Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
koquinn
Mouseketeer

DME Luggage Tag Question

Hey all - leaving Thurs afternoon and staying at GFL. Just realized they only sent us 2 luggage tags; we're taking DME & have 3 suitcases. It says in the DME book to call for extras at least 2wks in advance. Oops. Never even counted them before because we've always gotten 2 per person! So now what? They're closed for the night, kinda freaking out right now. Any suggestions?? Will the bags be on the regular carousel with the others from our flight and could we grab one of the 3??
koquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

Dme

You could grab the extra none marked bag. How ever on several trips I did not get my tags in time. So when I went to the Desk at DME I let them know and the took the tag info from the regular Bag Stub and I recieved my bag with no problem.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
koquinn
Mouseketeer

Think they'd let us just take all 3 bags on the bus with us? We're not getting in till 8:30 and I hate the idea of getting my luggage at midnight. Tempted to just get it myself but don't want to be denied boarding if they won't let us bring it along.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by koquinn View Post
Think they'd let us just take all 3 bags on the bus with us? We're not getting in till 8:30 and I hate the idea of getting my luggage at midnight. Tempted to just get it myself but don't want to be denied boarding if they won't let us bring it along.
Going to baggage claim and bringing your bags onto DME is always an option. The driver will load them under the bus for you. I know a ton of people who prefer to do this no matter what time they arrive so that they have their bags with them right away.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Remember to tip when the driver handles your luggage.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr
Remember to tip when the driver handles your luggage.
When we used magic express in November, the bus was 3/4 full going to BLT, GF, and Wilderness Lodge. We were the only ones who tipped and a lot of those people had their luggage with them. Why are people so frugal but yet can afford to stay Deluxe?
sheilanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne View Post
When we used magic express in November, the bus was 3/4 full going to BLT, GF, and Wilderness Lodge. We were the only ones who tipped and a lot of those people had their luggage with them. Why are people so frugal but yet can afford to stay Deluxe?
I think it's more that they don't realize they should be tipping. Most places in the US, tipping just isn't that common for anything other than wait staff.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
koquinn
Mouseketeer

Cool, I think we'll just bring it along then. I find it ironic that we have more suitcases than we do when we bring the 3 kids, but we need dress clothes this time around so the dress bag is going. Oh well! Thanks all!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I think it's more that they don't realize they should be tipping. Most places in the US, tipping just isn't that common for anything other than wait staff.
I have to agree; I think most people think that the bus drivers are not a tipping position, although some will indicate or have a sign that "tips are appreciated."

I remember a cruise I took on a line I will not mention, but they have made it affordable for everyone to go on a cruise. I had only been on RC and Disney, so it was quite a shock when everyone had their hand out for a tip. The bus driver who took us to the port, the guy who took our bags from the port bus to the concrete pavement just outside the ship and finally the porter who screamed at us that if we didn't tip at least $5.00, we weren't going to see our bags show up in our cabin at all that week; they were staying on the dock.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: