Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
dalayney
Mouseketeer

Regular or Online check in?

I will also have a grocery order arrive at the front desk... (gardengrocer) and a stroller. I don't want to be any burden on the check in CM's... so would it be ok to do the online check in still? Or should I just stick w/a regular check in?

January 2005 offsite
January 2007 ALL STAR MOVIES
Febuary/March 2013 ALL STAR SPORTS
Planning our first ever "no kids" WDW trip December 2015~
dalayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Your grocery and stroller delivery are irrelevant to the check in process- they will be handled by baggage services, not guest registration.

Whether or not you do online check in is completely up to you. Its only purpose is to slightly speed up your actual, real check in by completing most of your paperwork in advance.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
dalayney
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much minimum.

January 2005 offsite
Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalayney View Post
Thank you so much minimum.
OY! You dropped something there!! Just kidding- but when you're 6 inches shorter than your children, you don't like being reminded.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

The best piece of advice I can give you regarding online check in is this -

If you have a room request that will make or break your vacation, do NOT do online check in. Check in at the front desk so you and the CM can go over the available inventory and select a room that best meets your needs.

If you don't have any particular room requests then doing online check in is fine. I've done it for every stay but one since they offered it (they wouldn't let us do it for opening day at BLT) and I have always had a room ready when I arrived and the rooms were in very convenient locations. I never felt I was getting the bottom of the barrel when it came to room assignments.

While you can change your room assignment after you've done online check in, it does take time. In fact, it takes as long or longer than if you'd waited and done regular check in in the first place. So far, I haven't had a reason to make a switch, but I've been in line behind people who have - not fun.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

I disagree with PP. We did online check in at our stay at the Contemporary and got every single one of our requests -- odd numbered room so the bed faces out to the MK, and as high up as possible without hitting concierge, and away from noise. We got all 3.

Plus the guy that checked us in, I'll just say we were glad we did it online so we went on our way sooner than later.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
dalayney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
The best piece of advice I can give you regarding online check in is this -

If you have a room request that will make or break your vacation, do NOT do online check in. Check in at the front desk so you and the CM can go over the available inventory and select a room that best meets your needs.

If you don't have any particular room requests then doing online check in is fine. I've done it for every stay but one since they offered it (they wouldn't let us do it for opening day at BLT) and I have always had a room ready when I arrived and the rooms were in very convenient locations. I never felt I was getting the bottom of the barrel when it came to room assignments.

While you can change your room assignment after you've done online check in, it does take time. In fact, it takes as long or longer than if you'd waited and done regular check in in the first place. So far, I haven't had a reason to make a switch, but I've been in line behind people who have - not fun.
I do have a big request. I would like football 7, on the backside of the building. (quiet part not facing the football field, as there will be cheerleaders the last weekend we're there..... oy! ) So, thinking maybe I'll just do regular check in. Let alone, I just tried to sign in, and it wouldn't let me... who knows. LOL.

January 2005 offsite
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
dalayney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
OY! You dropped something there!! Just kidding- but when you're 6 inches shorter than your children, you don't like being reminded.

I did, didn't I..... too funny!

January 2005 offsite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: