DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
dreaming4disney
Mouseketeer

Aulani for Christmas or summer 2014 ?

To celebrate our 20 year anniversary we would like to go to Aulani. I've always wanted to visit. We own at BLT so we would have to book at 7 months. My kids have a long holiday break this year so we could go this Christmas or next summer.
Of course all of the stars have to fall into place.

Will it be harder to get a 2BR during christmas break or summer(June)?
Is weather pretty consistent year round? Can we comfortably swim in winter?
Is it more crowded for the holiday season?

Am I missing anything else to consider?

Thanks for the input....
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
kmulldom
Earning My Ears

Oahu weather is always mild; heavy rains in Jan and Feb but otherwise always perfect and always swimming weather. Have stayed at Aulani twice: you'll love it! But I can't help you re: availability. Not having kids, we go in October.
kmulldom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
dreaming4disney
Mouseketeer

Anyone have an opinion of when it might be better to go to Aulani ??.

I have never been before and this would likely be our only trip to Hawaii for a long time(maybe our only trip). I want to go for our 20 anniversary with my 3 teens- other than airfare being higher during the holiday week, is there anything else we should consider when deciding on Christmas 2013 or June 2014????
We have BLT points so have to book at the 7 month mark.

I really want to go but it seems to be difficult to book at the 7 month mark-

Thanks for the help
Old 02-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

I think it sounded like Aulani was pretty full over the holidays this year but how many of those people booked at 7 months is anybody's guess. I have heard that the first 3 weeks of June are also hard to get because the points are lower. I don't know which type (size) of unit is hardest to get. So I would say you could always TRY to get in for Christmas when your 7 month window opens & maybe waitlist it for a little while if you need to (just don't buy airfare until you're "in"). Then if it doesn't come thru within a short time cancel the waitlist & try again for June.

I have never been in the winter - I think it's still nice but a little cooler than in the summer. I have been in late April/early May, July, Sept. (Labor Day) and in late-October. It was always gorgeous at all of those times.

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
dreaming4disney
Mouseketeer

Thanks. It seems like it might be more rainy in December- not sure if it busy with the holiday too - then again, June is probably pretty busy also

I guess I'm so anxious to see Hawaii and Aulani that I want to go as soon as I can . I wonder if the water is always warm enough to swim year round-
Old 02-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie
So I would say you could always TRY to get in for Christmas when your 7 month window opens & maybe waitlist it for a little while if you need to (just don't buy airfare until you're "in"). Then if it doesn't come thru within a short time cancel the waitlist & try again for June.
I agree with this.

While I have never been in Dec., I have been in Nov. I don't even recall getting more than a sprinkle. My friend and I laid out by the beach/pools everyday to work on our tans. It was always very warm.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: