Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #931
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

Has anyone created any pages using these cards? I would love to see some pics of actual PL layouts. Perhaps that needs to be a separate thread

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #932
DisMomme
Waiting to go to my WDW home again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drischar View Post
The travel journals that I was making for the 6 kids in our group are finished! Thanks in great part to the awesome cards on this thread. I use a digital scrapbook company because I have no idea how to use photoshop and don't even know if my computer would support it . Below is a link to my cruise journal (I removed our name and dates). I hope that it is ok to post it and I hope it works. I am in no way advertising for this company. Just simply want to share and express my gratitude for all of your help.

(Please remove if this link is inappropriate or does not follow guidelines.)

http://www.heritagemakers.com/projec...Sponsor=153068

Forgot to add...there are shaded boxes through the 9" x 6" booklet that are intended for a 2"x3" (or larger) picture to be added after we return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkluttrell View Post
Has anyone created any pages using these cards? I would love to see some pics of actual PL layouts. Perhaps that needs to be a separate thread
Try the link above. It is a beautiful journal and has given me inspiration for a book for our next trip
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #933
mduncan1
Mouseketeer

Love them! Thanks!! I think they look great without the lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggergalttfn View Post
Here is the Faves for MK and EP:

The lines didn't seem to look right on the card but if you want lines I can work it up. Still working on AK and DHS.
mduncan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #934
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drischar View Post
The travel journals that I was making for the 6 kids in our group are finished! Thanks in great part to the awesome cards on this thread. I use a digital scrapbook company because I have no idea how to use photoshop and don't even know if my computer would support it . Below is a link to my cruise journal (I removed our name and dates). I hope that it is ok to post it and I hope it works. I am in no way advertising for this company. Just simply want to share and express my gratitude for all of your help.

(Please remove if this link is inappropriate or does not follow guidelines.)

http://www.heritagemakers.com/projec...Sponsor=153068

Forgot to add...there are shaded boxes through the 9" x 6" booklet that are intended for a 2"x3" (or larger) picture to be added after we return.
Hi drischar - WONDERFUL!! Love seeing the cards in use! I am just starting to work on my Disney album as I really behind (story of my life) Once I have some done I will definitely share

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie View Post
Oh my! Thank you so much! This is far more amazing than I could have even imagined :')

Thank you for putting so much work into this!
Hi newlittleminnie - glad you like them! Did you want one for each princess listed in the poem? Would you like them to have different color backgrounds or do you want them all the same with the different princesses? Not sure how you are wanting to use them!?!?

Quote:
I would definitely love to see other people's uses of the cards. I am just starting to work on my Disney album and when I have some of it to share I would post pics here.

2nd trip Dec 2013 were scheduled for Caribbean Beach and were upgraded to Grand Floridian - pretty swanky

3rd trip Sept 2015 - It's official going to celebrate my 40th birthday at Disney!

tiggergalttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #935
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I would like to use a few of these for my August trip...I keep a journal while I am gone and this may add just the pixie dust I am hoping to add to the trip I didn't see AK there one for there? I may have missed it or it didn't come up...thank you

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #936
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
I would like to use a few of these for my August trip...I keep a journal while I am gone and this may add just the pixie dust I am hoping to add to the trip I didn't see AK there one for there? I may have missed it or it didn't come up...thank you
If you go over to the display thread here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072096

There is quite a lot for AK ..... look on post #3, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade #4, Tusker House on #33, #59, #63

Enjoy!

2nd trip Dec 2013 were scheduled for Caribbean Beach and were upgraded to Grand Floridian - pretty swanky

3rd trip Sept 2015 - It's official going to celebrate my 40th birthday at Disney!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #937
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Quote:
If you go over to the display thread here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072096

There is quite a lot for AK ..... look on post #3, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade #4, Tusker House on #33, #59, #63

Enjoy!
There's a thought... I think I might see if I can rustle up a rough index for that thread, and I can update it as new cards are added
Tokyo - Offsite (2001 - just in time for DisneySea!)
Hong Kong - Offsite (2005)
Still to do: The oldest & the newest... Disneyland & Shanghai!
pixiesprite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #938
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Quote:

Enjoy!
Apologies.... I've rearranged some of my earlier posts in order to fit in the index so.... two of the posts mentioned above have been moved. Post 3 with AK is now Post 6, and post 4 with the parades is now on the last page, post 100
Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #939
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Thank you so very much!!!! I love these

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #940
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

****** Hi all, A very basic INDEX has been added to the completed cards thread - post #3 over there http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072096

Please pop over and take a look! I decided that the most straightforward way to do it was to literally make a list just listing the contents of every post on the thread. Trying to combine the cards into themes or sections would be waaaay too much work and really messy to keep updated. So this way as new cards get added to the thread it is a very simple and quick matter to update the index

So people can read through that list to find what they want or browse the thread as normal, whichever they prefer. The post numbers are linked to the posts for ease of finding stuff Should keep things nice and orderly-ish

Hope you all like it! Please feel free to suggest suggestions/changes, thank you kindly
Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #941
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesprite View Post
****** Hi all, A very basic INDEX has been added to the completed cards thread - post #3 over there http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072096

Please pop over and take a look! I decided that the most straightforward way to do it was to literally make a list just listing the contents of every post on the thread. Trying to combine the cards into themes or sections would be waaaay too much work and really messy to keep updated. So this way as new cards get added to the thread it is a very simple and quick matter to update the index

So people can read through that list to find what they want or browse the thread as normal, whichever they prefer. The post numbers are linked to the posts for ease of finding stuff Should keep things nice and orderly-ish

Hope you all like it! Please feel free to suggest suggestions/changes, thank you kindly
Pixiesprite - thank you so much for doing that!! Looks great! I know I have to say I thought about rearranging my Photobucket account for different folders as well but then thought I would have to redo all the links on the other thread and and would mess up the links on this thread as well so I decided against it lol

Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #942
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Quote:
I know I have to say I thought about rearranging my Photobucket account for different folders as well but then thought I would have to redo all the links on the other thread and and would mess up the links on this thread as well so I decided against it lol
Lol, I thought of doing the same but the thoughts of redoing all those links Plus I think it's more fun for people to be able to wander through them all in one go
Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #943
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Newlittleminnie, I noticed when I was doing the index that your lovely filler cards are broken on the completed cards thread. The original ones are there but your newer ones have disappeared! Poor dumbo
Old 05-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #944
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Me again! Just thinking, I often add new cards to old posts on the completed cards thread if they fit nicely in an existing post. I know other people do the same so in terms of keeping the index up to date.... When you add cards to an existing post over there can you just put a wee note on this thread to say where you put them so I can update the index. Just a "cards added to post 34" type note would be perfect. If you just add the cards as a completely new post over there then no need to do that as I'll see it in my notifications. Thank you muchly
Old 05-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #945
joyvrolyat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have. I printed one that says we are sailing with lines and one with that says keep calm and go on a Disney Cruise. I will try to take a picture and post it if you would like me to.
joyvrolyat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: