DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #16
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl

The last time I went to WDW; that was the price I paid for car rental for the week. Some people don't like to drive in WDW but I love to. I love being on my own schedule and being guaranteed a seat. I love having the option to go off site whether it be to the store or another attraction. YMMV.
Loved our rental car on our trip two weeks ago. Yes, installing the rented car seat was the usual trial. But we survived. Zipped to and from MCO. Easy trip from WL to Animal Kingdom for EMH. Went to an off-site Mexican restaurant when we tired of "park food". Would not plan another trip without a rental.
Ladcassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

In the future, most airlines do not charge a baggage fee for car seats. They will wrap it in a bag and you can pick it up at luggage claim. I cannot believe what rental car companies charge per day for car seats, it's a rip off.

dwelty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #18
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

With all the money being spent, it's funny how just a few minutes difference between GETTING your own bags GOING to a taxi, or car service & then arriving at your resort, after paying a nominal fee, is better then putting your bags on the plane when you leave your home airport & not seeing them again until check in. (As in M.E.)

Just the non aggravation of going to get your luggage is well worth ME, not to mention the extra money you spend.

True it may take a lil longer / or not but Don't we all remember we're in WDW. Things take time....There are plenty of lines for rides and/or food that I'm sure you wait longer than this.

For me honestly my trip officially starts with the ME ride to WDW....They set the mood for the whole trip... Obvious to each his/her own, but just wanted to chime in.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
TTC is about $140 after gratuity for round trip. Well worth it in our book.
You can usually rent a mid size car for that much, for the entire week!

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
In the future, most airlines do not charge a baggage fee for car seats. They will wrap it in a bag and you can pick it up at luggage claim. I cannot believe what rental car companies charge per day for car seats, it's a rip off.
Yes they do charge a fortune for car seats. We have a bag that will hold an infant carrier and base, or a full toddler 5 point harness seat, or now that they both are in boosters, I can fit a high back booster and a normal booster in it. Even spirit (or so their website says) will not charge a checked bag fee for car seats if the child has a paid seat. We always bring our own seats with us when renting a car. However we don't rent a car at disney. While the ME service leaves something to be desired on the efficiency side....I don't know my way around Orlando or Disney properties for that matter....nor do I care to. Sur ei have google maps on my phone, but we all have our "things" for vacation. Some look at DVC kitchens and say...I'm not cooking on vacation. Me? Well mine is I'm not driving on vacation. Maybe some day when the kids are older and we explore other things that are non disney, but for now we stick with disney transportation.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #21
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDaD7 View Post
With all the money being spent, it's funny how just a few minutes difference between GETTING your own bags GOING to a taxi, or car service & then arriving at your resort, after paying a nominal fee, is better then putting your bags on the plane when you leave your home airport & not seeing them again until check in. (As in M.E.)

Just the non aggravation of going to get your luggage is well worth ME, not to mention the extra money you spend.

True it may take a lil longer / or not but Don't we all remember we're in WDW. Things take time....There are plenty of lines for rides and/or food that I'm sure you wait longer than this.

For me honestly my trip officially starts with the ME ride to WDW....They set the mood for the whole trip... Obvious to each his/her own, but just wanted to chime in.
Same here.

And the fact I don't have to see my bags until we get to the hotel is priceless
Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #22
gdrj
DIS Veteran

We've used ME and have never had any issues (hopefully not jinxing myself). Driver could be new EE. Definitely should know names of resorts and their related buildings, if someone says BayLake to Contemp Bus driver you would expect him to know.

We all would like perfection for our vacations, but I don't know of any business that runs perfectly.
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: