Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
PA Disneymania
Mouseketeer

Dr. prescribed formula for child sent to resort?

My nephew needs to be on a feeding tube throughout the night. My brother-in-law wants to FedEx the liquid to CBR for our June ressie rather than deal with the airlines. However, they are concerned about what will happen to the shipment until we arrive. (They will ship it so that it arrives a day or two before we arrive.) Has anyone had any experience with shipping special foods or beverages to a WDW resort? I suggested calling CBR and speaking to them directly, but I am curious as to anyone's experiences good or bad? Thanks.
PA Disneymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Disneymania View Post
My nephew needs to be on a feeding tube throughout the night. My brother-in-law wants to FedEx the liquid to CBR for our June ressie rather than deal with the airlines. However, they are concerned about what will happen to the shipment until we arrive. (They will ship it so that it arrives a day or two before we arrive.) Has anyone had any experience with shipping special foods or beverages to a WDW resort? I suggested calling CBR and speaking to them directly, but I am curious as to anyone's experiences good or bad? Thanks.
You cannot call the resort directly. Calls are routed to a central call center that answers as if they are in the resort.

There is a sticky at the top of the board called "shipping to your resort" which details all the things you need to know about sending a package to CBR, especially it it needs to be refrigerated.
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

As long as the formula is in his checked luggage and not his carry-on they won't have any trouble with the airline. Don't have any experience with shipping to the resorts though, sorry If it was that important I'd want to have it with me.

11/14 OKW ~ 2/13 POP ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 POP ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips (I've lost track!)
meowmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
PA Disneymania
Mouseketeer

Thanks for responding so quickly. I will pass on the information.
PA Disneymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

My son has to have special formula and we we always carry a days worth in a carry on and then put the rest in the checked bag. As long as the TSA knows that it is for a medical need they will not have any trouble taking a smaller amount through. The formula in the checked bag will be fine, but any onther medication ( liquid or not) should be packed in a carry on. It will not count toward the carry on limit. The feeding supplies should also be carried on so they do ot get damaged.
POR 2011
POR 2013
jmartinez1895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

They probably store it in a closet at bell services until arrival. Make sure you have the arrival date and reservation number on the package.

MaleficentRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Thinking more about this, are you renting a car? If so, it may be less stressful to call CVS or Walgreens close to CBR and ask if they carry it. Then get a new presciption and pick it up there.

MaleficentRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
SAT887
DIS Veteran

We usually ship baby items, diapers, snacks to our resorts. I have used the info off the shipping sticky with no issues! They generally hand you the package at check in. I always include our arrival date, reservation #, name of the primary reservation holder. Also, use UPS and not USPS.

I have also checked and carried on formula, as long as it was baby/toddler food I have never had an issue. This year we also had a "foodcase" checked, and while the TSA inspected it, they did do anything to the stuff (open etc).
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Also to add- some pharmacies do deliver to the resorts and it was a painless process! Our Dec trip my mom needed heart medication delivered.
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: