Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Hong Kong Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
littlejen22
Mouseketeer

Meet and greets in the park

Can someone tell me where all of the meet and greets are at the park? And do you have any suggestions? The kids will want pictures and autographs. Six weeks until HK!
littlejen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

They have meet and greets with fab 5 type characters between the station and Main Street, there's princess greetings in the wishing well area next to the castle, and there's also fixed greetings in Fantasy Gardens. I know it included Minnie, Pooh and Mulan when I was there - I think there were 5 altogether.

If you'll be visiting the hotels, the Disneyland Hotel has princesses and the Hollywood Hotel has fab 5. The hotels are great for meet and greets with no lines, but they only do them during the day, so you have to take time away from the park.

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & VRBO) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Exciting countdown.

Go early. Like Zanzibar, we found them in the area in front of the Train Station and down Main Street. We also found Rapunzel in the walkway between the wishing well and fantasyland.

We were there in April and the queues were long. If you're staying on-site, then perhaps a character breakfast might be better?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Oh, I think they have some in Grizzly Gulch as well. Maybe the fab 5 type characters in cowboy outfits I'll check it out when I'm there and report back

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & VRBO) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
littlejen22
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. We are staying at the JW Marriott but plan on doing Dim Sum at the Disneyland Hotel. Is it possible to see them when we are at the hotel even though we are not guess at the hotel? If yes, where are they and how often? Also, at the park is it worth doing a meet an greet at rope drop or do rides first?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejen22 View Post
Thanks everyone. We are staying at the JW Marriott but plan on doing Dim Sum at the Disneyland Hotel. Is it possible to see them when we are at the hotel even though we are not guess at the hotel? If yes, where are they and how often? Also, at the park is it worth doing a meet an greet at rope drop or do rides first?
You can see characters at either hotel even if you're not a guest. At the DL Hotel, the princesses appear in the lobby (behind the birdcage lift) regularly throughout the day (maybe 15 minutes at a time, go away for half an hour, then come back out for another 15 minutes etc). So if you miss them on your way in, chances are you might see them on your way out. I saw Belle, Aurora and Cinderella (though only 2 come out at a time). They finished up at about 4pm when the pianist became the entertainment.

Doen't sound like you'll be at the Hollywood Hotel, but I ran into Goofy in the lobby there (again, during the day). We didn't see anyone else, but we weren't there for long so I don't know what we missed. Doesn't sound like you're planning to visit the Hollywood Hotel, but I'll ask about it when I'm there anyway.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
littlejen22
Mouseketeer

Now for my really dumb question, do they list the meet and greets on the daily show time list/map? We are going to WDW 8 weeks after HK and if we get some of the must-do characters done in HK then they will not be as big a deal in WDW, I would still try to do then in WDW but the world would not end without them. So we have Daisy, Rapunzel, Chip and Dale, and Tiana. I know someone said they saw Rapunzel, has anyone seen any of the others? Thanks.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

I'll check for Rapunzel and Tiana. I don't remember seeing either on our last trip, but I wasn't really looking out for them. I think Tiana is more of an American thing, so you'll probably have more luck at WDW.

Chip and Dale are definitely around. Not sure if I saw Daisy for meet and greets in the park, but she was one of the characters at the Enchanted Garden breakfast when we were there.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 02-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
littlejen22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
I'll check for Rapunzel and Tiana. I don't remember seeing either on our last trip, but I wasn't really looking out for them. I think Tiana is more of an American thing, so you'll probably have more luck at WDW.

Chip and Dale are definitely around. Not sure if I saw Daisy for meet and greets in the park, but she was one of the characters at the Enchanted Garden breakfast when we were there.
Thanks! Have an awesome trip!

Old 02-14-2013, 01:54 AM   #10
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejen22 View Post
Now for my really dumb question, do they list the meet and greets on the daily show time list/map? We are going to WDW 8 weeks after HK and if we get some of the must-do characters done in HK then they will not be as big a deal in WDW, I would still try to do then in WDW but the world would not end without them. So we have Daisy, Rapunzel, Chip and Dale, and Tiana. I know someone said they saw Rapunzel, has anyone seen any of the others? Thanks.
I saw Rapunzel in between the Snow White grotto and the walkway into Fantasyland.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
Minnie222
Mouseketeer

Easily found in HK Disney: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Chip and Dale, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle, Woody, Buzz

On and off: Daisy, Winnie the Pooh, Mulan

The park's daily timetable gives the time and location of meet and greets.
For specific character's time and location, you can go to the service counter and ask them. Location is inside the park, on your left, right next to stroller rental.

My advice is to arrive the park early, before the park opens. The princesses do the opening ceremony of the park each morning, followed by meet and greet right away.
Minnie222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: