Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
dennise
DIS Veteran

OT - Tampa Bay Lightening

While in Florida we would like to see a hockey game inTampa Bay. Where is the best place to get tickets?
Old 02-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
TinaMcTeer
Mouseketeer

DH and I did that a few years ago. We looked on the Lightning website but the cheepest we found were on Ebay. Got 2 tickets VS. Toronto lower level center ice for under $75.
TinaMcTeer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennise View Post
While in Florida we would like to see a hockey game inTampa Bay. Where is the best place to get tickets?
I've bought Lightning tickets off StubHub before for a reasonable price. I don't know that I'd trust eBay for that sort of thing, but you could also try the Tampa-area Craigslist.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
bearloch
DIS Veteran

I would first check the lightenings site with the shorten season ticktes may be harder to get? or easer? anyway I would not trust a second hand sale unless you could actually veritify that they are good tickets!

WDW1986
Disneyland 1998
Disneyland 1999
WDW 2003
BAck First time @ Fort 12 /2007

Moved closer to Mickey June 2011:dance
CSR June 2012
bearloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Agri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearloch View Post
I would first check the lightenings site with the shorten season ticktes may be harder to get? or easer?
It's probably harder to get tickets as their home games have mostly been, if not all, sellouts. Tampa fans missed their hockey AND it's the time of year where there isn't much else going on to compete with hockey nights.

OP, if you've got a choice of games, I'd check for a deal on stubhub. If there's only one game you could get to - I'd buy direct.

If you go and are Lightning fans, please cheer extra loud for Killorn, Conacher, and Panik for me!!
Agri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agri View Post
It's probably harder to get tickets as their home games have mostly been, if not all, sellouts. Tampa fans missed their hockey AND it's the time of year where there isn't much else going on to compete with hockey nights.

OP, if you've got a choice of games, I'd check for a deal on stubhub. If there's only one game you could get to - I'd buy direct.

If you go and are Lightning fans, please cheer extra loud for Killorn, Conacher, and Panik for me!!
I agree. I've used StubHub numerous times and have been happy. In some cases, the service fee they charge is less expensive than the fees TicketMaster charges (SH charges based on total purchase price while TM charges per ticket). It looks like there are tickets directly from the Lightning website, but a lot of them are singles seats only (and again, those pesky TicketMaster service charges). Have fun!

ajh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
dennise
DIS Veteran

I think I will give Stubhub a try. It seems that the lower bowl seats are less expensive, seems odd. Does anyone know where to try to find seats. I have a limit of around 80-100 per ticket. Neither my husband or myself have never been to a major league game, so this is a perfect opportunity. We are going to try for tickets for Aprl 11. Penguins at Tampa Bay. We watch a lot of minor hockey (3 Grandsons play).
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
PlutoPony
DIS Veteran

Also look at the team's home page, and under tickets looks for "NHL Ticket Exchange". If it's like the Caps website (and I"m pretty sure it is) this is where season ticket holders advertise their games they don't want - and set whatever price the want for them.
PlutoPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
klacey1
DIS Veteran

OP, go to seatgeek.com and type in the Lightning. It's an aggregator kind of like Kayak but for sports/concerts instead of flights. It pulls from everywhere that sells hockey tickets. You can sort by "deal" or by price. They'll tell you what's a great deal (aka tickets being sold for way under face value) or not great deal (the opposite). I use it for all of the Rangers games we go to. I've gotten amazing deals on websites I've never heard over that were pulled up by that site. (It only pulls up authorized sites that 100% back up their tickets, so no matter what, it's secure)
Never been to a home game in TB, so I don't know what section is best, but I did see the Rangers whoop their butts 5-1 live a few weeks ago. Stamkos and his team put on a great game, so have a lot of fun!!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennise View Post
I think I will give Stubhub a try. It seems that the lower bowl seats are less expensive, seems odd. Does anyone know where to try to find seats. I have a limit of around 80-100 per ticket. Neither my husband or myself have never been to a major league game, so this is a perfect opportunity. We are going to try for tickets for Aprl 11. Penguins at Tampa Bay. We watch a lot of minor hockey (3 Grandsons play).
I've never been to Tampa's arena, but generally speaking, I like sitting at the end of the team I'm cheering for. I've sat everywhere from right behind the player's bench to literally the last row and the games were awesome no matter what - hockey arenas generally aren't humongous, so nearly all seats are "good" seats.

No need to tell you to have fun - professional hockey is my absolute favorite sport to attend live. There is *nothing* like it.

ajh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
flateacher
Mouseketeer

I just saw this so it might be too late.... The Forum (Lightning arena) has three levels. The second level is the club level and will be more expensive. The nicer sit down restaurant is located there. Also there is a special section that includes food with the ticket (at least there used to be). That is why some seats on the first level are cheaper.

As for where to sit... lots of people like center ice so they can see all of the ice. BUT if you are too low you might not see the action on the boards on your side. At least that is my experience.

OR Directly behind one of the goals so you can see down the entire length of the ice. Most people want to sit behind the goal their team is shooting on so they can see their team score goals. We actually prefer the opposite. I want to see our goalie make saves.

But you may know this from watching your grandsons play hockey...

FYI - This game is HUGE! Get your tickets now! This game will sell out and there will be a TON of Pens fans even though it is in Tampa.

EDIT: My husband and I plan on going to this game and will probably just walk down to the box office to buy tickets.
flateacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #12
dennise
DIS Veteran

Flateacher: Thanks for the info. Would the seats in the lower level, high up be better? The ones I am lokking at are in the corners.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: