Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #76
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
Here's my thing… Don't get me wrong, I really like the monte cristo sandwich… However, because I do know how to make it (exactly as the recipes that's used at blue Bayou).. I'd rather take that $25 and go somewhere else where I don't have the recipe for it Because anytime I feel like having it I can just make it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Same could be said about an iPhone

Question is, can you make the potatoes too?
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #77
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleighc1 View Post
Can I make a reservation just for dessert? (I feel like I've seen this question asked before, but the search function is currently disabled) I'm a vegetarian, and their menu just doesn't look that great for me. Since my mom is coming on this trip with us, I'd love to go and have dessert alone with my husband and get to experience the ambiance that everyone talks about!
Yes, you can make a reservation just for dessert DBF and I like sharing a Creme brulee by the waterside if we have a chance to stop at BB during our trip!
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #78
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMom View Post
Hi, I am making my first post to praise the chef at Blue Bayou who went to the trouble to make me a Gluten-Free Monte Cristo sandwich. From scratch! And at dinner (when this item is not on the menu). It was Delicious! And a dream come true, if just a little one.

I have had celiac disease for about seven years and while Disneyland does a pretty great job of providing gluten-free options at their restaurants, some signature dishes are not gf and pretty tempting.

On our first evening at DL we ate at Cafe Orleans and the chef came out to discuss the gf thing and I ordered the N'Awlins Vegetable Ragout (which was really good also). I mentioned we had reservations for BB two days later and I would have loved to try the Monte Cristo because I knew it was the specialty. He said no problem, I will make it for you and wrote down my name and reservation time.

When we got there on Sunday, a special entree salad (no bleu cheese or candied pecans, they have wheat) and the gf sandwich were prepared just as promised. I felt so special. (And yes, it tasted great, not like typical gluten-free breads at all.)

Totally worth the cost for me. We had a pretty good table too and were seated quickly since we had made reservations (and maybe because of the food "allergy" issue).
So glad you had a great experience! Sometimes I'm tempted to order GF at DL but I never would have thought they would do the MC GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleighc1 View Post
Can I make a reservation just for dessert? (I feel like I've seen this question asked before, but the search function is currently disabled) I'm a vegetarian, and their menu just doesn't look that great for me. Since my mom is coming on this trip with us, I'd love to go and have dessert alone with my husband and get to experience the ambiance that everyone talks about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhickey View Post
Same could be said about an iPhone

Question is, can you make the potatoes too?
Yes, you can make a reservation for dessert only. You don't even need to tell them that's what it's for, just make the reservation and order dessert when you get there.
I think the recipe for the potatoes is floating around somewhere out there.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: