Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
planning
Earning My Ears

1 Restaurant during our visit....which one????

We're staying off-site and not doing any character meals, but my wife and I decided to splurge one time and do something neat for dinner one night.

We have 3 boys (5 and 2x12 year olds), so I'm trying to figure out which place they would like best. I only know of two options, but if you've got info about other places let's hear 'em! Wherever we go we'll be paying cash for them, so we're not limited to Disney Dining Options (but we're not opposed to them if they really cool, either)

T-Rex - I've heard a lot of great things about this place and this is probably what we'll end up picking. As a bonus, my brother-in-law and his family are flying in Wednesday night (we get there on Monday) and they have the dining plan, so we could meet up with them for dinner at T-Rex after they get off the plane and have a nice meal with them.

Sharks Underwater Grill (Sea World) - We've got 3 day park hoppers and 14 days at Sea World/Aquatica. My wife loves seafood and everyone says this place has a lot of atmosphere. We wouldn't get to bring my brother-in-law or his family since they won't be doing SW this trip, but we could do this on Monday before they arrive if we wanted to. I've heard of a similar place in Epcot (Coral Reef?) but I've heard the Sharks Grill is much better in terms of atmosphere.

Those are the only ones I know about. Which one would you choose? Any other restaurants I should put on the list for 3 rough and tumble boys (and a grown man-child that they call "dad")?
planning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
planning
Earning My Ears

After doing a little more research you can probably disregard this thread. Coral Reef looks a little too "upscale" for 3 boys and a dad that will probably only get Chicken Fingers or a burger and T-Rex gets so many good reviews I think that's probably our best bet.
planning is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Cathy2120
Earning My Ears

Trail's end is really good...especially for boys its cowboysy...lol

Me DH DD19 DS17
February 2007 - Family Bus trip - off site
February 2008 - Family Bus trip - off site
February 2009 - Family - CBR
September 2009 - Me and Hubby - Pop Century
September 2010 - Me and Hubby - PO Riversides
February 2013 - Family - off site
Cathy2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

T-Rex has good food and the atmosphere is awesome! Our daughter (3 1/2 at the time) and all the adults loved it. Be sure to wander around the restaurant to check out all the dinosaurs and rooms while you're waiting for your food. Everyone does it so you won't look weird doing it.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
niroc
Love being a Disney dad!

You might also want to consider the Rain Forest Cafe in AK. I brought my three young daughters there last year and they (we) had a blast. The food is good and the atmosphere is great.

The great thing about it is that you do not need a park ticket to get into it.
niroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

T Rex is decent food, large menu, a little pricey for what you get ( and we're Disney regulars). Our last meal there was lunch in January. I had the rotisserie chicken with garlic mashed potatoes (they only gave me one side) and hubby had a half rack of ribs with one side. One teen had a bowl of french onion soup, one had a house salad and one had a $14 chicken salad sandwich with potato chips. Sodas around and well over $100 plus tip. Oh, they also have a build your own Dino station in the gift shop. The food is decent but I did notice portions have shrunk (used to be shareable) while the prices have increased. It also can geet quite loud at times so if any of your boys have a thing about loud noise.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: