Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #61
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Since I've only taken my son on 1 trip so far we haven't established any traditions, but I'm sure pin trading will be his obvious one.

Doing F! dessert this time, hopefully that turns into a tradition as well ;-)

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877
awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #62
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
DD and I usually get in an argument and have to spend some alone time from one another. Not our best tradition, but it usually happens.
OMG this is awesome...we have a similar one with our kids that usually happens on day 2.
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #63
Dot2Vegas
DIS Veteran

Some of our traditions are:

Star Tours as the first ride (it is DH's favorite and since he drives us to Disney he gets first pick!)
Big Thunder Mountain at least once in the morning and once at night, every day that we are there (we were totally lost last trip with it being closed)
Lingering on Main Street every night as the park closes, enjoying either a Mickey ice cream or a churro.
Stop by Snow White's Wishing Well for a picture and a wish
Buying a mug before we leave
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #64
gregtheshark
Earning My Ears

We always have lunch since we usually arrive around noon. It's always French Market, and we always order Pomme Frit & French Onion soup. Our first ride is almost always Indiana Jones followed by a Mint Julep & The Haunted Mansion. We always get the Space Mountain ride photo. Dinner at Blue Bayou (near the rail) and Carthay Circle (near the pick up area) are always a magical tradition.

GTS

DLR & DCA 3 + times per year since 1999
Deluxe AP holder
Disney CM 99-01 (Disney.go.com)
Believer
gregtheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #65
ludari
DIS Veteran

Being local to Disneyland my parents took us as often as they could. Anyway, we would always go on Pirates, Haunted Mansion and a few other attractions that are no longer at Disneyland. As an adult I have to visit those same rides each time I visit because it reminds me of my parents.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #66
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

Our traditions:

We always start our trip with a lovely 5-day, 10 night cruise through the Jungle. I tried skipping it this last time, and DD started begging/whining! Apparently we can't do her favorite ride first, it must be Jungle Cruise before we can ride Indiana Jones!

Our first afternoon we must have a Dole Whip and visit the birdies.

I get a new bead for my Pandora bracelet.

DD and I get a new pin (that we never trade).

...And like a few others, we usually have a time-out on day 2. The happiest place on earth seems to give DD the "gimmies" and the gimmies gimmie a bad attitude!
J, 20yo (trips 1998, 2002)
C, 21yo (trips 1998, 2002)
Next trip: July, 2014!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #67
pikaboo27
I knew I could count on you!

We have a few:

1) always enter through the tunnel on the right.
2) always wait to look at the castle for the first time until we are exactly in the middle of the main street
3) take a picture in Fantasyland at the sword in the stone (we have pics of DH trying to pull it from DL, WDW, and DLP and we continue it now with DS)
4) always wave goodbye to the castle on our way out for the last time each trip

pikaboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #68
cohoman
Love Disneyland!

My kids know my "traditions" very well:

1) Eat a waffle cone ice cream
2) Eat a good brownie with coffee

From our recent trip last week, I've since added:

3) Eat a good cinnamon roll at the Pardise Pier Bakery Cafe
4) Get waffle cone ice cream from Clarabell's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shop

Very simple food-based traditions, but it's what I splurge on while on vacation!
cohoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #69
Caramel
Earning My Ears

We always leave on a Sunday and come back on a Saturday to (hopefully) take advantage of the less busy weekdays. On that same theme, we always pull the kids out of school and going during a relatively slow time.

We use itinerary software (Ridemax/Touring Plans) the first 1 - 3 days and then wing it the rest of the trip depending on what we really want to repeat or haven't seen yet.

Used to ride BTMRR at least 7 - 8 times each trip so we'll really miss that this upcoming trip. Splash Mountain during the day and at night.

I always bring some sort of Disney themed stuff to have in our room. One year it was princess and fairy pajamas. This year, Carsland themed toothbrushes and body wash.

We always line up early for early entry, even if that means getting up at 5:30am or so.

We do something different that will probably be a “one time” thing. Last year it was Bibbidi Bobbidi.

Stay onsite.

Our girls each get to pick out one souvenir. This year they have Build A Bears, so we’re bringing the bears and their “souvenir” this year will be going to BAB to buy bathing suits and sunglasses for their bears!

Going to a character breakfast our last morning before packing and heading off to the airport.
Caramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #70
Vala
DIS Veteran

We always visit Goofy's Kitchen on arrival night and go to Storyteller's for breakfast our last day. First Sunday of our visit I'm meeting all of my friends for a big group breakfast at Surf's Up.

First day in the parks I always make a beeline for Pixie Hollow if they let in already, if not it's straight off to Buzz - which is always the first ride anyway.

First break of the trip is traditionally at Coke Corner for a Cherry Coke. Delicious.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #71
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

Hubby ALWAYS says, "Let the spending begin!!!"

Carnation Cafe for loaded baked potato soup

People watching on Main Street

Watching the fireworks from lots of different locations

Making a trip to Pooh's Corner (for shortbread cookie) after riding Splash Mt.

Flag Retreat Ceremony

Listening to the Disneyland Band

Hunting for pins we want

Eating an Ice Cream Sundae (Ghirardelli's in DCA) for BREAKFAST!

And TONS of others!!!
Cheshirecatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #72
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

We don't have any for the Boo yet because her first trip is in June, but we ALWAYS share dinner so we can get ice cream, a churro, and a hot chocolate if it's cold or a soda if it's hot afterward!
lovebug33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #73
stubby
Mouseketeer

The girls and hubby always buy a new Disney park shirt and new ears each trip. We also always get a churro or two.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #74
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
For the last 35 years we have each gotten an enamel charm for our bracelets on every trip. Until this year, as they've been replaced with Pandora style bracelets. We are all super depressed about that.
Buy a pair of dangly earrings. The jeweller will turn them into a charm for your bracelet!
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #75
FreshBakedDisney
Mouseketeer

We go just about every week, but we do still have our traditions.

1) We make a wish somewhere in the park.
2) Coffee at the Market House
3) A ride on at least one of the Main Street vehicles.
FreshBakedDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: