Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #16
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Some pirate, fairy & princess cards added
hmmmm.... what else would be fun?
Tokyo - Offsite (2001 - just in time for DisneySea!)
Hong Kong - Offsite (2005)
Still to do: The oldest & the newest... Disneyland & Shanghai!

Last edited by pixiesprite; 02-26-2013 at 10:50 AM.
pixiesprite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
Tigger i luv DISNEY
DisBoards has helped me... so i finally decided to JOIN and post away to help others

... I love these... I don't use the Project for Life style but I may print these just as journal squares for my scrapbook...

I'd love to see some generic park ones
HS
Epcot
AK
MK

and some of the special events - The Lion King, Finding Nemo (shows at AK), Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones and Lights cars Action at HS...

I would also love some for the dining places (Ohana, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Askerhus)

Maybe some for the Parade... with just the parade name and clipart (Block Party Bash, Celebrate A dream, Jammin Jungle Party)?

What about one about Autographs?

Just some thoughts! To keep the creative juice flowing
Tigger i luv DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
PebblesMom
Mouseketeer

You all are so creative! I love these! Thank you all for doing this!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #19
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger i luv DISNEY View Post
I'd love to see some generic park ones
HS
Epcot
AK
MK
Tigger i luv DISNEY, I've added some cards for the 4 main parks to photobucket, I will add the water parks etc. to my to-do list Great ideas... I'll get working on some more of your suggeestions, this is helping me get my stash organised for our holiday too - I ran out of ideas for cards!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #20
Iloveeliot
DIS Veteran

Question for a current DISigner

I would be happy to make some cards with specific characters if people would like. I wasn't sure if all of the above requests have already been filled. Maybe we should start a Disney Project Life Request thread or something so others can see it. I wasn't sure if it is ok to just post a request thread since I'm not really a DISigner. Does anyone know?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #21
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer

Pixiesprite - Those are really cute! Thanks for sharing! What size are they 3 x 4?

2nd trip Dec 2013 were scheduled for Caribbean Beach and were upgraded to Grand Floridian - pretty swanky

3rd trip Sept 2015 - It's official going to celebrate my 40th birthday at Disney!

tiggergalttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:19 AM   #22
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggergalttfn View Post
Pixiesprite - Those are really cute! Thanks for sharing! What size are they 3 x 4?
Ah thanks, delighted you like them

Yup, 3x4. They're all 900x1200 pixels, I made them at 300dpi so they'll be 3x4 on a regular 12x12 digiscrapping page, or if you are printing them to use in real life, you can print them at 3x4 (should do it automatically if you select 300dpi or 100%, just check if your program defaults to print at 72dpi, they will come out huge)

Just about to add some water park ones
Old 02-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #23
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

No idea about DISigning :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeliot View Post
I would be happy to make some cards with specific characters if people would like. I wasn't sure if all of the above requests have already been filled. Maybe we should start a Disney Project Life Request thread or something so others can see it. I wasn't sure if it is ok to just post a request thread since I'm not really a DISigner. Does anyone know?
Characters would be great to have! I have no idea how the DISining threads work, hopefully one of the DISigners will pop in and let us know I was thinking of doing parades for Tigger i luv DISNEY & the rides in Animal Kingdom next, I keep wandering off on tangents as a new idea catches my eye!

What do you reckon.... journaling lines or not on cards? I can't decide
Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #24
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesprite View Post
Characters would be great to have! I have no idea how the DISining threads work, hopefully one of the DISigners will pop in and let us know I was thinking of doing parades for Tigger i luv DISNEY & the rides in Animal Kingdom next, I keep wandering off on tangents as a new idea catches my eye!

What do you reckon.... journaling lines or not on cards? I can't decide
I am working on a few as well - I think I am going to do a mixture of with lines and without.... I like the idea of different options and looks for multiple layouts.

I don't think it is a problem to post the cards you make here - I think we have kind of started our own Project Life/Journal card thread

2nd trip Dec 2013 were scheduled for Caribbean Beach and were upgraded to Grand Floridian - pretty swanky

3rd trip Sept 2015 - It's official going to celebrate my 40th birthday at Disney!

tiggergalttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #25
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Have added a couple of parade journal cards.. Main Street Electrical (must make a Spectro one too), Electrical Water Pageant, Wishes (had to borrow a different logo from a Disney CD, couldn't find an actual Wishes logo... but it looks nice!), Fantasmic & Jammin' Jungle. The night time ones are on black... will look very cool on digi layouts, but dunno how you'll write on them in the real world.. maybe a gel pen?

I've also done a lined version of each, it's hard to gauge the line spacing knowing they'll be used in digi & with real handwriting - my handwriting fits but it is quite small, anyhoo I've made them so you can comfortably fit a 12pt font on them without looking too squished. Would be delighted to hear any thoughts on the spacing

Also... feel free to add your own lines to any I have already made if you are downloading them or if you would like me to add lines to specific ones just let me know!

I'll add my photobucket account to my sig now I think to may it easier to locate

More parades to come later!

Last edited by pixiesprite; 02-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #26
Iloveeliot
DIS Veteran

Just a quick note to say I am making plain lined cards with a character on them today. They are super quick to make so I'll do a bunch.
Any requests for specific characters on lined cards let me know and they will be done today 2/27. Already did the pooh characters I will post them later today.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #27
Tigger i luv DISNEY
DisBoards has helped me... so i finally decided to JOIN and post away to help others

These look amazing... thanks guys! I would say yes - we have our own thread so just post your cards

Looking forward to seeing the character ones!
Tigger i luv DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #28
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Looking forward to your character cards Iloveeliot Post them on the thread for all to see!

If you edit your first post can you change the title of the thread to include "inviting requests" or something similar then people might pop in and give us ideas Or is the title unchangeable I wonder?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #29
pixiesprite
Singing a happy song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger i luv DISNEY View Post
and some of the special events - The Lion King, Finding Nemo (shows at AK), Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones and Lights cars Action at HS...

I would also love some for the dining places (Ohana, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Askerhus)

Maybe some for the Parade... with just the parade name and clipart (Block Party Bash, Celebrate A dream, Jammin Jungle Party)?

What about one about Autographs?

Just some thoughts! To keep the creative juice flowing
Just checking back... These are our current requests...

I have a few more parades to finish for the parade part of the request. What would be a good way to work requests? Do we post to "claim" a request or just post once we have finished the card? Hmmm... Duplication might be fun as then we'd have lots to play with but we could end up confusing ourselves I can volunteer to do occasional posts on this thread in bright bold text to update any outstanding requests & close off any completed ones if that would be helpful?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #30
Iloveeliot
DIS Veteran

I completely edited the first post to say we are taking requests and explaining the purpose of the cards. I am thinking of making a Disney World page with my protectors using pictures from my last trip and adding it to the first post so people can see an example. Please read through the first post and tell me if it makes sense and if any changes should be made.

As far as how to know what requests have been filled my idea was if you fill all or part of a request make the first line of the post in which you are filling it:
"Request in post 29 filled in full" or "request in post 33 Pooh only filled" I can then edit the first post to show what has been filled.

Also maybe if you are going to work on a request, you can post:
"Working on request in post 15." I can add that to the first post as well so it is easy for people to see what has already been done and we aren't duplicating requests.

Please let me know what you think before I go ahead and start doing this. If someone has an easier suggestion please just post it.

I'm not sure if we will have tons of requests and I'll have to keep checking this thread to edit the first post or if this won't even be necessary.

Should we start a new thread with cards already created only that we can all add to and not have any other posts in or requests? I think that may be a good idea. If you are interested in doing that let me know and I can start that thread or someone else can if they want.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: