Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
Kfamilly
Earning My Ears

MyDisExp. apps, Diff between Android and iOS

I was just curious if anybody had heard anything about the Android app being updated to be in parody with version number of the iOS app right now?

On the iOS app as many of you probably know you can view your ADRs and your Room and Ticket Reservations and everything. No such luck on the Android version. Also booking ADRs on Android version is all but impossible as well.

Hopefully it will get a bump before too long.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you posted this question...I have an Android phone and I thought I was crazy because I couldn't find a place on the app with my ADRs, etc. It would be great if they could fix this soon.
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfamilly View Post
I was just curious if anybody had heard anything about the Android app being updated to be in parody with version number of the iOS app right now?

On the iOS app as many of you probably know you can view your ADRs and your Room and Ticket Reservations and everything. No such luck on the Android version. Also booking ADRs on Android version is all but impossible as well.

Hopefully it will get a bump before too long.

hmmm...somewhat appropriate typo
Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
sachilles
Mouseketeer

I have both and the Android Version doesn't do a whole lot compared to the Apple.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy View Post
I'm so glad you posted this question...I have an Android phone and I thought I was crazy because I couldn't find a place on the app with my ADRs, etc. It would be great if they could fix this soon.
its not really fixing the app. it a matter of upgrading it. the iphone app came out many months before android and received the new features well before android. they may have prioritized apple over android for some reason or they have more apple developers. who knows.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Kfamilly
Earning My Ears

Exactly, I just find it odd that there is such a difference in the functionality of the apps. I mean it's not as if Android isn't a major platform or something. Oh well, hopefully it will get upgraded here fairly soon. We go in June, and it would be nice to have the full "actual" Disney Experience on my lowly Android phone!!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
its not really fixing the app. it a matter of upgrading it. the iphone app came out many months before android and received the new features well before android. they may have prioritized apple over android for some reason or they have more apple developers. who knows.
Kfamilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #7
jemh628
Mouseketeer

I am not sure if it is a full roll out, but I had an update this morning and can now view my reservations and friends and family. I have not tried to make a new one yet.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #8
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I'm updating the app for my android right now. I'm kind of annoyed that for whatever reason the app didn't update automatically like every other app I have. I had to go into the Google Play Store and choose the update manually.

So, when I logged in to the updated app I did have my DINING RESERVATIONS in there, but there seemed to be no where to see our resort reservations. Also, it will only show you your dining ADRS's if you change the calendar day to the actual day of the reservation. So for about 10 minutes I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see my ressies or add them. Turns out it was because I was looking at TODAY instead of any of our trip days in March.

The app is not intuitive at all.

I then had to fart around with the app for bit before I found where my resort ressie was. Why they wouldn't put a link on the start page like they do for dining is beyond me.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

How To Find Reservations on ANDROID MDE app

EDIT: Okay, finally got the sizing and ordering issues fixed. These are good now

To all the folks who find the Android MDE app completely unintuitive, and are THIS CLOSE to throwing their smartphone across the room in frustration, here's how to get to your reservations in the ANDROID MDE ONLY (no idea how IOS version works, sorry):

1. Log into the app (Hey, Disney, PLEASE put in a "remember me" option), and get to the "home Page"

2. From the home page, tap the "More..." link at the bottom of the screen

3. From the "More..." page, tap the "My Reservations" link...

4. From the "My Reservations" link, tap either the "Rooms & Packages" link or the "Dining Reservations" link.

4a. From the former (Rooms and Packages link), you'll see something like the following:

4b. From the latter (Dining Reservations link), you'll see something like the following:

I hope this is helpful!!!! And Disney, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE simplify this app. I'm a developer. I beg ya. Do some usability studies. Finding my reservations shouldn't be so circuitous. It should be THING ONE on my login!

Last edited by OklahomaTourist; 02-21-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Resizig and reordering...Aaiieee!!!
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaTourist View Post
To all the folks who find the Android MDE app completely unintuitive, and are THIS CLOSE to throwing their smartphone across the room in frustration, here's how to get to your reservations in the ANDROID MDE ONLY (no idea how IOS version works, sorry):
The steps on the iPhone are exactly the same. It's easier to see them on an iPad as there is a reservations icon at the bottom of the screen.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
The steps on the iPhone are exactly the same. It's easier to see them on an iPad as there is a reservations icon at the bottom of the screen.
Probably related to screen width and resolution - more buttons at the bottom when they can fit them.

Has anyone checked to see if they made it tablet-installable yet?
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
funkbucket007
Incinerate

Haven't checked my Nexus 7 but it works on my wife's Galaxy Nexus. On my HTC DNA, it doesn't function at all. You open the app and it just sits on a black screen.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Just reinstalled the app to see if the most recent update fixed functionality on the DNA and it works. Sweet. MDE in full 1080p for my trip that's right around the corner.
"We have created characters and animated them in the dimension of depth, revealing through them to our perturbed world that the things we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us." - Walt Disney

Me DW DS/11 DS/7

Last edited by funkbucket007; 02-21-2013 at 10:10 AM.
funkbucket007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

No update for my Galaxy S2

I can get to the "More" screen menu, but am missing the "My Reservations" button.

I just hope they update soon!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
scdisneyguy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill

Probably related to screen width and resolution - more buttons at the bottom when they can fit them.

Has anyone checked to see if they made it tablet-installable yet?
Works fine on my galaxy note 10.1 tab
Old 02-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #15
Kfamilly
Earning My Ears

Just got the update. Had to go get it. Wasn't prompted to update. Brings it up to par, which is good to see. I'm happy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: