Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsal View Post
Perhaps because the "wish list" did not operate properly and if it had there would not have been anything to return?
Maybe, maybe not. We don't know what really happened.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #17
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
Why should you get shipping refunded? That is not Amazon's policy. Shipping is usually only refunded for defective items.

OP - yes, I have had this happen three times for defective items I wanted to return.
Because the wishlist didn't update as it is supposed to... so their error is what caused the duplicate items.

I didn't want the cost that people spent to ship it to me refunded... I just didn't want to essentially pay to return it...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #18
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seriously? I definitely only requested one copy of a movie... and the 2 folks did not buy them at the same time (my mom had already shipped the gifts to me before my husband went on and bought it for me). Not sure what you are getting at here... all I am saying is that I hope that the issue I experienced is not the norm. Kinda crappy to have to return gifts due to their error and get penalized for it too.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
grelca
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Seriously? I definitely only requested one copy of a movie... and the 2 folks did not buy them at the same time (my mom had already shipped the gifts to me before my husband went on and bought it for me). Not sure what you are getting at here... all I am saying is that I hope that the issue I experienced is not the norm. Kinda crappy to have to return gifts due to their error and get penalized for it too.
I don't think they were implying you were lying. Just that you don't necessarily know the exact process the buyers went through when purchasing the items. You can buy something and ship it to someone else as a gift without it registering from their wish list if you don't add it to your cart right from the item page that is linked from the wish list. If you browse a while and then go back to that item to buy it, or if you see it on the wishlist and then get to the item's page through other means (searching, whatever), even if you ship it to someone else as a gift, it won't be a wish list purchase.
grelca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #20
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelca View Post
I don't think they were implying you were lying. Just that you don't necessarily know the exact process the buyers went through when purchasing the items. You can buy something and ship it to someone else as a gift without it registering from their wish list if you don't add it to your cart right from the item page that is linked from the wish list. If you browse a while and then go back to that item to buy it, or if you see it on the wishlist and then get to the item's page through other means (searching, whatever), even if you ship it to someone else as a gift, it won't be a wish list purchase.
I am thinking about quitting the wishlist feature (or hiding it to just be a list for myself) because of their issues. It shouldn't be that difficult. I use it because I have a lot of out of town family and try to make things easier... and it helps amazon because then they get the business. But might go back to paper lists.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #21
Gr8t Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why should you get shipping refunded? That is not Amazon's policy. Shipping is usually only refunded for defective items.

OP - yes, I have had this happen three times for defective items I wanted to return.
Quote:
Wowsers ! Judgmental much?
Gr8t Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Yep, one of the kids ordered a book instead of an ebook by mistake, and they let us keep it, and refunded the money. I LOVE amazon!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
DawnM
Dawn

This has NEVER happened to me. I order a LOT from Amazon too.

Maybe I need to order a mattress and try to return it.

JUST KIDDING!

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsal View Post
Perhaps because the "wish list" did not operate properly and if it had there would not have been anything to return?
Wait! Are you saying that when something gets ordered off a wish list, it is supposed to disappear from the wish list?

So... I'm currently buying birthday gifts for my son for next month off of his Amazon wish list. Are you telling me that he can look at his wish list at any time and KNOW which items I've already bought him??

Gosh, that's pretty lame if that's true, lol.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #25
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Wait! Are you saying that when something gets ordered off a wish list, it is supposed to disappear from the wish list?

So... I'm currently buying birthday gifts for my son for next month off of his Amazon wish list. Are you telling me that he can look at his wish list at any time and KNOW which items I've already bought him??

Yes but there is a setting in there to hide what ppl bought within like 2 months of birthday/christmas. But yes they can see if they want to by turning this setting off or by going to the "purchased" section
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #26
DVCBELLE
Princess at Heart

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post

Its like a baby or wedding registry - the items come off as people buy them. That's a pretty standard process.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.

I have never been told to keep an item I tried to return.... but I did get a refund for a Kindle book I purchased one day and found my paperback copy two days later. Apparently there's a no questions asked return policy on ebooks within 7 days of purchase.

And yes, Amazon makes impulse purchases AMAZINGLY easy. There's a reason for that. I can almost smell the 100% Kona peaberry coffee beans I ordered yesterday afternoon that will be on my porch this evening...
Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #28
kellia
DIS Veteran

They did the same for me when I went to return some unopened swimming goggles I had ordered for my sons.
kellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
megsoro
Mouseketeer

Having been a prime customer for five years, this happens often. Once it was a small item, probably only a few dollars, so shipping it back was too much. Another was a backpack that once again because of its bulky size (it was a hiking bag) made it cost prohibitive to ship- things like that it is probably worth it to them to just refund your money and have you keep it!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #30
April7901
Mouseketeer

I've never had to pay return shipping to return an item to Amazon... before or after I became a Prime member.

I've also neer been told to keep an item, but I'll be looking forward to it
April7901 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: