Right now booked at Kidani. We have stayed at AKL before so I really wanted to try somewhere else. But now I'm torn that IF the wait list comes thru for BWV. Do I stay at AKV or move to BWV??? Decisions, Decisions? What would you do?
If the waitlist comes through, you'll be at BWV because they will make the change automatically unless for some reason you don't have the points for the reservation. They don't contact you when the list comes through for you to decide if you want it or not.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
DevonsDisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 2,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If the waitlist comes through, you'll be at BWV because they will make the change automatically unless for some reason you don't have the points for the reservation. They don't contact you when the list comes through for you to decide if you want it or not.
Well that's good to know! I had no idea! I guess my question is what is the timeframe on the waitlist. I just what I mean is how long is a waitlist active for? For example. I am leaving 6/14. Could they tell me the day before the waitlist went thru? Or is the waitlist drop at 21 days out?
__________________
DevonsDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Well that's good to know! I had no idea! I guess my question is what is the timeframe on the waitlist. I just what I mean is how long is a waitlist active for? For example. I am leaving 6/14. Could they tell me the day before the waitlist went thru? Or is the waitlist drop at 21 days out?
The waitlist stops at 31 days out. You need to request it be extended to seven days out. But if your new reservation uses fewer points than the original reservation, those extra points go into holding at 3o days out and must be used by the end of the use year. If the waitlist doesn't come in by seven days out, you can call daily to see if the villa is available to change.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
DevonsDisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 2,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The waitlist stops at 31 days out. You need to request it be extended to seven days out. But if your new reservation uses fewer points than the original reservation, those extra points go into holding at 3o days out and must be used by the end of the use year. If the waitlist doesn't come in by seven days out, you can call daily to see if the villa is available to change.
Thank you so much for the clarification. So at 31 days if I haven't been notified of the waitlist coming through for BWV then I will be at Kidani then? I won't be extending it. Seems like too much of a hassle after the 31 days
__________________
DevonsDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.