Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #151
Vincent405
Mouseketeer

Spring Break

[QUOTE=allmydisneydreams;47576433]These stories are cracking me up

I've tried to help people, but they sort of act like I'm nutso so I keep my planning obsession to myself (most of the time). I guess I am a bit nutso, I have our Spring Break park days planned out in detail, in order (yes, OK, down to the minute - at least for those ever important first two hours). I did mention to someone at work that I did this and she said - you need to relax and consider what will happen if your plans don't work - to which I replied that I have back up plans - and back up-back up plans. I think she thinks I'm insane.

Would you be willing to share, through e mail or pm, you Spring Break park planning? We are thinking of a trip next year for Spring break. Thx either way.
Vincent405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #152
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I really think that some people are just Disney lovers and some will never be, no matter how much prep work they put into it.

My best friend went last year for the first time with her husband and 3 kids. I offered help and she didn't really ask questions. I was worried that she'd hate it. They were going in August too.

She loved it. We were both born in 1971 so when we turn 50 (2021) , she wants us to both go for a birthday trip.

On the other hand, the friend that followed all of the "rules" liked it OK, but doesn't want to go back.
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #153
Barahona6
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Just to answer a few questions...

BBF= best bosom friend...
Anyone who has read Anne of green gables, knows what I meant ;-) , and anyone who hasn't... It's a VERY good read...

>>>>Popping a pin code..

What has ALWAYS worked for me.. ( and I offer to do this for her, on her disney account)

1. about 12-9mo. Before our trip I would go every 3 days a save a vacations offer..
The next time I would put in a different hotel.. Then maybe add the dinning plan, just keep Changing little things, and saving them..

2. I order my DVD at around 6-7mo..
3. Book all my dinging the week of 180days..
4. Call WDW.. Ask them for price quotes! (A CM told me this one)
Don't call more then once every 2-3 weeks tho.. Disney can see how many times you have called to ask about those dates..

I forgot to order maps for up coming trip- but still got a pin code.. So I'm not sure if they are still using that to pick people..

Also look up when disney releases offers to the public... Info can be found on mouse savers.com
Disney has normally set me out pin codes about 1month BEFORE they release offers to the public..
But my pin code normally is a 5%-10% better savings on room offers, or FD!
There is no point wasted time if they have already released offers for your dates.. I've NEVER gotten a pin code, after the public has a offer for my dates..

>>>>> and that's pin code popping 101! ;-)

And to be clear I asked if my BBF wanted help.. She said YES!
I asked if she would just like me to plan it and hand her a sheet, that she can follow.. (My friends normally love this) b/c I give them options if they need to adjust it! :-)
She said no.. B/c she thought it would asking to much of me...

There was no convincing her that I LOVE to do that!!
Thank you for explaining! I was wondering and hoping to get it "dumbed" down for me! You are now my Disney saving hero!

Me DH Neko(12) Blake(8) T-Rex(6) Rosa(2)
Barahona6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #154
Gamegrl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
I heard "I'm bored" from my 7 year old drama queen while we were at WDW. I said, "OK, we'll leave and go back to the hotel and go home tomorrow." That put an end to that quickly.
Terrific way to handle it - I love it! haha. You're a good mom.

Ugh, if it was my kid, then instead of WDW, the next trip I'd take the kid on would be like a mission trip to a foreign country that had some extreme poverty and we'd serve the poor...people who don't have clean water, enough food, or the opportunity to go to school safely on a regular basis, let alone WDW!
Gamegrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #155
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahona6

Thank you for explaining! I was wondering and hoping to get it "dumbed" down for me! You are now my Disney saving hero!
I keep my cape under my Mickey ears! ;-)

On our 1st couple trips didn't know how to pop a pin code, then when I went looking it I just kept trying everything..

Keeping what I had done and the order I did it in... In my disney note book..

After 3-4 trips with a pin code we noticed a trend...
I'm to sure exactly what makes them send them... But I do know last year we skipped our annual trip to WDW (we were going to DL this time)
I got 4 pin codes For WDW!! Without doing anything..

DH said they knew we weren't coming this year, and are trying to change are minds

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #156
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseaddictoldschool View Post
but whenever coworkers or friends say they can't believe we go so much and that they're never going back, I say..."good".

after the puzzled look, I reply.."one less person in line in front of me. Thanks for thinking of me!"
I wish the board has a like button
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #157
SA mom
DIS Veteran

My 12 year old daughter and I were talking about this thread. She reminded me of a time we were talking vacation plans with friends:

Other Mom: You're going to Disney again?

Me: Yes, it's been a couple of years. We went to Wyoming last year. (See, we do go other places.)

OM: It must be nice to be able to afford to go to Disney so often.

Other daughter: Maybe we can't go to Disney, but we did get Hannah Montana tickets. They cost $120 each! (Said this in a way to provoke envy knowing we would never spend that much on a concert.)

My daughter: You do know that is about 2 days at Disney World, right?

Other Mom & Daughter: Oh.

What I wanted to say: Yes, I know you can't afford a Disney vacation, but you can afford $150 a month membership to that health club you never go to. Just sayin'.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #158
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnierocks View Post
LoL! This is why I love the disboards...people who can appreciate my craziness!
Yes no doubt, and thats also what I love about these kind of threads. We are all on the same side of the equation. We're in the Disney know (to differing degrees). We get it and we know how to do it.

The other day my niece asked me how my DD & DS both got into Disney College. Her father, my brother sarcastically said "We'll, first of all you have to vacation at WDW for 20 years in a row!" I just smiled like the cat that ate the canary because none of my extended family gets it. In the meantime, me and mine continue to have an awesome vacation year after year.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Last edited by Bullseye; 03-07-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #159
angela25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
I'm a HUGE disney person, like most here..
When I hear a friend is planning a disney trip, I offer to help. If they want it..
For those that let me help them, and LISTEN to what i tell them it turns out great.. And for those that don't..

Well this is how the conversation has gone with my BBF after the last three times she has gone!

BBF: IM NEVER GOING BACK!
Me. Why? What happened? ( I never should have asked)

1. It was VERY hot!
ME: when did you go?
BBF: Uuuuh.. of 1st week of July..

2. was to expensive
ME: did you do what I suggested to pop a pin code?
BBB: Uuuuuh.. No I got busy
Me: Well did you, check the special offer page before you booked online?
BBF: Uuuuh.. I forgot
Me: Well did you call an ask?
BBF:The wait on the phone was to long.. Me: how long BBF: 5 min..

3. It Was to crowded!
Me: When did you go again?
BBf: 1st week of July..
Me: Well did you make it to RD?
BBF: No, we wanted to sleep in.. It is a vacation..

4. There were no places to eat!
ME: did you get your ADRs at 180 days..
BBF: I don't know what I want to eat 180 day in advance!!
BBf: We ate hamburgers the whole time we were there..
Me: Did you take the list I gave you on good places to get something to eat?
BBF: No, I left it in the hotel room..

5. Food was REALLY expensive
BBF:I spent over $65 just on lunch for my family of 4..
Me: where was the list of good places to eat again?
BBF: in the hotel room..

This went on and on for over 3 hours!!!
The she was trying to convince me that I should cancel my upcoming trips.. And go somewhere else!
I know she is my BBF, but I will never understand why people make things harder then they really are!!

How does everyone deal with people like this? Without ruining a friendship..

But I will take your advice! How do I try to get a pin code?
angela25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #160
katt789
DIS Veteran

I definitely have friends like this, and a lot of people who don't understand why or how I go as often as I go. Even when situations like yours happen, I kinda just shrug my shoulders and let it go, if they're not listening to your advice, it's their own choice! Lawl.

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #161
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
My 12 year old daughter and I were talking about this thread. She reminded me of a time we were talking vacation plans with friends:

Other Mom: You're going to Disney again?

Me: Yes, it's been a couple of years. We went to Wyoming last year. (See, we do go other places.)

OM: It must be nice to be able to afford to go to Disney so often.

Other daughter: Maybe we can't go to Disney, but we did get Hannah Montana tickets. They cost $120 each! (Said this in a way to provoke envy knowing we would never spend that much on a concert.)

My daughter: You do know that is about 2 days at Disney World, right?

Other Mom & Daughter: Oh.

What I wanted to say: Yes, I know you can't afford a Disney vacation, but you can afford $150 a month membership to that health club you never go to. Just sayin'.
Where IS that LIKE button
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #162
ponyboy
Gun slingin DW lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
We get this all the time too, as we are going twice this year people think we are EXTRA crazy now. My DH told them at work that we are going to Boston in the summer too, and one guy said "OOHHH did they build a Disney there too??? Is that why you are going there???"

Super Annoying!!! This is why I like the Dis.

You think he gets it bad?

I own a business that sells firearms, silencers, night vision and all kinds of other fun stuff. I also run a big hunting website, and I'm heavily involved in the hunting industry. I've been on Animal Planet and several other TV shows about animals and hunting including catching rattlesnakes with my bare hands and wrestling wild hogs and hog tying them with rope. I'm 6'2" 275lbs and it's been months since I've shaved or had my hair cut and I'm starting to look like one of the guys off Duck Dynasty.

Imagine how bad I get it when people hear that I'm going back to Disney World again
Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #163
Saskiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy

You think he gets it bad?

I own a business that sells firearms, silencers, night vision and all kinds of other fun stuff. I also run a big hunting website, and I'm heavily involved in the hunting industry. I've been on Animal Planet and several other TV shows about animals and hunting including catching rattlesnakes with my bare hands and wrestling wild hogs and hog tying them with rope. I'm 6'2" 275lbs and it's been months since I've shaved or had my hair cut and I'm starting to look like one of the guys off Duck Dynasty.

Imagine how bad I get it when people hear that I'm going back to Disney World again
LOL - I LOVE seeing guys like you at Disney!!! I was trying to explain to non-Dis friends last night that people-watching at Disney properties is the best ever! Its one of the many reasons we keep making the trek all the way from New Zealand: entire families in tie dye T-shirts, little girls tricked out in full princess kit, 250 lb guys in Mickey ears, everybody gettin their Disney-geek on- we love it!! dont ever stop!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #164
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

I was at Disney World in early Feb for a week. We ate 2 table service meals, and the rest were all at counter service places. Not once did we eat a hamburger. We ate things like sweet and sour chicken, taco salads, tabbouleh, couscous, smoked salmon and sushi. All from counter service.

So, your friend must have preferred hamburgers, if that's all she ate.
Iforgetmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #165
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

I "assisted" a friend in her Wdw planning a few years ago. She didn't want to plan much because she didn't want go be on a schedule. However,she did agree to plan a few adrs. She Admitted that was the best decision she made because it was nice to know that after a busy day in the parks that they had a place they could go sit down and enjoy a good meal. They are a family of 5 and she realized it would've been difficult to get in a TS restaurant without any adrs.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: