Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #166
arthropodtodd
Mouseketeer

Like everyone else I cannot stand the "I will never go back" people. When they book a vacation to Mexico, do they just show up there and not plan anything? Or how about when driving to Yellowstone? No thoughts and what they might want to do and see there? We are going to LA in june and we are planning and studying what we can do out there besides a quick trip to DL.

I get the wanting to sleep in, it is a vacation. But if I am spending money where there is stuff to do, I am doing to as much as of it as I can. We just plan a lazy or day or two, and by lazy I mean showing up 30 minutes after RD.

However, I do fault Disney with part of this. 180 days for ADRs is silly, always has been. I was okay with 90, but it really should be 45 to 60 at the most. People can be too busy with their lives to plan a trip (which park which day) to plan meals that far out. (I also do think that people staying on resort should get to book first, even if only 10 days ahead of the rest of the public). Also when most of your marketing materials just focus on rides with families and meeting characters, it is easy for the uniformed to think of Disney as just a nicer, bigger Six Flags. They used to market less the "experience" and market the idea of a being a destination, which means "we are bigger than you can imagine, might want to read up a little so you can have a good time."

WL 2004 - Wedding and Honeymoon there
WL - 2006
WL - 2009
CR - 2011
WL - 2012
WL Club Level - 2013
WL - 2014 -Summer

Coming next:
POP & AKL 2014 - Winter

In the pipe:
2015 - fall
2016 - fall
arthropodtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #167
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

By the way I never get pin codes and I've tried everything. I guess they figure I will come without one so they don't bother sending me one. And they're right. I always show up without a pin code!
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #168
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

My SIL that likes to one up everyone is at it again. Because we are going in October and taking the kids out of school she thinks she can irk us by going over Christmas because, then she doesn't have to take her kids out of school. She doesn't like to do much planning and prefers to wing it. I told her in my best poker face to have a good time.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #169
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
My SIL that likes to one up everyone is at it again. Because we are going in October and taking the kids out of school she thinks she can irk us by going over Christmas because, then she doesn't have to take her kids out of school. She doesn't like to do much planning and prefers to wing it. I told her in my best poker face to have a good time.
Thanks for this morning's good laugh!!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #170
Jessica14
DIS Veteran

This thread (which I admit I skimmed) reminded me of two things.

The first is the second trip our family took. I had found the Dis and was really planning well. My DH is not a Disney person but we got free dining and I set him up in good restaurants, so he did not complain. However, the second day he said, as I was planning for EMH the following morning, "I'm not rushing tomorrow. It's my vacation." To which I said, "Well, I have planned this out for months and the rest of us will be there when the park opens. Come join us when you are ready. Just get on the bus (we drove that year)." He decided to get up and we had a pretty easy AM at MK!

The next story is recent. My friend is a teacher with three kids 5, 3, and 1. She hasn't been to WDW since her college days when she was a CM at ToT. Her plan is to go during Christmas and she wants to stay at the Poly looking towards the MK. I told her she would really need a plan and I ran some numbers for her. I also mentioned she might want to deal with the heat and go the third week in August instead. She appreciated it and didn't realize anyone actually went to the parks on Christmas day. I sent her some websites, books to read, and some prices and figure they can determine the rest. If it ends up a crazy trip (though I think they can make anything fun), I can say I tried.

Jessica
2010:POFQ 12/11-12/17:
2011: Santa took us to POP!

My Blog: A Woman's Pause www.jessicajudd.blogspot.com
Jessica14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #171
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad
Lol that's great!
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: