Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #16
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

We're nomads. There are certain resorts that we like much better than others, but we also like variety. We try to never stay at the same resort 2 times in a row. Available discounts and pricing will usually determine where we end up, but special occasions give us the excuse to splurge on a deluxe that we haven't had the chance to stay at yet.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
geckodani
DIS Veteran

I think French Quarter is definitely my fav. In recent years I've only stayed at CSR and POFQ, but I stayed at the other moderates growing up. There's something really fun and charming about POFQ.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #18
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

For us, home is Contemporary or Bay Lake. Not because we fell in love with the resort itself (although Bay Lake was fabulous!), but because the walkway to MK is amazing for our family. We go to MK a lot and we've had some horrible experiences trying to get out of there at the end of the night (monorails breaking down and boats not running often - we got stuck in the turnstile area for two hours one night), so to be able to just leave and leisurely walk back to our hotel with the kids is an amazing experience.

That being said, I'm open to staying other places and I actually hope to in the future. Grand Floridian after Christmas decorations go up would be my #1 request. I'd also like to try out the Poly, Beach/Yacht Club, etc. But those will probably be when we are older and don't have little kids with us - or when we take a solo adult trip (which was in the cards for this November/December, but the arrival of our newest little one is changing that plan lol!).

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #19
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

It used to be the Poly, then we tried the Beach Club ... and WHAM-O, it became the Beach Club. We also stayed at and loved Port Orleans - Riverside and would happily stay there again. And then on our last trip, we sorta "cheated" on the BC and paid a visit to her classy sister next door and now we're diggin' the YC. Next trip is over at the Contemporary. Uh-oh.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #20
Maggie Lizer
DIS Veteran

For the price alone, our "home" has been CBR, mostly because when the good discounts come thru, POR is already booked but that is one I'd try, too. If I could get a good deal, I'd like to try Wilderness Lodge or AKL, but the deals are never good enough to tempt me away from a longer vacation (cheaper room at CBR means more days at WDW).

First trip with DS2 4/29 - 5/8/14.

Maggie Lizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #21
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

BLT is my favorite home away from home.

we like to stay there as our first choice.. 2nd is Animal Kingdom Kidani.

our goal is try and stay at all the DVC resorts... Boardwalk is the next place to try for Spring break.

we have stayed at a few other DVC properties and really liked them!! The Grand Californian was awesome!!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #22
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

We are very at home at AKL although im scared as soon as we stay at the Poly my DH wont want to stay anywhere else......
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

BLT or CR!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been hooked ever since!

2014 TRIPS: March BLT 1 BDRM TPV, Nov BLT 2 BDRM
NEXT TRIP: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
MrsBlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #24
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

So far... it is Disney's Polynesian Resort Concierge Level Lagoon View. But who knows, we are going to Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa Congress Park DTD view 2bedroom villa and it might be our new home.
Princess Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
robsmom
loved it so much we might go back

Love them all

I like to try different resorts and be in different areas. When DS was younger we liked to be in the MK area and really loved the WL, but our last trip was in 2009 and we loved the Yacht Club and all that the EPCOT area had to offer. We have stayed at WL, Poly, YC, AKL and offsite at Vistana. I try not to spend too much time traveling for dinner so I like to stick to Park Restaurants, downtown Disney or the resort and area I am in. We don't have a car when on site and I hate switching at DD to get to another hotel. Staying at the different resorts has allowed me to try many restaurants. We just started planning for the end of June and are leaning towards the EPCOT resorts. My first choice would be the Boardwalk or Beach Club, but all the resorts are so expensive for this time period. I am now looking at Swan/Dolphin as an option. We ate at Il Murino at the Swan in 2009 and love it.
Wilderness Lodge 7/05
Vistana 6/07
DCL 8/07
DCL, Wilderness Lodge, AKL 11/08
Yacht Club 11/09
robsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #26
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We are on a mission to stay at every resort so even if we find "the one", we may have to move on to try new things.

We have stayed at all of the values (except for AoA), CBR, and WL....we LOVED WL and could easily see that as being our Disney home. We just love everything about it.

But, we are staying at YC in April and we will see how we feel after that.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #27
dalayney
Mouseketeer

We leave sat. for 10 days at all star sports. We've been 2 other times, once at all star movies, and once in a timeshare off site.

For us and the way we "do disney", it seems like a big waste of $$ to spend $250-350/ night for a room, that we barely hang out in. We sleep, eat breakfast there, but are usually gone from rope drop till close. that's just us.

Now, if we spent more time at the resort? I think my heart would be all about bay lake towers. We went through the show one at the DVC club in the mall in Shaumburg. It was gorgeous.

Again, as we get older? There's a chance we will spend more on our room. I can see doing so, if we started going on a more regular basis. (like every other year) Now, we are fine and dandy w/the values.

January 2005 offsite
January 2007 ALL STAR MOVIES
Febuary/March 2013 ALL STAR SPORTS
Planning our first ever "no kids" WDW trip December 2015~
dalayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #28
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Our *home* is AKL.
We adore the Poly but our budget doesn't.
Someday we will stay at the Beach Club - It is a resort I have always wanted to try - and after all our stays I have never even stepped foot on BC property!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #29
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

For my solo trips, I love POR for a moderate resort (just take a peek at my signature. LOL).

If I feel like I have some money, I love WL for a deluxe on my solo trips.

That being said - I am currently booked at Pop for my next solo trip. I have to renew my AP so unless I really make some money selling stuff on ebay, I won't be able to afford to stay at POR. I'm going to miss it!

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #30
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Our second favorite is AKL. We love the theming, the savannah and the amazing restaurants. GF is always our first choice, but now that DS is an adult, we need two rooms which is kind of pricey. So, this year we are staying at BLT. The style isn't exactly us, but we like the idea of the extra space. My goal is to stay at every WDW resort. The others I am most curious about are YC and POR.
Grand Floridian 00, 01, 09 '11 12
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: