Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
la79al
DIS Veteran

I think my brain is gone

I think having a preschooler (that just started a new preschool), a toddler, grandparents needing mostly 24/7 care and a house that never stays clean has sucked away all of my brain cells. We leave for DW in less than 2 weeks. I created some lists of what I need to pack and have slowly been packing those things. I seem unable to add things to the lists. Additionally, I don't have lists created yet for what goes in our AutoTrain bag, what goes in our under the stroller and what goes in the bag that stays with me. I have no idea what bag I am going to use to keep the stuff that stays with me. I've used a backpack before, I've used a fanny pack before, wasn't thrilled with how either of them look in pictures and this time we are actually buying PhotoPass so we will actually have pictures with me in them. I actually just this week got a folder to keep all of my DW paperwork, still don't have confirmation #s for ADRs, copies of gift cards and tickets, etc. I feel so completely disorganized and I am the type that will drive myself crazy trying to get and stay organized. Any ideas or suggestions? There seem to be a ton of things that need to be done here before I go, in addition to everything that I need to do for the trip and I'm too scattered to get anything done .
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
scjo68
DIS Veteran

First, let me give you a hug.

Bless you, you have your hands full!

OK. Breathe. Next, remember this is a vacation, not another chore to add to your plate.

Prioritize what absolutely must be done for the trip.
Make sure you have tickets, any vouchers, confirmation numbers, all in one place. I make a copy of the numbers by either scanning them or just take a photo of them with a digital camera or phone.

THe things that stay on you in the park are anything you need quickly, like handgel, ID, tickets, phone, etc., and anything of value, like a camera. When I had a stroller, I would keep extra clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks under the stroller. Keep snacks securely put away and sealed- I have seen squirrels get into snacks hanging out of a stroller.

I like to use a crossbody bag to keep on me.

THat is off the top of my head- I'm sure others have links to really awesome packing lists. Read them with a grain of salt. It is easy to become overwhelmed by packing lists that include everything but the kitchen sink. You can omit what doesn't apply to you.
Just think of the necessities that you and your kids will need- everything else is "gravy".

I am envious that you are so close to your trip.
Have fun!!!!
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

Last edited by scjo68; 02-22-2013 at 05:13 AM.
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Linas
Earning My Ears

I agree remember this is your vacation and relax.

I'm not one for promoting websites but wdwprepschool.com is a wonderful place to obtain a packing list and has great resources for organizing everything.

I use a cinch backpack to carry my necessities at the park. They have thin straps and are not really that noticable in pictures.

Good luck with everything and I hope this helps.

1999, 2007, May 2013--off property

Linas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
drinkme
DIS Veteran

I always say that as long as you have your confirmation numbers, your cell phone, and your credit card that's good enough! lol.

I know the kids are keeping you busy right now, but just print out a list from the above poster's website. Keep it out on the kitchen counter or the fridge and add to it every time you think of something new.

Start packing now and slowly add things in everyday.

If you forget something, it won't be the end of the world. On our last trip dd14's friend who went with us forgot her disposable contacts. Her mom sent them overnight to the hotel. She wore her glasses for one day. It all worked out fine.

Have fun on your upcoming trip!!!! You will have such a great time!!! We understand here on the DIS how much planning can go on. Your family may not get it, but we do!!! lol.
drinkme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: