DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
gweninwb
Earning My Ears

Chances of AKL Standard Studio 7 months out?

I think this is the right spot to post this question and thank you very much for any input. I am looking to be a second time renter for this years trip to Disney. Last year we stayed in a AKL value studio in late Oct and loved both the weather AND the resort. I would like to do a redo of this vacation. Last year I had NO issue getting a value studio Jambo house at 11 months out. This time I've contacted three renting services and all stated that they have no points available! Sooooooo...here we go....what are my chances of getting a standard studio at the 7 month mark? Do you have problems booking AKL at 7 months? I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about it all. If you could share about your past booking experiences it would be most appreciated!
gweninwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

You don't say when you are intending to actually be there but be aware of the following for AKL:

1. Value studios are very often unavailable 7 months out.

2. Standard and Savanna view studios have generally been available at 7 months out all year long except for a risk otherwise for time right at end of Nov and through the first 8 to 10 days in Dec (DVC's highest demand time of the year)

Last edited by drusba; 02-19-2013 at 07:10 PM.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
gweninwb
Earning My Ears

Ohh that's such good news! I am planning 5 nights Oct 26-31. I am flexible to do the prior week of Oct 19-24. I didn't know if I was allowed to put the dates in my post. Not quite sure about the rules. I know the Food and Wine festival is going on so I worried that would squash my chances. I was told the value studios are already booked out which is ok with me. It was a very tight fit with four of us in that room last year. I think I will appreciate the few extra sq of the standard villa.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

If it helps at all, I got a standard studio at AKV-Jambo (Kidani was also available) at 7 months last year for your exact same dates. However, I had to waitlist for a value studio, which never came thru. Since you'll be there on October 31, be sure to check out the CMs' pumpkin carving contest in the lobby

Old 02-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
jliehr
Earning My Ears

We just got a standard view studio for mid April last week, so 60 days. I think it's normally pretty easy to grab.

Last year we got a 2 BR SV at AKL for late May/Early June at 4 months out.
jliehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
gweninwb
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys! That makes me feel a lot better. If I don't get my reservation through the service I'll just book with a private owner at the 7 month mark.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
bwang123

we have 2 value studios right now during the time you mentioned. we did have 3 but dropped one a week or two later. if you look on the site now, they are all booked and have been since around the 11 month mark.

i would think the 2nd best time to find one, other than the 11month mark is at 7 months when people decide to change resorts. depending on who ends up going with us, we are even considering dropping both for another resort but they would probably go quick.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
gweninwb
Earning My Ears

Oh I didn't think about people dropping them. Good to know. You know what is strange...I just checked the Disney site for AKL Standard Villa availability (I'm paranoid can you tell? ) and nearly ALL the DVC resorts are fully booked out except for the most expensive villas....2 bedrooms and larger. I freaked out for a moment until I realized the site is different. They must have a new site. I'm hoping that it's just glitch....
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweninwb View Post
Oh I didn't think about people dropping them. Good to know. You know what is strange...I just checked the Disney site for AKL Standard Villa availability (I'm paranoid can you tell? ) and nearly ALL the DVC resorts are fully booked out except for the most expensive villas....2 bedrooms and larger. I freaked out for a moment until I realized the site is different. They must have a new site. I'm hoping that it's just glitch....

Disney's DVC room inventory (generally fairly small number) and DVC member room inventory (generally a very large number) are two different things and thus what you see for rent through Disney for DVC rooms does not reflect what may be available through members.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
glamdring269
Mouseketeer

We managed to get a jambo standard studio for Oct 5 - 12 earlier this week so the potential is definitely there.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

I got a jambo standard studio less than 60 days out and only paid $8 per point through the timehare store.... 3 nights mid november

I like your chances

However, if you are renting points, why wait until 7 months?
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
realpatt
Mouseketeer

Value view available at 7 month mark

I went on to change to Animal Kingdom at the 7th month mark and there was a value 1 bedroom available. Seemed like they had just about anything we would want - this was for September.
realpatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: