Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
KBrown88
Mouseketeer

BLT or AKV for Thanksgiving

Hi there! I am planning a trip for my 40th birthday with my family at Thanksgiving time! We have never been at Thanksgiving, but we have gone at Christmas. I know it will be busy. We plan on a split stay in a 1 bedroom at BLT and a 1 bedroom at AKV. Our dates are Nov 21- 29. I can't decide if I want to stay at BLT for the first half of our trip or the last part? Does it matter crowd wise? We have stayed at AKV before, but this will be our first time to stay at BLT. I need some help from the experts. TIA!
KBrown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

We went form Nov. 15 - 24 this past year for my 40th. We did the first 5 nights at VWL and the last 4 at AKV. it worked well for us because we spent more time at the parks at the front end of our trip. The last half, we went to the parks, but we're more relaxed and spent every afternoon relaxing poolside. It worked out well for us. It was a great 40th for me. You'll have a great time. Just a note on Thanksgiving dinner - we knew we wanted to be on Epcot and debated where to eat. We got 7:45 dinner reservations at Rose and Crown. We asked to be seated outside. It was a little cool, but they had space heaters so it was nice. We had the best view of Illuminations and the food was great.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
mouseclick1
DIS Veteran

I would also do BLT at the beginning. We have split BWV and AKV before, and liked ending trip at AKV. After a few busy days at BWV, it was nice to slow the pace down at AKV.
mouseclick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I would base it on your plans for those days.

For MK days (and Epcot), I would want to be staying at BLT. For AK days (or resort days) I would prefer to stay at AKV. I guess if you haven't picked the plans, you can just pick the resort then plan around it. In that case, I think I would stay at BLT first (when we have more energy to run around) and end up at AKV.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
KBrown88
Mouseketeer

Talking

Thank you all so much for your input! I was leaning toward BLT first and AKV the last half. You all just confirmed that is the best way to go. Thanks so much!
KBrown88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: