Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
tihean
Earning My Ears

romantic disney getaway

any special recommendations "must dos" for a couple doing to disney in March?
tihean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

where are you staying?

if after March 6 - then go to Epcot - flower/garden

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
ALDSMD
Earning My Ears

I was wondering the same thing My husband and I are going without the kids for the first time this April. It is going to be so weird. We haven't been anywhere without them especially Disney!! Looking forward to some ideas.
ALDSMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
DT83097
DIS Veteran

DH and I will be there next week for our 3rd adults only trip! WDW is such a different experience without the kiddos and we always have the best time! One simple thing we like to do is stroll World Showcase in the evening...maybe with a drink in hand . Just being able to have a leisurely walk without worrying about where the kids are at is soooooo relaxing! On previous trip we did the Illuminations fireworks cruise but it is pricey!
Maybe plan a romantic dinner at a restaurant you wouldn't normally go with the kids??

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
My Grandpa
Mouseketeer

2 trips ago .... AFTER a week with the kids - they left and we stayed a few extra days by ourselves (these were 'adult' kids a grandson and his cousin). Think about an evening over on The Boardwalk. Dinner at Flying Fish (wonderful seafood) and then hanging out at Jelly Rolls. We love Epcot and every world pavilion is awesome when you get to walk slowly, absorb the displays and shops, and (as you are already anticipating) not having to count noses. Finally if you have not seen Cirque du Soleil ... Do It! Adults seem to appreciate the aristry and talent and joy far more then kids. Have Fun!!!!

PC April 2009
BWI 2005
AKL 2005
WL 1996
YC 1994
My Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
katemusical
Earning My Ears

My husband and I are going in June. I had heard that Artist's Point in Wilderness Lodge was a nice date night, since California Grill will still be closed. When I called and made the reservation, the operator said "Oh, that's my favorite romantic restaurant." So there you go.
katemusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katemusical View Post
My husband and I are going in June. I had heard that Artist's Point in Wilderness Lodge was a nice date night, since California Grill will still be closed. When I called and made the reservation, the operator said "Oh, that's my favorite romantic restaurant." So there you go.
It IS romantic ,but my wife and I were very disappointed with the dinner. Our server was wonderful,and we had a nice time
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I would suggest a splurge and go to Victoria and Albert's. There are only 46 restaurants in the entire United States that are rated as Five Diamond by AAA, and V&A is one of them. It is not only the food, but the entire experience. Check out www.victoria-alberts.com for lots of details.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
sabcook
Mouseketeer

I second the V&A suggestion. I have been lucky enough to go there three times and they count as the three best meals I have ever had.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katemusical View Post
My wife and I stayed at WL for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago and ate at Artist Point the first night. After dinner we took the boat over to Fort Wilderness for a carriage ride, and as it was finishing up we could see the fireworks through the trees. Nice evening! (BTW, if you order flowers to be delivered to your room from a local florist it's about half the cost of ordering from Disney).
SkywayGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
dianedisneylady
Earning My Ears

fllowers from a different florist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayGuy View Post
My wife and I stayed at WL for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago and ate at Artist Point the first night. After dinner we took the boat over to Fort Wilderness for a carriage ride, and as it was finishing up we could see the fireworks through the trees. Nice evening! (BTW, if you order flowers to be delivered to your room from a local florist it's about half the cost of ordering from Disney).
I thought you could only order from Disney florist if you were staying on Disney property... who would you recommend?
dianedisneylady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: